PDA

View Full Version : Member spotlight: Steeldad

steelersgal86
07-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:

SteelDad

How long have you been a Steeler fan? Since I was 2. (1974)

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? As a toddler, I stopped anything I'd be doing to watch the Steelers on TV. My mom thinks it was the colors.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Hines Ward

Why are they your favorite player? He plays football the way it should be played. Tough, physical and with passion.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? Terry Bradshaw

What is your favorite Steelers memory? So many... I would have to say Bradshaw's bomb to Stallworth to seal SB XIV.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Does college football count? No? Then I'll go with NHL Playoff hockey.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I honestly don't remember.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? SA is honest, funny and full of good people with a true love for the Steelers.

What do you do for a living? I'm an educator although with the rap we are getting lately I chose to go with 'Freelance motivational speaker.'

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? My father used to own a cattle ranch in Texas and I used to spend weeks there each year living the cowboy life.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? Probably writing, being funny and sarcastic and my amazing ability to pull out movie lines that have something to do with a situation on a 'gameday thread.'

What kind of car or truck do you drive? 2000 Dodge Durango

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I'd drop a few lbs.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? Love spending time with the family. We are zoo freaks. Pittsburgh Zoo has been our favorite! Love playing NCAA football on Xbox, enjoy golfing, fishing and just being outdoors.

Favorite TV show(s)? In no particular order.... Seinfeld, Cheers, Night Court, Family Guy, original Melrose Place (guilty pleasure)

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? Xbox360/NCAA 2011

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? I would definitely say the latter.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Jersey depends on home or away. All steeler lights are on in the 'Ben Den.' Terrible Towel never leaves my possession during game.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? A cold beverage and pizza

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? 4 I believe.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? Just something about 3 Rivers...

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? I.R. It's what started it all.

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? This year of course!

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? Better offensive balance, tougher defense on third down, and corners who can cover!

steelersgal86
07-18-2011, 09:55 AM
great interview :clap: thanks for taking the time cowboy :hehheh:

question...how is the aquarium at the pittsburgh zoo

LarryNJ
07-18-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm an educator although with the rap we are getting lately I chose to go with 'Freelance motivational speaker.'

What bad rap are you getting?

DIESELMAN
07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Good interview bro!! The Ben Den? WTF?!?! lol

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
07-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Melrose Place?!! Really Marc??? :lol:

ok I used to love that show... :cya:

SteelDad
07-18-2011, 04:23 PM
great interview :clap: thanks for taking the time cowboy :hehheh:

question...how is the aquarium at the pittsburgh zoo

Aquarium was awesome, specifically the shark tunnel. Wife and kids easily found Pittsburgh Z&A to be the best and believe me, we've been to a lot of zoos.

What bad rap are you getting?

I'm not a huge union guy but as a political scientist/historian I understand their history and need. In my neck of the woods, we are the reason for everything from the poor economy, to high gas prices and terrorism.

Good interview bro!! The Ben Den? WTF?!?! lol

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

That was the first name, but it has been permanently re-named 'Fortress of Steelertude' since we moved into a new house.

Melrose Place?!! Really Marc??? :lol:

ok I used to love that show... :cya:

OK, ya get your laughs (and glad you admitted it)... In college roomies and I were addicted. I think we actually had fights over storylines and who was more cunning and ruthless. Besides, HEATHER LOCKLEAR!! Although I was in love with Sydney.

connecticutsteel
07-20-2011, 11:11 AM
oooooooooooooyeah! love me some sydney great piece thank you for your service each month with Blitzburgh radio guess this line from a famous movie ah this is car 55 were in a truck!

SteelDad
07-21-2011, 10:42 AM
oooooooooooooyeah! love me some sydney great piece thank you for your service each month with Blitzburgh radio guess this line from a famous movie ah this is car 55 were in a truck!

Much thanks! I love doing it so glad you enjoy the podcasts.

I knew the line was from Blues Brothers but I honestly had to go back and check who was saying it. Been a LOOOOOOOOOONNNG time since I saw that!

steelersgal86
09-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:

How long have you been a Steeler fan?

was born in western pa, so i've been a steelers fan from birth!

What made you become a fan of the Steelers?

see first answer

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster?

if i have to name one player it would be big ben!

Why are they your favorite player?

i gotta say, i was excited from day one when we drafted him, and the steelers wouldn't be where they are today (3 super bowls, and 2 lombardi's) without him. yeah, he's had his share of bad press, but cutting through all the media crap, he's still my guy!

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past?

depends on which era. recent past---jerome bettis. glory days past--jack lambert. not-so-glory days past, i.e. the 80's--merrill hoge.

What is your favorite Steelers memory?

wow, too hard to pick just one, but the first that comes to mind is ben to holmes td in super bowl 43.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football?

hockey!

How did you find Steeler Addicts?

been a member of some other sites, and am still a member/moderator at a small site (steelersal.com)...was just looking for a new place to read and chat and googled steeler message boards. checked out a few before i got here, but really liked the look and the conversations that were going on.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences?

1} i like how there are virtually no arguing or flaming of fellow steeler fans. some sites i left was because you couldn't disagree with someone or make a negative comment about the team/coaches/owners without your fan-hood being called into question.
2}very knowledgeable members who really discuss the game.

What do you do for a living?

personal trainer

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you?

i'm an awesome cook...especially italian food!

What is one thing that everybody knows you for?

that i'm a fun loving guy. i like to tease people, all in good fun though. i can also take it, and love it when people throw it back at me.

What kind of car or truck do you drive?

ford edge

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

i'd love to be taller. i'm 5-10...would love to be at least 6-2. i would also love to be able to speak a foreign language fluently.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA?

lifting weights, playing golf, flag football, deck hockey, xbox, and i love yard work.

Favorite TV show(s)?

modern family, south park, archer (if you haven't watched this show you should), how i met your mother, and big bang theory.

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)?

xbox 360. any flying war game (hawx, ace of liberation), nhl, tiger woods

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on?

well, my wife is a browns fan so she usually doesn't watch with me. my dogs usually run and hide because they don't like when i screem at the tv.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do?

it all depends on what happens week 1. i put a certain outfit on, and watch it either at my house, a buddy's house, or at a sports bar. if they win week 1 i do the same thing, if they lose i change it up. as long as they win, i do the same thing every week. wear the same thing without washing it (my clothes get disgusting during long winning streaks). if they lose, i might wear something different or wash the loss out of my clothes. if they lose again while i'm wearing something, i don't wear it the rest of the season, not even during the week.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage?

again, whatever i eat during the game must be eaten again if the steelers win. a loss and i change it up.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime?

at least 11 games. steelers are 8-3 while i'm in attendance.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field?

there were so many wonderful things that happened at three rivers, but i really do like heinz better.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"?

since the immaculate reception is the greatest touchdown in NFL history, i'll go with that one, even though it happened 3 months before i was born.

When do you think the Steelers will win #7?

it will happen within the next 3 seasons.

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? a better secondary, more scoring from our offense, a healthy troy polamalu.

steelersgal86
09-12-2011, 08:17 AM
great interview :clap: thank you for taking the time...your rituals sounds alot like my families...since we lost yesterday I will be wearing something different next week :gs: