PDA

View Full Version : Randle El released by Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Veteran WR Antwaan Randle El has been released by the Steelers. We all pretty much knew this was coming. There just wasn't enough cap space to keep him but even more than that, the young guys in Sanders and Brown have proven they are ready to step up and carry the load.

PsychoWard
07-28-2011, 09:24 AM
:clap: sorry dude but we are just making room for plax :lol:

LatrobePA
07-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Train will be PO'd...lol

harpo
07-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Train will be PO'd...lol

I was just about to post the same thing.....lol :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2011, 09:31 AM
I found it interesting that they have not given the outright release to other guys like Will Allen, Arnaz Battle, etc. yet? Getting rid of those guys will save a few million in cap space.

Either way, ARE coming back was just not going to happen.

K Train
07-28-2011, 09:48 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TampaSteelGirl
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
This definately means they are seriously wanting Plax...Im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt BUT............

K Train
07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
This definately means they are seriously wanting Plax...Im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt BUT............

i think this was coming either way, but it doesnt hurt plaxs chances.

i think hed be more welcomed back here than NY, and i think hed rather play with ben than eli at this point in all of their careers...thats just me though

LatrobePA
07-28-2011, 10:22 AM
NY is the city that threw the f'n book at him, why in the hell would he even consider staying / coming back??

TampaSteelGirl
07-28-2011, 10:27 AM

i think hed be more welcomed back here than NY, and i think hed rather play with ben than eli at this point in all of their careers...thats just me though

Very true...while I really want to be excited about having a tall. talented receiver, im just worried about his attitude. I know Tomlin would nip it in the bud..i just dont want the locker room stressed with his big head...If he's changed then I wouldn't mind having him back....would welcome back the talent.

--- Added 7/28/2011 at 09:27 AM ---

NY is the city that threw the f'n book at him, why in the hell would he even consider staying / coming back??

Money talks baby boy....:2cents:

K Train
07-28-2011, 10:30 AM
i cant really see plax having an attitude problem trying to make a late career comeback

MattyVfromCT
07-28-2011, 10:33 AM

I also think he'd much rather play for Tomlin because its a well known fact he hates coughlin just like pretty much everyone else who's played for him. we also have a much better shot at getting him another ring than ny does right now as well.

As far as randle el, good riddance. He was awful last season. And the sad thing is im actually arguing with someone who's trying to convince me randle el was very valuable for us last season with his whopping 4 yds per punt return....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

TampaSteelGirl
07-28-2011, 10:33 AM
i cant really see plax having an attitude problem trying to make a late career comeback

I hope not...it would be good to have a tall receiver. Im just ready for the season to start!!!! :tt02:

LarryNJ
07-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Randle El was a lot of fun on his first tour with us. Coming back was pretty much a waste. Good luck and thanks for the memories!

TampaSteelGirl
07-28-2011, 10:35 AM
I also think he'd much rather play for Tomlin because its a well known fact he hates coughlin just like pretty much everyone else who's played for him. we also have a much better shot at getting him another ring than ny does right now as well.

As far as randle el, good riddance. He was awful last season. And the sad thing is im actually arguing with someone who's trying to convince me randle el was very valuable for us last season with his whopping 4 yds per punt return....

Tell your friend that's pure crazy talk...he didn't do much for us. I will say and I hate to say this but I would take Plax over El...ok i said it. :thud:

LatrobePA
07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Money talks baby boy....:2cents:

I guess...

MattyVfromCT
07-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Tell your friend that's pure crazy talk...he didn't do much for us. I will say and I hate to say this but I would take Plax over El...ok i said it. :thud:

Oh he isn't my friend. Just some random dude on a steelers facebook page. His reasoning for randle el being valuable for us is NOT DROPPING THE BALL on returns. Hmmmm, its kinda what's expected of you. Sorry but im not calling up the rooneys telling them to retire randle El's number for NOT DROPPING THE BALL on punt returns while having a pathetic 4 yards per return. Some people I tell ya....

connecticutsteel
07-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Something tells me that if plax shot himself in the leg with his own gun like Cheddar Bob in Pittsburgh he wouldn't have gone to prison at all
ARL served a purpose for the Steelers we are moving on best of luck to him

K Train
07-28-2011, 11:07 AM
nope....ny really threw the book at him and made him into an example, most other places he wouldnt have gotten into nearly as much trouble

MattyVfromCT
07-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Agreed. Mayor bloomberg was just grandstanding and trying to get publicity out of not letting a pro athlete get a lesser sentence than a normal citizen would....

jpele
07-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I'd rather the Steelers didn't bring Plax back, he thinks he's Randy Moss but in truth he's slightly above average.

New York didn't make an example of Burress , 20 months was a light sentence. from NYS gun laws:

Illegal possession of a loaded firearm is a class C violent felony, punishable by a minimum mandatory term of three and a half years and a maximum of fifteen years.

Guess they thought anyone dumb enough to shoot himself deserves a break.

My fondest recollection of Burress:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/847/142/52053190_display_image.jpg?1302404185

Blazedby92
07-28-2011, 12:46 PM
2 YEARS AND ABOUT 22 NONTOUCHDOWN CATCHES TOO LATE, Good riddin's should have never been able to come back.
Been living off a SB touchdown pass for too long

Rampage
07-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Not surprised. I like the trick plays that he offers this team, but that is about all that he had. Best of luck to him in Arizona, where I am sure he will sign.

StlersGuy
07-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Only 29 catches last year... Not worth the money at all. So really no big loss we will be just fine with out him

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro

K Train
07-28-2011, 01:50 PM
29 catches that would have been put to better use with any other WR on the roster....the man is physically terrified of the endzone

PsychoWard
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
the man is physically terrified of the endzone

:lol: yea he was! He was also terrified of getting positive yardage on punt returns!

steelersbabex25
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
But who will we get to fair catch punts now? :dunno:

Rampage
07-28-2011, 05:29 PM

Initial reports are that the Steelers are in talks with Ricardo Coclough and Willie Reid.

MattyVfromCT
07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
:lol: yea he was! He was also terrified of getting positive yardage on punt returns!

Oh but according to one asshat I've been arguing with all day, randle el had a great season last year smdh. I really wonder if some people were born that stupid or if they had to work at it...

K Train
07-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Initial reports are that the Steelers are in talks with Ricardo Coclough and Willie Reid.

lmao coclough

LatrobePA
07-28-2011, 08:35 PM

He's the only player in NFL history that could make the HOF for his fair catching ability!

steelersbabex25
07-28-2011, 09:07 PM
He's the only player in NFL history that could make the HOF for his fair catching ability!

Yeah, he caught almost every one!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Very nice person though.....I met him once and he signed an autograph for me....El actually stayed and made sure everybody received an autograph even when his time was supposed to be up.....very classy move but he is done as a player.....

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Plax come on home. Pennsylvania, where dynamite is legal on the Fourth of July. Yee Haw. Nice knowin ya ARE.