PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward releases statement about DUI charge

BlitzburghRockCity
07-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward made his first public comment regarding his DUI arrest in Georgia last weekend via his Facebook page this afternoon by saying that he is leaving the incident in the hands of his attorney.

"Fans I appreciate all the love and support," Ward posted. "Thank you! It means a lot to me. I have a great respect for the legal system and am leaving things in the hands of my attorney. I can't wait for football. I've been working out hard. I want to get back to the big show again this year. We have some unfinished business to take care of. So we will be ready to go when we are given the Green light. Here we go!"

Ward was pulled over in DeKalb County, Ga., on Saturday morning after police witnessed Ward`s Aston Martin hit a curb.

Ward failed a field sobriety test, and refused to take a breathalyzer test. He told officers he had been at a downtown club, and had had two drinks.
According to the police report, Ward`s blood-alcohol level was well over the legal limit of 0.08 at 0.128.

Ward`s agent and manager Andrew Ree released a statement that said that his client "was not impaired by alcohol while driving."

From the Trib (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_746913.html)

BlitzburghRockCity
07-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Hines is taking the high road here with this one, and with good reason. There's no point in trying to justify what he did or explain it any further. Let the attorney's deal with it and eventually this will fade away and become a non issue.

I did expect him to speak alittle bit more to the whole drinking and driving cause, but perhaps that will come later.

LarryNJ
07-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I think that this was a great response. :yellowthumb:Thanks everyone for the support, quick mention of the issue and move onto football. Unlike Harrison's response this sounds like it came from Hines.

Rampage
07-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Wonder if he'll get a Dom Perignon endorsement?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-17-2011, 11:05 AM
The fan support for Hines is unwavering as you can see on his facebook. The SteelerNation is firmly behind him so I expect this to be a non issue heading into training camp and the season.