PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Cardinals ticket advice

mwittman5
07-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Hey everybody, I'm planning on going to the October 23rd game against the cardinals in Arizona and was wondering if anybody has ever been to their stadium before? Trying to figure out what the average ticket price goes for and such.

Rampage
07-17-2011, 05:18 PM
I've been there a few times. Last time I went it was a $60 ticket for midfield (section 415, row 3), but pretty far back. That was actually against the Steelers, and they lost. The stadium is nice, but I always leave with a headache from the music they pipe in. Nothing several $8 beers can't solve, though.

mwittman5
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
I've been there a few times. Last time I went it was a $60 ticket for midfield (section 415, row 3), but pretty far back. That was actually against the Steelers, and they lost. The stadium is nice, but I always leave with a headache from the music they pipe in. Nothing several $8 beers can't solve, though.

nice thanks for that. I don't wanna spend too much on tickets because I'm buying five tickets but 60 bucks sounds good.

Rampage
07-17-2011, 06:16 PM
nice thanks for that. I don't wanna spend too much on tickets because I'm buying five tickets but 60 bucks sounds good.

It really isn't that bad, just eat/drink prior to getting into the stadium; it's more expensive than Disneyworld in there.

mwittman5
07-17-2011, 06:31 PM
It really isn't that bad, just eat/drink prior to getting into the stadium; it's more expensive than Disneyworld in there.

Yeah Thats what I usually do. Prices are expensive nowadays, they want over 4 bucks for a dang soda.

Rampage
07-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah Thats what I usually do. Prices are expensive nowadays, they want over 4 bucks for a dang soda.

I think it was $8 for a beer whenever I went last time. That sucked.

Scorp
07-17-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm going to do what i can to get out there. It is the same week as my bday.

mwittman5
07-17-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm going to do what i can to get out there. It is the same week as my bday.

really? awesome, its exactly a week before my bday. (october 30th)

Scorp
07-19-2011, 01:54 PM
really? awesome, its exactly a week before my bday. (october 30th)

Mine is the 28th.

mwittman5
07-20-2011, 01:45 AM
on stubhub the cheapest tickets are 100 bucks right now. I'm assuming that will go down once tickets actually go on sale. The cardinals single game prices from last season were 50 bucks and up.

Scorp
07-20-2011, 07:42 PM
END THE LOCKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwittman5
07-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Just to let you guys know I would buy from ticketmaster and not stubhub. I was talking to a cardinals fan and he said hes known of people who buy off stubhub and then don't get into the stadium bcz the ticket had already been used by the person selling them. Ticketmaster you are guaranteed to get in. Sure it may be a little more per ticket but if your traveling like I am it would suck to pay to make the trip and then not get to see the game.

Scorp
07-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Just to let you guys know I would buy from ticketmaster and not stubhub. I was talking to a cardinals fan and he said hes known of people who buy off stubhub and then don't get into the stadium bcz the ticket had already been used by the person selling them. Ticketmaster you are guaranteed to get in. Sure it may be a little more per ticket but if your traveling like I am it would suck to pay to make the trip and then not get to see the game.

I bought Penguins tickets from stubhub back in 2008 and printed them right there and then. Got in to the game and had a blast. I guess, maybe it's a buyer beware type thing.

mwittman5
07-22-2011, 02:19 AM
I bought Penguins tickets from stubhub back in 2008 and printed them right there and then. Got in to the game and had a blast. I guess, maybe it's a buyer beware type thing.

ya that's exactly the words that guy used, its a buyers beware. I'll probably just go the safe route since I'm traveling and it'd suck to be stuck with hotel and travel expenses for nothing.

Scorp
07-22-2011, 01:53 PM
ya that's exactly the words that guy used, its a buyers beware. I'll probably just go the safe route since I'm traveling and it'd suck to be stuck with hotel and travel expenses for nothing.

So very true. :yellowthumb:

mwittman5
08-02-2011, 12:56 PM
bad news guys, the Cards aren't selling single game tickets for the Steelers-cardinals game, you have to purchase a 3 game plan for tickets to that game. Looks like we have to buy from stubhub where they are jacking the prices up.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
See, that's the stuff that just irritates me no end!! These teams will gouge the fans any way they can. Going out to a game is supposed to be fun and a family event; you can't even afford to take your family most of the time.

LarryNJ
08-02-2011, 04:29 PM
That's a common practice, 2 years ago I went to Arrowhead to see the Steelers. If you wanted to buy Steelers tickets you had to buy another game like the Browns or some team nobody wanted to see. Basically you had to pay double to see the Steelers. Luckily I my brother in law was able to get free tickets and it only ended up costing me a plane fare! :)

mwittman5
08-02-2011, 04:35 PM
See, that's the stuff that just irritates me no end!! These teams will gouge the fans any way they can. Going out to a game is supposed to be fun and a family event; you can't even afford to take your family most of the time.

yup its bs. A family event isn't supposed to cost you an arm and a leg :willybs: