PDA

View Full Version : Bengals refuse to trade Palmer

PsychoWard
07-26-2011, 01:37 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Cincinnati-Bengals-refuse-to-trade-Carson-Palmer-072611

CINCINNATI (AP)

The Bengals say they won't trade quarterback Carson Palmer, who wants to leave one of the NFL's least-successful franchises.

Owner Mike Brown said on Tuesday that he won't satisfy the quarterback's request for a trade. Brown says that a trade would reward Palmer for failing to play out the rest of his contract. Instead, they'll let him go ahead with his plan to retire rather than play for the Bengals.

Brown indicated that the team will look for another veteran quarterback in free agency, but plans to move ahead with second-round draft pick Andy Dalton as the possible starter.

The Bengals will hold their first practice in Georgetown, Ky., on Saturday, two days later than originally planned.

I think this is funny! More drama in cincy!

PsychoWard
07-26-2011, 01:38 PM
and they are looking for a veteran QB dare i say.........Farve :rofl:

StlersGuy
07-26-2011, 01:50 PM
so they need to make him there water boy and move on oh wait he already is, maybe move him to towelboy

LarryNJ
07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I think that's great. You signed a contract, now honor it or retire.

LatrobePA
07-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I think that's great. You signed a contract, now honor it or retire.

What will he do? Can't go back now, or can he??

TampaSteelGirl
07-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I thought he sold his house in Cincy??? :dunno:

StlersGuy
07-26-2011, 03:13 PM
I thought he sold his house in Cincy??? :dunno:

wait he had a house...did not known those excited in Cincy...:lol:

TampaSteelGirl
07-26-2011, 03:16 PM
wait he had a house...did not known those excited in Cincy...:lol:

What?????

LarryNJ
07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
What will he do? Can't go back now, or can he??

The way I understand it is as long as they have cap space Carson can't force their hand to trade him but yes he can still play. I think this year the Bengals are ok, but next year he may be able to force them into cutting or trading him. It looks like he may be taking a year off.

Zachintosh66
07-26-2011, 06:01 PM
what a **** hole franchise...

MattyVfromCT
07-26-2011, 06:06 PM
ROFL! I love seeing that franchise continue to crumble, especially after 09 when all these fairweather Bengals "fans" started popping out of nowhere and running their mouths, only to disappear once again as their team resorted back to its failing ways. You know, those same "fans" who early in 09 weren't going to games so ochocinco had to buy ticket blocks to prevent local blackouts. The same morons that love to question our loyalty. Brings a smile to my face. The longer mike brown lives and runs that franchise the better lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

SteelCityMan786
07-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Well hope everyone had fun watching carson. Enjoy retirement dude.

mos07
07-26-2011, 06:26 PM
God bless the Bengals....makes me feel good about my life.....Takeo Spikes even bit$#d and moaned about them not having towels...........

That whore from the movie Major League treated the Indians better than Brown treats the Bengals..............

StlersGuy
07-26-2011, 08:28 PM
What?????

It was a joke

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro