PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed to Hines Ward: "You're a dirty player"

BlitzburghRockCity
07-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Noticed this coming across the social media airwaves
on the SA timeline on Twitter...
Ed Reed to Hines Ward: "You're a dirty player"

Ravens safety Ed Reed has publicly criticized the tactics of Hines Ward for years. Reed revealed last week that he's even criticized the Pittsburgh wide receiver to his face. "I love Hines as a player and I told him that," Reed said last week at his football camp. “But I told him also for a long time, ‘You’re a dirty player because I know how you play.’”

Reed and Ward have led the charge when it comes to this physical AFC North rivalry. The two pulled each other to the ground on the Steelers' first offensive play in last year's playoffs.

"Ed and I, we have our battles," Ward said after that playoff game in January. "No disrespect to Ed, he probably takes it personal. If Ed takes it personal, so be it."

Ward has built a reputation for delivering crack-back blocks on defenseless players. But the NFL instituted a rule two years ago that made it a 15-yard penalty to deliver a blindside block with a helmet.

Reed said his philosophy to playing the game differs with Ward. “I always play the game a certain way, regardless of what guys say,” Reed said. “I’ve given some shots out there, but even those shots have been to where the guy can get up. I play a position where I know I have kill shots. I can really hurt somebody if I wanted to."

BlitzburghRockCity
07-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Why is it that everyone that complains about a Steeler playing being dirty are ones that have gotten owned by the black 'n gold? HA!!!

steelersbabex25
07-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Steeler fans to Ed Reed: don't be a bitch.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Ed get the sand out of your vagina and just play football....lol

DIESELMAN
07-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Soooo, how can you love him as a player if hes a dirty player? :whatever:

Rampage
07-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe guys should keep their heads up. :dunno:

Raleigh Steel
07-24-2011, 07:44 PM
oh come now ed, just cause hines blocked you straight up, knocked your sorry *** out, then pointed to your sideline to say "come get your boy, cause i just lit his arse up!" doesn't make him a dirty player....it makes you a whiny little be-otch!

uclkyle
07-24-2011, 09:23 PM
I think Ed's mad because of the concussion Hines laid on his a few years back. That was my favorite recent Steelers moment. Hines knocks Ed Reed OUT, turns to the Raven's sideline and calls a trainer for Reed, and then proceeds to get another block. Loved it!

K Train
07-24-2011, 10:10 PM
he kinda is, so who cares? reed needs to not be butt hurt about it though

connecticutsteel
07-24-2011, 11:35 PM
reed is just another big mouthed pussy from the u or miami notice they don't win anymore cause they were cheating

scpc
07-25-2011, 07:39 AM
i was kinda wondering the same thing. I thing he should grow up and get over it

LatrobePA
07-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Ed, eat a **** you pu$$y!

LarryNJ
07-25-2011, 09:03 AM
He's about the only Raven that I like and I'm going to take the other side on this one. I don't take it as him whining. According to his quote he said it multiple to Hines probably during the games. It's not like he was crying to a reporter. I'm sure Hines laughed at him and had some smart *** comment in response to it.

LatrobePA
07-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm sick of all the boo hoo'n opening game should be a classic!

Farrior Fan
07-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Ed is just jealous that our WR can hit harder than their LBs

steelersgal86
07-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Ed is just jealous that our WR can hit harder than their LBs

:haha: love it...so true

andyg1984
07-25-2011, 02:18 PM
hines is a dirty player .. if someone did to lawrence timmons what he did to keith rivers we would all call him dirty .. hines is extremely overrated as a blocker imo

--- Added 7/25/2011 at 01:18 PM ---

with that being said, he is still one of my favorite steelers ever

Big T
07-25-2011, 07:09 PM
hines is a dirty player .. if someone did to lawrence timmons what he did to keith rivers we would all call him dirty .. hines is extremely overrated as a blocker imo

--- Added 7/25/2011 at 01:18 PM ---

with that being said, he is still one of my favorite steelers ever

Speak for yourself lol. If someone did that to Timmons I'd have the same reaction..."Holy ****! What a f*cking hit!!" seriously just because it was a blind side hit doesn't make it dirty. He led with his shoulder and didn't hit him in the head. People think it was dirty because he "wasn't looking" (which is totally Hines' fault {sarcasm}) and because he broke his jaw.

lloydfan4life
07-25-2011, 08:23 PM
He's about the only Raven that I like and I'm going to take the other side on this one. I don't take it as him whining. According to his quote he said it multiple to Hines probably during the games. It's not like he was crying to a reporter. I'm sure Hines laughed at him and then knocked him the **** out.

fixed it for ya. :yellowthumb:

--- Added 7/25/2011 at 07:23 PM ---

all this ratbird whining.... next thing you know they'll be crying because they don't want to play us in Pittsburgh in primetime..... ohh...... wait.... :duh: ...... nevermind.

andyg1984
07-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Speak for yourself lol. If someone did that to Timmons I'd have the same reaction..."Holy ****! What a f*cking hit!!" seriously just because it was a blind side hit doesn't make it dirty. He led with his shoulder and didn't hit him in the head. People think it was dirty because he "wasn't looking" (which is totally Hines' fault {sarcasm}) and because he broke his jaw.

i disagree .. that type of force was not necessary and did not even marginally help us on the play .. if you don't wanna call it dirty, you have to at least call it cheap ..

steelerschick1220
07-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Why are all the Ravens players such whiny little girls? A bunch of cry babies they got over there in Baltimore.

Real Deal Steel
07-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Ed get the sand out of your vagina and just play football....lol

It's good to know that Hines has stayed on Ed's mind all this time. Shows that Hines owns Reed. hahahaha

Ibleedblk&gld
07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
my response to this? check avi

TampaSteelGirl
07-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Obsess much?? :grin1:

LatrobePA
07-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Why are all the Ravens players such whiny little girls? A bunch of cry babies they got over there in Baltimore.

Their coach is a whiny little beeeeeotch!

steeldoc
07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
If you think the Ravens players whine, just try living in the same city with their fans. It's always something, some excuse, bullshit reason why they were robbed. They have an inferiority complex beyond compare. I just avoid them, but remind them of the following....Joe is Ben's bitch, and purple is a very very questionable color.:lol: