PDA

View Full Version : Who will play left tackle in 2011

connecticutsteel
07-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Honestly I have no idea I don't think they will bring Starks back for less . Nobody on the team is good enough right now except maybe Gilbert but not this year since he is a rookie.

K Train
07-29-2011, 11:56 AM
jonathan scott and it bring me physical pain to say that.

scott and kemo on the left side...ben is gonna get steamrolled on his blindside...awesome

LatrobePA
07-29-2011, 12:01 PM
This team IMO is falling apart on the line self inflicted style.

K Train
07-29-2011, 12:05 PM
they were doing something good....starks, kemo, pouncey, colon, flo looked like a top 10 line

scott, kemo, pouncey, foster, colon looks like a bottom 10 line though

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't think Colon would have started at RG anyway......The Steelers will not go into the 2011 season with Jon Scott as the top LT.....I just can't see them doing that.....

K Train
07-29-2011, 12:18 PM
i honestly think thats the plan, the absoultely terrible plan

i still think flo could be back to play RT and they roll with colon at RG giving us the best lineup possible to have for us...and mendenhall would love running that way
\
starks could be brought back too, idk this is weird

MattyVfromCT
07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Ughhhhh this can be very ugly....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Rampage
07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I think the team will resign Adams, but I am still concerned about who will play LT. While Jonathan Scott improved by the end of the season, I would prefer a better tackle there. With Gaither off the market and Starks cut (and apparently out of shape), it is looking like Scott will be the man, though.

Who knows? Maybe Gilbert comes in and kills it in camp and doesn't give the coaching staff a choice but to put him in.

tburg68
07-29-2011, 12:43 PM
So many moves are being made right now to get below the cap. After it all shakes out and players from other teams are cut, I believe the Steelers will add another OT. Not sure it will be to my or others liking, but another one will be added.

LatrobePA
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
They better

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2011, 01:07 PM
I was a lot more comfortable with Jonathan Scott as a backup. Now that he could potentially get forced into the starting lineup it makes me nervous. Not only because it's Scott himself, but because the lack of depth behind is a serious issue.

I like Scott because he fought through the struggles and played hard, but having him there as the full time starter is a concern.

Rampage
07-29-2011, 01:14 PM
I was a lot more comfortable with Jonathan Scott as a backup. Now that he could potentially get forced into the starting lineup it makes me nervous. Not only because it's Scott himself, but because the lack of depth behind is a serious issue.

I like Scott because he fought through the struggles and played hard, but having him there as the full time starter is a concern.

I hated Scott when he first filled in for Starks, but even I have to admit that he improved dramatically by the end of the season. I definitely wanted to see him resigned as a backup, but I am with you on being nervous at the thought of him as a starter.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Scott is a swing OT....come in and start at times...Not a full 16 game starter

connecticutsteel
07-29-2011, 01:38 PM
I gotta hope that something happens soon this is like the most important position along with corner on the field:banging::crossfingers:

K Train
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
all this improvement you guys saw from scott is fine...but going from abysmal to marginally servicable isnt exactly what i want in a LT

Rampage
07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
all this improvement you guys saw from scott is fine...but going from abysmal to marginally servicable isnt exactly what i want in a LT

I don't want it in a starting LT, but I like having him available as a backup. A backup tackle with so much experience can be very valuable.

K Train
07-29-2011, 01:51 PM
well hes penciled in as the starter for now, so there goes that thought process.

im annoyed with the roster moves on the line until further notice

Rampage
07-29-2011, 01:59 PM
well hes penciled in as the starter for now, so there goes that thought process.

im annoyed with the roster moves on the line until further notice

I was crossing my fingers for Gaither, but that obviously can't happen. Now I am just hoping that Gilbert surprises everyone and steals the LT spot.

cmerrifield
07-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Tony Hills :yesnod:

connecticutsteel
07-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Tony hills is a joke Trevis Turner has a better shot at LT than he does

harpo
07-29-2011, 04:10 PM
I honestly think it will be Gilbert. He may not start the season playing LT, but I think he will definitely finish the year as the LT.

connecticutsteel
07-29-2011, 04:28 PM
gilbert will take this job eventually

Farrior Fan
07-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Tony hills is a joke Trevis Turner has a better shot at LT than he does

Travis Tritt has a better shot than Hills.

STARKS - Get your fat butt in shape, we have a Super Bowl to win this year.:helmet:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Word is that Gilbert could be ready to jump in earlier than expected. If that holds true you could see him taking that job and running with it. I still hope Starks can get back into the fold. If he does then our Tackle situation is suddenly back under control again. Between Tackle and Cornerback, it's enough to drive you nuts trying to figure out who's going to step up.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Word is that Gilbert could be ready to jump in earlier than expected. If that holds true you could see him taking that job and running with it. I still hope Starks can get back into the fold. If he does then our Tackle situation is suddenly back under control again. Between Tackle and Cornerback, it's enough to drive you nuts trying to figure out who's going to step up.

See I'm not opposed at all of Gilbert starting right away....I think letting the young guys learn on the job is the best way....Sure he is going to take some lumps and really could lead to some losses.....That is the problem the Steelers are a legit Super Bowl contender and its hard to commit to a rookie but the Pats under Belichick always thrust rookies into the lineup.......

K Train
07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
im 100% on board with gilbert starting and starting early

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Max Starks was solid and nothing special.......Jon Scott is not a full 16 game starter......So yea roll with the rookie....Don't just give him the job but let him earn if he proves he can start right away.....

mos07
07-29-2011, 05:27 PM
im 100% on board with gilbert starting and starting early

Agreed!:cope::cope::cope:

SteelDad
07-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Gut feeling... We re-sign Max. With the short turnaround til first pre-season game, Gilbert gets starts until Max is back in shape. Other than that, I'm at a loss cuz I have little confidence in Scott.

K Train
07-29-2011, 05:44 PM
ideally we resign starks and flo for about the money we were gonna have to pay flo so about 5 million between the 2 of them....2.7 for starks and 2.3 for flo

then were peachy lol

Big T
07-29-2011, 06:04 PM
With Scott and Colon not able to participate in camp until the 4th, Kyle Jolly took the first team reps at LT and Chris Scott took first team reps at RT.

Ewwwwwwwww.

Rampage
07-29-2011, 06:07 PM
With Scott and Colon not able to participate in camp until the 4th, Kyle Jolly took the first team reps at LT and Chris Scott took first team reps at RT.

Ewwwwwwwww.

I smell championship.

connecticutsteel
07-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Ewwwwwwwww.

and Keenan Lewis was rcb

Big T
07-29-2011, 06:32 PM
and Keenan Lewis was rcb

Kind of expected that though. As of right now, ike cant report to camp til the 4th, William Gay is a FA, he has the experience edge over Butler and obviously Brown (who isn't even in camp yet). He's the only corner besides McFadden with any experience. He won't make it out of camp.

connecticutsteel
07-29-2011, 08:04 PM
the talks with oakland and Gaithier brokedown according to Rosenhaus . Do we have enough room to sign him

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2011, 07:17 PM
We should have a good indication once a few preseason games are played. If worse comes to worse I'll do it, lol.

Rampage
07-30-2011, 07:20 PM
We should have a good indication once a few preseason games are played. If worse comes to worse I'll do it, lol.

I'm surprised they aren't holding open tryouts in the 'burgh. :lol:

uclkyle
07-30-2011, 08:26 PM
I think it will be either Max Starks or Flozell Adams, one of which comes back at a reduced price. If not, I suppose we got with Scott (SCARY).

LatrobePA
07-30-2011, 08:30 PM
This team is strapped for $$$ I don't see them doing much...