PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to interview former coordinator Gailey for coaching vacancy

Koopa
01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
****ing rooney's i'm starting to hate them lol, stop ****ing wasting time, you already know he ain't gonna get the job no point in ****ing interviewing worthless *** candidates

and this old **** better not get hired or i'll pray we lose ever game so he can get fired

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers will reach back to one of their former offensive coordinators and interview Georgia Tech Coach Chan Gailey about becoming their next head coach, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Gailey, 55, will meet this weekend with team chairman Dan Rooney, president Art Rooney II and director of football operations Kevin Colbert about replacing Bill Cowher, who resigned last week after 15 seasons. Gailey will be the fifth and, apparently, final candidate to interview for the position.

The Steelers will begin paring their list of candidates next week and conduct second interviews with those who make the final cut. They have already interviewed four candidates: offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, offensive line coach Russ Grimm, Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin and Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera.

The Steelers have no immediate timetable to name a succesor to Cowher.

Gailey was the Steelers' offensive coordinator for two seasons, beginning in 1996, before leaving to become head coach of the Dallas Cowboys in 1998. He was with the Cowboys for two seasons before becoming head coach at Georgia Tech in 2002, where he compiled a record of 37-27.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07011/753130-66.stm

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh hell no !!!!!!!!!!!!! Gailey stunk up the joint in Dallas. He's had some success in college but no way I don't want him back as our HC !

K Train
01-11-2007, 05:10 PM
time to change your sig again

"JUST ****ING HIRE SOMEONE THAT I LIKE GODDAMNIT AND GET IT OVER WITH, BUT HE BETTER NOT THINK LIKE COWHER, BE OLD, BE FAT, OR HAVE ANYTHING I DISAPPROVE OF....HURRY THE HELL UP ROONYS!"

Koopa
01-11-2007, 05:11 PM
i'm really starting to second guess the rooney's they are pretty overrated cause they got lucky with 2 coaches, now they are dragging this **** out for now reason at all, whiz and grimm are gonna end up taking jobs else where cause this old **** and his stupid *** son are being ****tards about this ****

Steelerlyn
01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Koop, I know you made all this up, there is no way in hell.........PLEASE GOD!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
No doubt if they keep screwing around we could lose out on the chance for either of them. I guess either they have inside info that we don't about grimm and whiz's real chances elsewhere or else they just dont care and they will take their time regardless.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-11-2007, 05:13 PM
:wtf: Me and Koopa agree. Yeah hell just froze over. :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 05:14 PM
No not Chan Gailey even though I think Kordell's career would have been better if Gailey remained Kordell's OC. But he sucked as an NFL coach and is doing just fine with Georgia Tech. No on Chan no on Chan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelerlyn
01-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I did hear that Kirk guy from Iowa is staying in Iowa...but who knows rumors, rumors, rumors!

House of Steel
01-11-2007, 05:16 PM
CHAN ****ING GAILEY!!!! OH HELL NO!!!! OH DON'T GO THERE, ROONEY. DAMN.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
God sakes already just hire someone, the longer you wait the more teams are going to look to them even more. I know we need to find the right guy, but damn hurry up already !

Chan Gailey, why would they even consider him !

AZ_Steeler
01-11-2007, 05:26 PM
It was probably more of a friendly gesture more than anything... I know he looks white but could he be half of something else so it falls under the "minority" interview? :dunno:

House of Steel
01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Half what, STUPIDITY???? I can believe that one.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Next thing you know we'll be hearing that Ray Sherman is coming back for an interview because he was a former OC for us... :nonod:

House of Steel
01-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I think the Rooney just hit the funny farm since Cowher retired.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Next thing you know we'll be hearing that Ray Sherman is coming back for an interview because he was a former OC for us... :nonod:

Oh God that dude sucked as our OC. Bringing back the painful memory of 1998 season Matt thanks.lol I don't know who was worse Sherman or Keven Gilbride?

Blitzburgh55
01-11-2007, 05:44 PM
CHAN ****ING GAILEY!!!! OH HELL NO!!!! OH DON'T GO THERE, ROONEY. DAMN.

Dont worry there is no way it will happen

Koopa
01-11-2007, 05:48 PM
we've interviewed rivera and tomlin, that's in of colored folks being interviewed, just give the damn job to someone

House of Steel
01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I agree, Koopa, let's get this damn thing over with. They should of announced the Head Coach this evening or tomorrow for that matter.

Stairwayto7
01-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree, a big HELL NO

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Cardinals | Whisenhunt to have second interview
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:23:03 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt will have a second interview with the Arizona Cardinals regarding their vacant head coaching position.

House of Steel
01-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Steelers need to hurry up and hire this guy damnit.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I just heard on Sports Beat that the Cards are going to interview Whiz for the second time.

DIESELMAN
01-11-2007, 07:04 PM
NO! NO! NO! **** why not bring in Mularkey as well, thats gotta sting Whiz and Grimm a bit.....:banging: :banging: :banging:

DIESELMAN
01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Anyone got the Rooneys e-mail address? lol

Koopa
01-11-2007, 07:12 PM
i heard the cards are having second interview with a few coaches......so it's not telling me to much....i'm sure we'll lose him and hire grimm

Troyisabeast_43
01-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Dulac was just on there as well saying that they really really like Tomlin as well and that they really feel that he is ready to become a head coach and like what he brings to the table. My only question is why now Chan Gailey sooo late into the process?? Makes you wonder if they wanna hire a offensive or defensive guy here. I did come on here a few days ago and said dont be shocked if Tomlin gets the job as a dark horse. I still will stick to that story. Dulac also said Cowher had an input on telling the Rooney's to bring in Chan Gailey because he always liked working with him and thought he was a good coach. Wiz at this point my figure he cant afford to sit back and wait around for the Steelers to make a decision and just might take the Zona job here as soon as its puts out there for him. He just might not want to chance the fact that the Steelers might not hire him. This is going to be a very interesting finish for this and its gonna come right down to the wire sometime next week it looks like to when we find out indeed who the next coach will be.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Perhaps it's just a last minute ditch effort to cover all the bases and make sure they aren't missing anything. It does seem odd, but the Rooney's are as thorough and precise as they come. They do everything in their own time, no matter what anybody thinks.

Still though, I hate this waiting...

Koopa
01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
no, the rooney's are jackasses.....i have lost complete faith in the old man, you are interviewing for no damn reason at all, a 55 year that is a college head coach will not get the attention of your players....this is covering jack **** and just pissing me off

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Anyone got the Rooneys e-mail address? lol

No but I got a couple ideas about how to go about locating them. :stirpot:

Friday133
01-11-2007, 10:53 PM
i trust the rooney's know what they are doing. it is after all their team.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Aww right here's a fresh thought... maybe they ARE just interviewing Gailey to kill time... Riveria has a game this week and can't be hired until his current team is done... never know.

Koopa
01-11-2007, 11:41 PM
but then what happens when the bears win, they just gonna start interviewing other jackass coaches that wouldn't even make good position coaches?? lol

Steelersfan
01-11-2007, 11:43 PM
They might if they want Riveria.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Are they allowed to announce a decision while he's still in playoffs?? but not technically hire?? Gailey is probably being interviewed just as courtesy...

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I heard Old billy boy put in a good word for his friend. Interview being done as a couresty to Bill?

Koopa
01-12-2007, 12:05 AM
**** cowher, he quite on us, he shouldn't have any input on this ****, why the **** would he recommend a ****** *** college coach?? cowher is a ****tard

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I wonder how many times Koopa has said **** Cowher since this site started?lol

SteelersWoman
01-12-2007, 12:20 AM
but then what happens when the bears win..

I hope to God the Bears don't win Koopa! (Do you think they're gonna? PLEASE say no:thud: )

I think they've played about the softest schedule there is to be had, (and to use a cliche) are probably the most over-rated team in the NFL--and if they win this weekend, it'll take all the faith and knowledge I have of football and trample it! :lol:

Now on to the Rooneys and this hiring thing. I've never voiced a real solid opinion (other than a half hearted joking one) on who I want, cuz I'm like the person who doesn't vote--that way I can't be held responsible when the president does something stupid :greengrin:

But anyway--my HOPE is truly, that Whiz gets the job. I agree with whoever it was that said "we're ok on defense" now we need someone who can elevate the offensive play for awhile. I think you can have good old smash mouth football and STILL be great on the offensive end of things, and I think that's the best team to have. Besides--as I had said before, Wiz reminds me of Bill in looks. It will feel more like "home" to me, and like not a whole lot has changed if Whiz is on the sidelines.

Now--if they DO hire Whiz, and it all goes horribly bad, I'll deny ever having said any of that :hilarious: (and I don't wanna hear anything about how "it's down in black and white" OR blue and white"! :p lol )

In all honesty though, I think that with any new coach you're takin' a risk. No one can know for sure how someone's gonna turn out for their own particular team until they're IN the position.

I don't mind waiting a while longer as long as they make the RIGHT decision, as it's a lonnng way off training camp. I just don't wanna lose one that we might've really ended up needing while they played around... :doh1:

Koopa
01-12-2007, 12:23 AM
they're playing a banged up **** *** seahawks team, they'll win with ease........

Koopa
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I wonder how many times Koopa has said **** Cowher since this site started?lol

well i have what 2,000 post?? so maybe about 1,000 times lol

nvm, the stupid censor makes it hard to search lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2007, 12:26 AM
well i have what 2,000 post?? so maybe about 1,000 times lol

nvm, the stupid censor makes it hard to search lol

Koop you're crazy dude.:tt02:

DIESELMAN
01-12-2007, 12:38 AM
**** cowher, he quite on us, he shouldn't have any input on this ****, why the **** would he recommend a ****** *** college coach?? cowher is a ****tard

Damn bro tell us how you really feel...LMFAO.....Cowher is gone and no matter what hes done for the Steelers he IMO shouldn't have any say in who comes in next. After all he won't be here to go through either the ups and downs if one of his "recommendations" gets the job.

SteelersWoman
01-12-2007, 01:03 AM
they're playing a banged up **** *** seahawks team, they'll win with ease........

If they do, then hopefully they'll lose next time! :cabbagepatch:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2007, 09:00 AM
I actually wonder how much input Cowher is having on the search for a candidate :scratch:

hhmm, lets explore that in a new thread :greengrin:

TEEMONT
01-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Dear God anyone but Chan Gailey, hell I would take Ron Earhardt over Gailey.