PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Addicts Training Camp Rally 2011

BlitzburghRockCity
07-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Even though the dates of training camp are officially somewhat in doubt still as I write this, there will still be some type of camp at some point before the season starts. (If there isn't then the whole season is already in doubt). Anyways though, who's making plans to go up to Latrobe, and when?

Do we want to try and get together for the night practice at the high school again if they have it?

75Steeler
07-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I'd like to try and meet up with you guys there Matt! I just wish we had more concrete dates but a speed run to the Burgh is never out of the question. :cope:

PsychoWard
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I usually try to go every year, have't really talked much about it but if we do go that night practice was really cool especially for autographs!

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-07-2011, 10:45 PM
If we can settle on a date I can see about getting us a place to stay, yins know where I'm talking about and we could probably do a weekend or a bit longer stay...

steelersgal86
07-08-2011, 12:31 PM
yeah i would like to go to the night one for sure...if we go it probably has to be only a night or 2 at the most..we have alot going on with our brothers wedding at stuff...but would love to at least do a night

NOVA STEELERS
07-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I have vacation in for camp if it happens and its for the first week in Aug when night practice usually is scheduled :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm all for the night practice, I think that's a great time to go. It's not blazing hot outside since the practice is in the evening, and you can get player autographs much better than at St. Vincent. As soon as they release the training camp schedule we can start to plan for it. I would probably be able to stay 1 night as well but that's about it depending on what day we actually go up.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Keep this in mind everyone. With the lockout hopefully over in the next couple weeks, training camp will be starting shortly after.

SteelCurtainYinzer
07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Now that the lockout is over, training camp will open this week. I am ready to make the trek to Latrobe. Hopefully we will get a chance to see the team practice considering the time constraints they will be under this year.
That being said, who is planning on going up?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Training camp schedule is released, posted up in the Steelers section.

Latrobe evening practice at the high school is Friday, August 5.

TampaSteelGirl
07-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I won't be able to make it this year..I have to take a trip up to PA to see my best friends new baby in October or i would love to!

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-29-2011, 11:19 PM
We, Gwyn, Gia and me, will be attending the Friday night session practice, we will be staying at my sisters place in 7 Springs , if any one wants to stay they are welcome. It's a little bit of a drive from Latrobe but ya can't beat the price lol... there is a grill ,hottub, and lots of space to sleep so keep it in mind...

steelchamp204
08-01-2011, 01:18 PM
How much is it to watch them practice or is it free, I have never been thre before and want to go, is thewre a schedule, thank You

BlitzburghRockCity
08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Training camp is always free to the public.

2011 Training Camp Schedule
Date|Time|Notes
Thursday, July 28||Rookies and Veterans Report by 3 pm.
Friday, July 29|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Saturday, July 30|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Sunday, July 31|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Monday, August 1| |Players day off, closed.
Tuesday, August 2|2:55 pm.| Open to public
Wednesday, August 3|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Thursday, August 4|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Friday, August 5|7:00 pm|Practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium, open to public
Saturday, August 6|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Sunday, August 7| |Players day off, closed.
Monday, August 8|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Tuesday, August 9|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Wednesday, August 10|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Thursday, August 11| |Travel to Washington, campus closed
Friday, August 12| |Steelers at Washington, 7:30 pm. KDKA
Saturday, August 13| |Players day off, closed.
Sunday, August 14|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Monday, August 15|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Tuesday, August 16|2:55 pm.|Open to public
Wednesday, August 17| |Steelers vs. Philadelphia, 8 pm. EST, FOX
Friday, August 27| |Steelers vs. Atlanta, 7:30 pm. EST, KDKA
Saturday, September 1| |Steelers at Carolina, 8:00 pm. EST, KDKA

steelchamp204
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
thanks man, Idk if I will take anything to gewt signed, maybe I will just in case but the place is prob nuts

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Waiting in line for the autographs can be alittle nerve wracking, LOL. You basically have to make sure you get a good spot up against the fence or feel comfortable in pushing your way forward to get your stuff out for them to sign.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Don't forget everyone, if you have pics from training camp this year please let us know. We like putting as many as we can up on the site for everyone to enjoy. You can post them up yourself in the Photoplog (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/photoplog) or just send them to me and I can post them up.