PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign 5 draft picks; Cam Heyward & Curtis Brown still to be signed.

jpele
07-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Mike Tomlin said that the Steelers signed five of their seven draft picks today. The only two not to sign so far are No. 1 Cameron Heyward and No. 3 Curtis Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Mike Tomlin said that the Steelers signed five of their seven draft picks today. The only two not to sign so far are No. 1 Cameron Heyward and No. 3 Curtis Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should hopefully start to see the contract numbers soon for these draft picks. We already saw Cortez Allen's deal being announced.

This is really good news, I think we all figured Cam Heyward's deal would take the longest to get done.

connecticutsteel
07-28-2011, 10:42 PM
I hope they sign tonight so they can practice tommorrow

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2011, 11:29 PM
It wouldn't be out of the question to see a late night release that either or both have signed. All week long we've seen late night deals getting done. The good thing is we have many done now, so they can concentrate the biggest one in Heyward and getting Brown under contract as quickly as possible.

SteelCityKid5
07-29-2011, 12:29 AM
I read Heywards Twitter yesterday and it read that hes switching from #97 to #95.. just thought Id pass it along

"CamHeyward Cam Heyward
It's great honor to be wearing the same number as the great Greg Lloyd wore. The 97 jersey for now, but bring on the 95!!! #truehonor"

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2011, 12:32 AM
I believe that's been the case for awhile now. I still hate seeing anyone wear the epic Greg Lloyd 95 though, but such is life. I would look for Heyward's deal to get done before the weekend is out hopefully.

From BRC's Droid X of Awesomeness

Real Deal Steel
07-29-2011, 12:33 AM
It will get done. Just want to get through camp with as few injuries as possible.

K Train
07-29-2011, 11:57 AM
first time in like 8 years we havent had the picks signed on time isnt it? ****in lockout

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2011, 01:09 PM
first time in like 8 years we havent had the picks signed on time isnt it? ****in lockout

Yeah it sucks, but most teams are in the same boat. The good thing is that they have until the weekend to get guys in and ready to go since the first few days of camp they are only allowed to have some walk throughs and light workouts. The real hitting won't start until I believe Sunday.

Big T
07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Heyward signed today