PDA

View Full Version : Walking Papers

mos07
07-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Considering free agency and the signing of draft picks, which current Steelers will not make the opening day roster? Make your top five (or more) list..............or will we keep some deadbeats?:banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Word is this afternoon that Willie Colon could be on the move very soon. Although some have reported the Steelers want him back he is open to going elsewhere for the right money and presumably a guaranteed chance to start.

uclkyle
07-26-2011, 10:12 PM
I believe about 1/3 of our projected 53 man roster are free agents, so I assume you are asking about players under contract. This is my list of guys that really matters (ie make lots of money and don't really contribute). So here goes (in no particular order):

Antwaan Randle-El
Arnaz Battle
Flozell Adams (but this purely depends on the Willie Colon situation. I believe Colon WILL be signed, therefore making Adams and his $5 million salary gone).
Chris Kemoeatu (he does contribute, but his pass blocking is SO poor and he committs so many costly penalties, he could be gone).
Larry Foote

As a foot note, I do not believe that Dan Sepulveda and Matt Spaeth will be back. Both are UFA.

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Who is going to take D-sep's place?? I realize he has been injured but we have no replacement for him,when he's not injured he is a huge asset

uclkyle
07-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Who is going to take D-sep's place?? I realize he has been injured but we have no replacement for him,when he's not injured he is a huge asset

I thought Jeremy Kapinos did a fantastic job last season. Below is a list of free agent punters. Also, realize the difference between the guy who is first in the NFL in punting and 15th is like 3 yards per kick. We can't continue to rely on a guy who has had like 5 knee surgeries.

Ben Graham (UFA) - Arizona
Brett Kern (RFA) - Tennessee
Sam Koch (UFA) - Baltimore
Michael Koenen (UFA) - Atlanta
Brad Maynard (UFA) - Chicago
Adam Podlesh (UFA) - Jacksonville
Matt Turk (UFA) - Houston
Steve Weatherford (UFA) - NY Jets

TampaSteelGirl
07-27-2011, 10:05 AM
I don't think we will get rid of Sep..

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2011, 10:13 AM
I thought Jeremy Kapinos did a fantastic job last season. Below is a list of free agent punters. Also, realize the difference between the guy who is first in the NFL in punting and 15th is like 3 yards per kick. We can't continue to rely on a guy who has had like 5 knee surgeries.

Ben Graham (UFA) - Arizona
Brett Kern (RFA) - Tennessee
Sam Koch (UFA) - Baltimore
Michael Koenen (UFA) - Atlanta
Brad Maynard (UFA) - Chicago
Adam Podlesh (UFA) - Jacksonville
Matt Turk (UFA) - Houston
Steve Weatherford (UFA) - NY Jets

Kapinos did a decent job last year. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot and go into camp to battle it out with Sepulveda. There is still time for the Steelers to bring in a punter or kicker for camp yet.

I don't think we will get rid of Sep..

That's cuz you have a crush on him..LOL!

I think they bring him back as well, I just wish the poor guy could stay healthy for an entire season and we can stop trying to find punters mid way through to finish the year out.

TampaSteelGirl
07-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Kapinos did a decent job last year. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot and go into camp to battle it out with Sepulveda. There is still time for the Steelers to bring in a punter or kicker for camp yet.

That's cuz you have a crush on him..LOL!

I think they bring him back as well, I just wish the poor guy could stay healthy for an entire season and we can stop trying to find punters mid way through to finish the year out.

That I do have Matt....a HUGE crush!! :drool:
But not huge enough to buy his jersey though...

LarryNJ
07-27-2011, 10:27 AM
My guess:

Foote, Adams, Randle El, Smith

TampaSteelGirl
07-27-2011, 10:34 AM
My guess:

Foote, Adams, Randle El, Smith

As much as I hate to say it...Im wondering about Smith myself.

harpo
07-27-2011, 10:36 AM
As much as I hate to say it...Im wondering about Smith myself.

Same here....but something tells me they'll retain him.

K Train
07-27-2011, 10:40 AM
i think he will come back at a major discount...otherwise hes as good as gone

harpo
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
i think he will come back at a major discount...otherwise hes as good as gone

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking.

LarryNJ
07-27-2011, 10:45 AM
i think he will come back at a major discount...

That would work!

greg1964
07-27-2011, 02:34 PM
I would cut El, Battle, Kemo, Gay, Moore, Speath, Adams, and restructure A. Smith as a part time player.

Restructure, Ben, and Harrison contacts to free up money to sign Woodley to a long term deal, and extend Timmons, and Troy deals. I would like the Steelers to resign Hoke at the right price.

MattyVfromCT
07-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Heard the bears are making a serious push for colon

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

uclkyle
07-28-2011, 02:31 AM
I would cut El, Battle, Kemo, Gay, Moore, Speath, Adams, and restructure A. Smith as a part time player.

Restructure, Ben, and Harrison contacts to free up money to sign Woodley to a long term deal, and extend Timmons, and Troy deals. I would like the Steelers to resign Hoke at the right price.

I disagree with Gay and Moore. As a third or fourth DB, he's fine, until the kids grow into their own. Moore is a valuable third down back.

Big T
07-28-2011, 03:40 AM
I disagree with Gay and Moore. As a third or fourth DB, he's fine, until the kids grow into their own. Moore is a valuable third down back.

Anything Moore can do, Mendenhall can do 50 times better. We do not need Mewelde Moore. Isaac Redman can spell Mendenhall but Mendenhall should be the every-down back. There is also Baron Batch who possesses a skillset that can be utilized in a thrid-down role. Mewelde Moore is getting slower, he can barely block anymore, and it's sometimes painful watching him with the ball in his hands. I definitely would not be sad to see him go. Just my :2cents:

uclkyle
07-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Anything Moore can do, Mendenhall can do 50 times better. We do not need Mewelde Moore. Isaac Redman can spell Mendenhall but Mendenhall should be the every-down back. There is also Baron Batch who possesses a skillset that can be utilized in a thrid-down role. Mewelde Moore is getting slower, he can barely block anymore, and it's sometimes painful watching him with the ball in his hands. I definitely would not be sad to see him go. Just my :2cents:

All good points, but Mendy can't play 60 snaps a game. And on 3rd down, I don't have the confidence in Redman to do the things a back needs to do (ie pass block). Moore is also more versatile on the special teams. Haven't seen enough of Batch to know if he can be the third down guy. Not the end of the world if Moore goes, but I think he's got 1 more season left.