PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent's who do you want?

StlersGuy
07-26-2011, 02:56 PM
The Free agent I most want on the STEELERS is _______________________?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-26-2011, 03:01 PM
The Free agent I most want on the STEELERS is _______________________?

IKE TAYLOR!

I know it's been beaten to death but before anybody else is signed this team needs to secure Ike.

IF and I don't want to upset the football gods, but if Ike doesn't come back it wouldn't surprise me to see them make a run at Jonathan Joseph or Chris Carr.

K Train
07-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Ike Taylor
Willie Colon

Nnamdi Asomugha
Jonathan Joseph
Carlos Rodgers
Jared Gaither
Robert Gallery

BlitzburghRockCity
07-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Ike Taylor
Willie Colon

Nnamdi Asomugha
Jonathan Joseph
Carlos Rodgers
Jared Gaither
Robert Gallery

I just can't wrap my brain around a reason to bring back Colon. The only way that happens is if they decide they don't want Flozell back for cap reasons. Otherwise Colon should be gone.

Nnamdi is a pipe dream we all had, LOL.
Joseph I'd be happy with.
Gallery, eh, as a backup maybe but our line isn't all that bad at this point. Although you can't have too much depth.
Rodgers, could be a good move, DB help is always welcome.
Gaither, interesting. He's not had the best rep in Baltimore among the fans lately because of his attitude and his injury.

LatrobePA
07-26-2011, 03:17 PM
#10 HOLMES

StlersGuy
07-26-2011, 03:26 PM
I want Reggie Bush how can you not want a back like that, and you add him to our offence talk about danger...

LatrobePA
07-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I want Reggie Bush how can you not want a back like that, and you add him to our offence talk about danger...

I'd take him too...

connecticutsteel
07-26-2011, 03:40 PM
aubreyo franklin nt san francisco

BlitzburghRockCity
07-26-2011, 05:02 PM
I'd take him too...

I think we'd all be happy with a guy like Reggie Bush in our offense. He's reported to want about 15 touches per game. He's a situational player; good returner and great out of the backfield in the passing game. He'll want too much money though and I just think the Steelers would pay it.

K Train
07-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I just can't wrap my brain around a reason to bring back Colon. The only way that happens is if they decide they don't want Flozell back for cap reasons. Otherwise Colon should be gone.

Nnamdi is a pipe dream we all had, LOL.
Joseph I'd be happy with.
Gallery, eh, as a backup maybe but our line isn't all that bad at this point. Although you can't have too much depth.
Rodgers, could be a good move, DB help is always welcome.
Gaither, interesting. He's not had the best rep in Baltimore among the fans lately because of his attitude and his injury.

gallery would certainly start for us, at least at RG hopefully at LG

gaither and joseph becoming traitors would make me happy...we never really get former bengals/browns/ravens that are worth a damn

reggie bush isnt a FA (yet?) but i would LOVE him. he would be heroic in pittsburgh, and i dont think hes gonna want "too much" because hes either making 11 million this year from that second overall deal or hes taking a monster paycut and getting market value

ive always liked colon...i would like to see him play at RG this year next to flo, but hes a good player and can play RT and RG and we have a lot of uncertainty at both spots.

i cant stand scott or essex and im ready to throw in the towel on hills

Starks-Kemo(ugh)-Pouncey(<3)-Colon-Flo

would be ideal

Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Foster-Flo

is more likely

i would hope gilbert could win that RG spot if he has to, id like to see what he has out of the gates

Rampage
07-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Jonathan Joseph would be my #1.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-26-2011, 07:51 PM

gaither and joseph becoming traitors would make me happy...we never really get former bengals/browns/ravens that are worth a damn

reggie bush isnt a FA (yet?) but i would LOVE him. he would be heroic in pittsburgh, and i dont think hes gonna want "too much" because hes either making 11 million this year from that second overall deal or hes taking a monster paycut and getting market value

ive always liked colon...i would like to see him play at RG this year next to flo, but hes a good player and can play RT and RG and we have a lot of uncertainty at both spots.

would be ideal

is more likely

i would hope gilbert could win that RG spot if he has to, id like to see what he has out of the gates

What's your beef with Ramon Foster at RG? Dude was solid all year, and played very well between Flozell and Pouncey. I'm really thinking there is no real need for a starting RG, Foster is more than capable of pulling it off. Now I wouldn't mind seeing a battle between him and Colon, that could be good.

Mike Tomlin
07-26-2011, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Deangelo Hall in a strong locker room like ours with the pass rush that we have. He should be cheaper than the other top tier corners because he got huge deals already, he'd probably play for us for free lol.

K Train
07-26-2011, 10:42 PM
hall isnt a free agent, cromartie is that kind of guy though that i think would be amazing with the pass rush we have

uclkyle
07-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Cullen Jenkins, Ike, and Reggie Bush

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Adam Schefter just tweeted that Holmes agreed to a new 5 yr. deal with the Jets..so that pipe dream that some of us had is gone. Not that we need him at this point but I know some Steeler fans were hoping beyond all hope that he might come back.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-27-2011, 01:46 PM

would be ideal

is more likely

hall isnt a free agent, cromartie is that kind of guy though that i think would be amazing with the pass rush we have

I couldnt agree more! I like Colon as a guard ALOT, but they dont seem to want to make that move. Im not counting on Willie to be back, though i hope he is! Gallery was a bust at T but is a VERY servicable G and would easily win the RG and/or maybe beat out Chris-K at LG. Gaither would push for a RG job aswell.

Bush would be A-mazing but, sorry i just dont see it for a multitude of reasons. A.Cromartie would be interesting. I think he is a Ike Taylor clone (body type) but he isnt the worlds most fearless tackler. On the plus side, he may come on the cheap and would EASILY be our starting CB opp. Ike.

I would add Buckholter (after a lengthy physical). When he is healthy, he is a fine back and good out of the backfield as well... say "see-ya" to Mewelde. Or Jason Snelling, i think that dude is highly under-rated and would be a good addition to or backfield.

Blazedby92
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I would love me some CRO oppisite Ike.
Wanted him out of college, hopeing they would get him since he didn't play his senior year after a broken leg.

K Train
07-27-2011, 03:03 PM
if the cards are willing to deal drc for kolb, id give them leftwich and dixon for him lol

MattyVfromCT
07-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Jonathan joseph or cromartie

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

coldrolled
07-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Jonathan joseph or cromartie

NFL says: Nnamdi and the Jets?? They were way over their cap?....

Nnamdi, Revis, Kyle Wilson.. someone wants to win a SB...

We need another CB bad...

MattyVfromCT
07-27-2011, 04:50 PM

We need another CB bad...

Im very curious as to what their cap space is because they went all out last year signing guys when there was no cap

tburg68
07-27-2011, 09:02 PM

They still have a problem at QB. Sanchez isn't good.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2011, 12:16 PM
You can forget the pipe dream of Reggie Bush as well, he was traded to the Dolphins this morning. We all knew it wasn't going to happen but it was fun to think about.

Jared Gaither now could be a real option for this team.

harpo
07-28-2011, 12:44 PM
You can forget the pipe dream of Reggie Bush as well, he was traded to the Dolphins this morning. We all knew it wasn't going to happen but it was fun to think about.

Jared Gaither now could be a real option for this team.

I see Gaither signing with the Raiders.

K Train
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Joseph and the steelers being linked together from a few sources....if you want to see real life unfiltered tears of sheer happiness from k train....get that deal done.

holy **** i would be a happy man

Rampage
07-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Joseph and the steelers being linked together from a few sources....if you want to see real life unfiltered tears of sheer happiness from k train....get that deal done.

The only thing that I think could make you happier is if the team resigned ARE.

harpo
07-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Dude....don't play with my emotions like that. Are you serious????

The only thing that I think could make you happier is if the team resigned ARE.
:lol:

LatrobePA
07-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Dude....don't play with my emotions like that. Are you serious????

:lol:

I just lifted my desk a little just thinking about it....

MattyVfromCT
07-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Scratch jonathan joseph. He signed with houston

LatrobePA
07-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Filed to ESPN: Texans reach agreement with former Bengals CB Johnathan Joseph on a five-year deal. Nnamdi to Jets looking more likely.

SteelCityKid5
07-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Is Cromartie realistic at all? We need a damn corner

LatrobePA
07-28-2011, 09:46 PM

Would make sense to me but, I for some reason feel the FO is OK with the DB's thay have now.

K Train
07-28-2011, 09:57 PM
man id love cromartie here...i dont care if hes a risk taker and a retard when he speaks....we have a risk taker named troy and we put up with him, and we have an idiot when he talks named james harrison...cromartie wont bother me with all the picks hed get with the pass rush.

Rampage
07-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I haven't been opposed to Cromartie, but I liked Joseph more. Now that he is off the market, I wouldn't mind seeing the team pursue Cromartie, the man on a mission to repopulate the earth. That said, I wouldn't mind the team going after a dude like Carlos Rodgers, either, so long as the money was right.

connecticutsteel
07-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Honestly i think that Cromartie is a better fit than Nnamdi FOR THE YETS

--- Added 7/28/2011 at 08:52 PM ---

The steelers won't sign any significant new free agents the are going with who they have you'll see i bet i'm right at least on defense

Real Deal Steel
07-29-2011, 12:34 AM
I wonder how expensive Carlos Rodgers would be?

coldrolled
07-29-2011, 01:35 AM

cant we do... Nnamdi for 8 years 64 mil guaranteed.

Scorp
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
cant we do... Nnamdi for 8 years 64 mil guaranteed.

Only if Pitt and Nnamdi saw it that way. :thinking:

SteelCityKid5
07-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Also, I know there still time and free agents left but I thought we'd have got someone by now..it's all been in-house players...maybe the FO has been waiting to clear up all of our in-house players including draftees first. I still say we need a CB, O-lineman and a possible RB

Phdboy2020
07-29-2011, 09:46 PM
It would be awesome if we could get a guy like Richard Marshall(CB) at a discounted rate for being on the best team in the NFL. Maybe he would go for it, maybe not, worth a shot.

coldrolled
07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Lets see Starks, Kemo and Adams are gone...

We signed Colon...

What is the OL going to look like..?

Gilbert will have to start right?

Big T
07-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Lets see Starks, Kemo and Adams are gone...

We signed Colon...

What is the OL going to look like..?

Gilbert will have to start right?

Kemo isnt gone. He's on the PUP list with swelling in his knee. Whenever that gets squared away he can be taken off the list and participate in practice.

Real Deal Steel
07-30-2011, 01:47 AM
We need to sign Gaithers. Period.

coldrolled
07-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Kemo isnt gone. He's on the PUP list with swelling in his knee. Whenever that gets squared away he can be taken off the list and participate in practice.

isnt PUP like being gone for an extended period, and doesnt count you as on the roster till week 6 or something... doesnt soumd good...

Big T
07-30-2011, 09:08 AM
isnt PUP like being gone for an extended period, and doesnt count you as on the roster till week 6 or something... doesnt soumd good...

Nah that's the Reserve PUP list. There is the Active PUP list and the Reserve PUP list. Players can only be put on the active PUP list before they participate in training camp. Once on the active PUP list, they can be removed at anytime during Training camp.

At the end of the Preseason, players that are on the active PUP list that are still weeks away from recovery can be put on the Reserve PUP list. Those on the Reserve PUP list cannot play until week six but do not count against the active roster. You have to be on the active PUP list to be eligible for the reserve PUP.

That's how the rules have been, unless the new CBA changed it in any way, I'm pretty sure the same rules apply.