PDA

View Full Version : Harrison could avoid NFL penalty for recent comments

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2011, 09:03 PM
According to Jeff Pash, lead negotiator for the league was asked this question during a press conference this evening as they discussed the recent ratification of a new deal tonight. He was asked if players who made comments in the off season would be dealt with by the NFL. He mentioned in a nutshell that as far as he knows comments made in the offseason are not against the rules. He did mention that things said during the season in reference to player violence and safety would be a different story.

So potential, as of now atleast, it looks like James Harrison could be in the clear from a league standpoint. We still don't know if the Steelers will take any action against him.

steelersbabex25
07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Part of me wants him to get punished. If he keeps getting away with it then he'll keep doing it. Result: we have to sit here and talk about it for hours on end everytime he says something stupid.

Farrior Fan
07-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Just do NOT suspend him for the 1st game. We need all hands on deck for the battle vs. the Ravens. I think a good "talking to" will suffice.

LarryNJ
07-21-2011, 10:54 PM
During the lockout he wasn't an NFL or Steeler employee. A talking to will probably be all that happens.

DIESELMAN
07-22-2011, 08:33 AM
If Harrison would just make his point without calling people names, he would probably be heard in a different light and have more support from players.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
07-22-2011, 09:54 AM
During the lockout he wasn't an NFL or Steeler employee. A talking to will probably be all that happens.

This...

Zachintosh66
07-22-2011, 07:36 PM
geez lets hope so...

steeldoc
07-23-2011, 09:13 AM
The guy was unemployed when the comments were made, actually the players union didn't officially exist either...right? OK, he's a bit of a moron, but he's OUR moron.:cope:

86WARD
07-24-2011, 09:09 AM

Agree. A "slap on the wrist."

jpele
07-24-2011, 11:00 AM
We have people dying everyday so you have the right to free speech yet you want to take that same right from James Harrisons ? Very puzzling.

You may not agree or even like what he says but it is his right to speak his mind.

steelersbabex25
07-24-2011, 11:09 AM
We have people dying everyday so you have the right to free speech yet you want to take that same right from James Harrisons ? Very puzzling.

You may not agree or even like what he says but it is his right to speak his mind.

Do I really have to write another page long response to this?

Real Deal Steel
07-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't think Harrison should get punished at all for what he said. There was no collective bargaining agreement in place. Plus Goodall needs someone to say something because he's an out of control.