PDA

View Full Version : Ochocinco to the Patriots?

floodcitygirl
07-28-2011, 06:52 PM
No link yet but WKRC in Cincy is reporting that the Bengals have traded him.

StlersGuy
07-28-2011, 06:55 PM
ESPN just said it on Sportscenter... Lmfao still will not get him a ring

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro

jpele
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
When he scores first TD as a Pat, he's going to pull a video camera out of his sock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
It's a done deal...He's on his way to NE.

Rampage
07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
He's a douche, so he'll fit in just fine.

MattyVfromCT
07-28-2011, 08:12 PM
When he scores first TD as a Pat, he's going to pull a video camera out of his sock.

LMFAO!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

PsychoWard
07-28-2011, 08:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6813469/cincinnati-bengals-deal-chad-ochocinco-new-england-patriots-source-says

The New England Patriots have acquired wide receiver Chad Ochocinco after he accepted a restructured three-year contract from the Patriots, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Bengals will receive two draft picks, one this year and one next season.

Ochocinco was scheduled to make $6.35 million for the Bengals this year. The Patriots wanted him to restructure his contract to fit their cap.

The 10-year veteran caught 67 passes for 831 yards and four touchdowns last season. That was a drop-off from 2009, the last of his six Pro Bowl years, when Ochocinco had 72 receptions for 1,047 yards and nine TDs.

He has seven 1,000-yard receiving seasons, leading the league with 1,369 in 2006.

Ochocinco provides another option for Tom Brady, who has been without a deep target since the Patriots traded Randy Moss to the Minnesota Vikings last season. In 10 seasons, all with the Bengals, Ochocinco has 751 catches for 10,783 yards and 66 touchdowns.

Despite Brady throwing for 3,900 yards and 36 touchdowns in 2010, the Pats didn't have a 1,000-yard receiver. Wes Welker led the team with 848 yards.

Moss was traded after only four games last season despite 1,264 receiving yards and a team-high 13 touchdowns in 2009.

Despite Ochocinco's outlandish personality and propensity for making headlines with his mouth, the veteran wide receiver has a good relationship with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. The two developed a bond at the Pro Bowl several years ago, and prior to a preseason game two seasons ago, microphones caught the two exchanging some good-natured ribbing.

"It became a relationship beyond a football player and coach," Ochocinco said last September before the Bengals faced the Patriots. "He became a friend of mine.

"He's one that I look up to tremendously. One who I've never played for but who I share the same respect for as if he was my own head coach."

Belichick returned the compliment.

"It's an odd couple," Belichick said at the time, drawing some laughter from media members. "But in the end, I think we have a lot of things in common.

"I like Chad. I like him as a player, I like him as a person. I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has in football, and how he competes on the football field."

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2011, 11:55 PM

:haha: No doubt! Man Cincy is just imploding right now. Palmer doesn't want to be here, he's technically retired, now Chad is gone..what's next!

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Aren't you glad you were not born a Cincinatti fan. Thank GOD, praise Jesus.What will his new name be? Ocho Revere. Man that doesn't sound right. How about Ocho Adams. Nah that don't fit either. Oh well, I'm sure he'll figure out something. Joesph gone too. "Three players arrested within a week's period that could end up with two players (Cedric Benson and Adam Jones) dealing with possible suspensions that would seriously hurt an already deficient position". Source cincyjungle news 07/28/2011.

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Actually a great signing for us...he ain't never done jacksh*t against us and it will be one less receiver we have to cover :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2011, 01:44 AM
Big difference that was with Bengals QB's....Now Mucho Stinko has Tom Brady throwing him the ball....Brady picked up apart last year with his bum WR core and a rookie TE....lol

jpele
07-29-2011, 09:56 AM
:haha: No doubt! Man Cincy is just imploding right now. Palmer doesn't want to be here, he's technically retired, now Chad is gone..what's next!

How about Johnathan Joseph.

Scorp
07-29-2011, 12:00 PM

He's going to get shot by the patriot guys after his touchdown. Or right before he crosses the goal line. :yellowthumb:

LarryNJ
07-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Actually a great signing for us...he ain't never done jacksh*t against us and it will be one less receiver we have to cover :tt02::tt02::tt02:
:nono:

Big difference that was with Bengals QB's....Now Mucho Stinko has Tom Brady throwing him the ball....Brady picked up apart last year with his bum WR core and a rookie TE....lol

:yellowthumb: A huge difference between the overrated Palmer and Brady. Not to mention Mavin Lewis and Belichick. I look for Chad to change a little and have a great year this year. Next year may be a different story. Our best chance is to have the Ravens or Jets knock out the Pats in the Playoffs! :lol:

Steel Trap86
07-29-2011, 03:02 PM
TE Hernandez wears 85 on New England too lol Wonder if he gives it up for Ochocinco? hahaha

mos07
07-29-2011, 06:24 PM
:nono:

:yellowthumb: A huge difference between the overrated Palmer and Brady. Not to mention Mavin Lewis and Belichick. I look for Chad to change a little and have a great year this year. Next year may be a different story. Our best chance is to have the Ravens or Jets knock out the Pats in the Playoffs! :lol:

Yeah ........watching Brady carve us up has been a sore spot for me. there were 14-2 and now upgraded at WR and DL, their TE's will be amazing, etc........God, I hate them...........

We need to beat them when it counts ... a HUGE albatross............:cope::cope:

MattyVfromCT
07-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah ........watching Brady carve us up has been a sore spot for me. there were 14-2 and now upgraded at WR and DL, their TE's will be amazing, etc........God, I hate them...........

We need to beat them when it counts ... a HUGE albatross............:cope::cope:

COSIGNED AND THEN SOME. Nothing worse than living in new england when the pats beat us time and time again. Always hear the chirping from new england fans every day. Even when we don't play them I always get smart *** remarks from them. God I hope we beat them this year....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

TampaSteelGirl
08-02-2011, 11:15 AM
TE Hernandez wears 85 on New England too lol Wonder if he gives it up for Ochocinco? hahaha

Hernandez did give up his number to Ocho...dumb bunny!

I don't think Chad will pull the crap that he did with Marvin Lewis..he could walk all over that man however Belicheat wont tolerate it...I think the Patriots may just save Chad's football career. he needs it, he has a golddiggin fiance!!! :yesnod: