PDA

View Full Version : How much input does BC have in our new Coach

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I was just thinking about this after someone else touched on it briefly in another thread, but I wonder how much if at all, the Rooney's have asked for Cowhers input on candidates as a Head Coach.

They already know about Grimm and Whiz, but obviously Gailey was a Cowher favorite, and Tomlin is a popular choice as well...

DIESELMAN
01-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Good question.....considering how long hes been in Pittsburgh they would value his opinion quite a bit. How much of it goes into their decision? hopefully none of it, my reason being is whoever they choose whether it turns out good or especially if its bad for the Steelers they the Rooneys will have to live with that decision NOT Cowher. He'll be long gone by then doing his own thing whether its with his family or another organization. So the best bet would be to see where they are, where they want to be, if they do want to change philosophies or go with what they got. Its not an easy decision to make but one I'm sure the Rooneys will make with no hesitation and no hindsight.

LatrobePA
01-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Lets hope BC has very little input! We might be playing against him, he knows that, so he might try talking the Rooney's into Duce for HC!!!

TEEMONT
01-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I would think he has very little input, considering his suppossed "rift" with Art Rooney II. They may be asking him what he thinks, but I have a strong feeling, that his opinion may be discarded.

AZ_Steeler
01-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Lets hope BC has very little input! We might be playing against him, he knows that, so he might try talking the Rooney's into Duce for HC!!!

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this thread!

During the press conference didn't Cowher say he would assisting the Steelers with finding a new coach or at least giving his input to help out any way he could... I really want to say that he did :dunno: I guess I'll need to watch the press conference again tonight to find out!

Funny story... My TIVO is setup to record anything with Steelers in the description. The day Cowher made his announcement my TIVO was to record the Steelers Colts 95 AFCCG @ 11 my time, however that was the time of Cowher's press conference so my TIVO, thinking it was the AFCCG, recorded the press conference for me! :D

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2007, 11:24 AM
wow you lucked out huh :lol:

The more I think about this, the more I think they will make the decision on their own based on what they already know and what they find out from their sources. They liked the personna of BC and how he related to the Steelers but they always make their own decision in their own way with everything.

Koopa
01-12-2007, 03:15 PM
they shouldn't value an opinion of a coach that can barely win when it counts, and when he does he bolts........cowher will be a huge failure when he returns to coaching in 08 and everyone will reconsider about him being a hall famer.....

TEEMONT
01-12-2007, 03:18 PM
they shouldn't value an opinion of a coach that can barely win when it counts, and when he does he bolts........cowher will be a huge failure when he returns to coaching in 08 and everyone will reconsider about him being a hall famer.....

Never thought of it that way, I guess I have been wearing the blinders, but this makes sense.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Well I would hope that Bill Cowher would have little input in with the organization. Yes I know he did alot for the Steelers but I want somebody still on the pay roll and with the team to have input in team matters.

Friday133
01-12-2007, 03:32 PM
i hope, as of last friday cowher was no longer on the steelers payroll, he should have zero impact on any coaching decisions.

LatrobePA
01-12-2007, 04:16 PM

Holysh!t, at last someone speaking the truth of the great BC. I like the way you think brother!!:bigthumb: :hail:

K Train
01-12-2007, 04:24 PM
ya gotta think he is freinds with grimm and whiz and would want them to be successful, but i doubt he has any say in the choosing itself at all, not really his place

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2007, 06:15 PM
We'll see what happens when the rest of the league starts courting him in 2008..I would highly imagine he'll get a ton of offers to coach and also to do TV commentary for games too.

Stairwayto7
01-12-2007, 06:44 PM
I honestly think the Rooneys will have Cowher help that much?? I could be wrong. I think that they might be a little upset that he didnt play out his contract?

BBG7
01-12-2007, 07:10 PM
They might ask his opinion, but I don't think he's going to have much weight on the decision making at all.

Stairwayto7
01-12-2007, 08:04 PM
They might ask his opinion, but I don't think he's going to have much weight on the decision making at all.

I agree, they seem to know what their doing!:tt02:

Koopa
01-12-2007, 08:07 PM
they hell they do, they are wasting time interviewing a bum of a college coach

Stairwayto7
01-12-2007, 08:10 PM
they hell they do, they are wasting time interviewing a bum of a college coach

This is soooooo true. there is NO WAY we get a college coach, I would protest!

Ambridge
01-13-2007, 10:38 PM
This is soooooo true. there is NO WAY we get a college coach, I would protest!

Not only would I protest but I would be half tempted to call the Steeler ticket office and tell them to remove my name from the season ticket waiting list if they trot out Chan Gailey or Mike Sherman as the new head coach.

TEEMONT
01-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Not only would I protest but I would be half tempted to call the Steeler ticket office and tell them to remove my name from the season ticket waiting list if they trot out Chan Gailey or Mike Sherman as the new head coach.

I would gladly take your spot, chances are by time my name comes up if Chan or Mike were hired, they would be long gone.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Gailey's track record since he left us has been nothing special and he sucked in Dallas and in Miami. I hope to God the Rooney's see this and realize he just doesnt have what it takes for the NFL. I don't want to start going through coaches left and right !