PDA

View Full Version : Against All Odds

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Where are the Steelers right now? We don't have a rookie coach and we don't have a rookie quarter back and... Other teams are worse off. Our main rivals the POSs from the lake, the river and the bay. Palmer is gone (at least as of 9 mins ago). Cleveland. So it is us against the rTurds again.

P.S. Fans, we get a free ride for another 10 years right?

TampaSteelGirl
07-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I never say that until I see how we are playing half way thru the season...nothing is a given in football...

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I never say that until I see how we are playing half way thru the season...nothing is a given in football...

This year is different. You can feel it already.

TampaSteelGirl
07-26-2011, 01:51 PM
This year is different. You can feel it already.

I have to be honest....I feel SOME pressure with the Browns. They played better last year then they have in years!! Im not saying they are Steelers/Ravens caliber yet BUT one bad game for the Ravens and they could be our trouble child for the AFC spot...you just never know is all im saying....

BlitzburghRockCity
07-26-2011, 02:38 PM
The Steelers are in as good a shape as they can be right now. A veteran team, veteran coach, good coaching staff, established system, and good ownership. The main issue with this team now is Ike Taylor, and getting everyone in camp as quickly as possible.

I like our chances as much as any other year. The Ravens have already released 4 vets including Heap and Mason. Perhaps they'll come back at a cheaper price, but who knows. The Browns will be improved but there will be a learning curve too with a new coach, new system, young QB, and a bunch of young players.

The Bengals will have a rookie QB, that alone will be enough to keep them at bay for 2011.

You can never be completely comfortable in the AFC North, any team can beat any other one on any week. We've seen that countless times in this division.

LatrobePA
07-26-2011, 05:30 PM
We are 14.2/M over cap...Who goes??

Big T
07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Im confident that there will be some contract restructuring to get the cap number down. I think they will come to a contract agreement with Woodley, that will help. Cutting guys like Arnaz Battle (1.363 mil), El (2.3 mil). Possibly restructuring Aaron Smith's contract (6.1 mil) (though it wouldnt suprise me if they cut him. not saying I want it to happen, but it wouldnt suprise me).

LarryNJ
07-26-2011, 05:51 PM

Foote, Adams, Randle El, Smith..

TampaSteelGirl
07-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Foote, Adams, Randle El, Smith..

No way Foote goes...Willie Gay, Speath, Ike.

coldrolled
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM

all the old guys :-) get ike and another CB goto the SB..

uclkyle
07-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Im confident that there will be some contract restructuring to get the cap number down. I think they will come to a contract agreement with Woodley, that will help. Cutting guys like Arnaz Battle (1.363 mil), El (2.3 mil). Possibly restructuring Aaron Smith's contract (6.1 mil) (though it wouldnt suprise me if they cut him. not saying I want it to happen, but it wouldnt suprise me).

I've been saying all along, wouldn't surprise me at all if Aaron Smith goes.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
We talked about that very subject last night on the show for a few minutes. Steeldad noted that Smith was in the Steelers facilities yesterday talking with some of the front office personnel. That's a tell tale sign that they are looking to definitely restructure that deal. He could still be cut, but I would think they are going to want to get 1 more yr. out of him and give Cam Heyward a chance to get his feet wet before really getting thrown to the wolves.