PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cromartie

andyg1984
07-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I think we would all agree that NA is an unrealistic acquisition at this point .. that being said, Antonio Cromartie is the funnest thing to dream about lately imo .. i think he would rule in our system with a better pass rush and the dude is only 27 years old ... thoughts ?

connecticutsteel
07-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Cromartie is a handful off the field he's got a big mouth but i think the steelers feel like they have the secondary solidified with it's time to see what butler, lewis,brown and allen can do .the other factor is he won't be any cheaper than Ike

BlitzburghRockCity
07-17-2011, 11:13 AM
With the way he acted last year in the media I don't think there's any chance he comes to Pittsburgh. Not only that but he's really not that good of a cornerback. He takes a lot of chances, gets burned, and his technique is not sound. The consensus when the Jets signed him was that he was a risk, and all or nothing type of player; attitude issues and not consistently good enough to be on the level of the elite CB's in the NFL.

Our entire secondary hinges on getting Ike Taylor back this year, he is the key cog in a unit that will for sure have different faces than last year in the regular rotation.

Rampage
07-17-2011, 02:43 PM
He seems like a doucher who really likes to run his mouth to the media. So he'd be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh, it seems. Still, I'd rather see Jonathan Joseph on the roster than Cromartie, especially if Taylor thinks he is God's gift to playing CB and demands that kind of payday, because he isn't worthy in my eyes.

andyg1984
07-17-2011, 03:02 PM
With the way he acted last year in the media I don't think there's any chance he comes to Pittsburgh. Not only that but he's really not that good of a cornerback. He takes a lot of chances, gets burned, and his technique is not sound. The consensus when the Jets signed him was that he was a risk, and all or nothing type of player; attitude issues and not consistently good enough to be on the level of the elite CB's in the NFL.

Our entire secondary hinges on getting Ike Taylor back this year, he is the key cog in a unit that will for sure have different faces than last year in the regular rotation.

he is a good CB who needs a pass rush to survive.. im not saying he is elite, but i doubt you could put together a big list of guys that are better than he is

--- Added 7/17/2011 at 01:02 PM ---

Cromartie is a handful off the field he's got a big mouth but i think the steelers feel like they have the secondary solidified with it's time to see what butler, lewis,brown and allen can do .the other factor is he won't be any cheaper than Ike

i agree with pretty much everything you said .. this is more of a i wish they would do it thing .. i am not really expecting anything from lewis and i dont really think the organization is either ..

mwittman5
07-17-2011, 04:36 PM
IMO Cromartie is the best option if were gonna sign a CB not named Ike based on talent and price. He can catch and has some talent. Ya his character is questionable but the steeler image has already taken a hit with ben's allegations, harrison's comments and ward's possible DUI. Might as well sign based off talent not character.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Cromartie is not the worst in the league by far, he is one of the better ones available I agree with that. Given the recent image hit the team has taken in the last 3 years I don't think they will go after anyone else that likes to stir the pot with pointless talk.

uclkyle
07-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Although he's only 27, I think he's way overrated, not a very good tackler, suspect in one on one situations, and a loudmouth. Ike will be in the same ballpark pricewise....might as well go after Ike.

Raleigh Steel
07-17-2011, 08:15 PM
He seems like a doucher who really likes to run his mouth to the media. So he'd be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh, it seems. Still, I'd rather see Jonathan Joseph on the roster than Cromartie, especially if Taylor thinks he is God's gift to playing CB and demands that kind of payday, because he isn't worthy in my eyes.

i'm with ya on jonathan joseph. but i'd like to see both ike and jj...i can dream can't i?

LatrobePA
07-17-2011, 11:45 PM
And our very own 92 is a saint! lol But he can make plays!

Mouth or not he's a hell of a lot better than what we have over there now, I'd take him!

Real Deal Steel
07-18-2011, 02:59 AM
I don't like Cromartie. Anybody who can't remember all his kids birthdays, I have a probelm with. :smile:

Rampage
07-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't like Cromartie. Anybody who can't remember all his kids birthdays, I have a probelm with. :smile:

The dude is the sexually active equivalent of Johnny Appleseed, that's for sure.

K Train
07-18-2011, 12:57 PM
The dude is the sexually active equivalent of Johnny Appleseed, that's for sure.

with any luck we'll see a potion of them become defensive backs, the cromarties have good genes lol.

he needs to find a rolle sister or cousin and make the ultimate DB prodigy

DBR96A
07-18-2011, 01:06 PM
with any luck we'll see a potion of them become defensive backs, the cromarties have good genes lol.

Dontavious Cromartie-Rolle. :eek1:

Rampage
07-18-2011, 02:10 PM

They should work some forced breeding into the CBA. :thinking: