PDA

View Full Version : Most important game of the 2010 Steelers season

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Last year was full of big games, big plays, moments that made us gasp in horror and cheer like there was no tomorrow. It was a season in which the Steelers showed a lot of character, overcame tremendous odds, and nearly got #7. Ben's triumphant return, the games where players like Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, or Troy Polamalu were injured. Titanic AFC North matchups, and close games that maybe shouldn't have been so close. Last second heroics and blow out wins, 2010 had just about everything and then some.

What game in your mind stands out as one that you think was a key game in 2010? Or one that was memorable for any particular reason?

andyg1984
07-05-2011, 05:49 PM
late season vs the ratbirds was pretty pivotal at the time .. pretty classic steeler stuff with troy owning flacco and ben fighting suggs off

Rampage
07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Honestly, I think the Patriots game was very important. It sucked as a fan, but it was a kick in the *** and the team seemed to play tougher after that, particularly Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders.

connecticutsteel
07-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I think eventhough it was a lucky win the buffalo game was the season shaper if we lose that game we don't make the playoffs again

greg1964
07-06-2011, 08:22 AM
The season opener, even though it was the first game, it was a important game: first game without Ben against a good team with an unproven QB. It set a mind-set that helped them get of to a fast start WITHOUT BEN

Bucsfan4ever
07-06-2011, 08:24 AM
What????...it wasn't beating the Bucs 31-6 without Ben????? :lol::lol:

Memorable only because I was there!!:greengrin:

ejsteeler
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
the one we lost.....:evilshake:

Scorp
07-06-2011, 05:16 PM
does the super bowl count mate?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I think eventhough it was a lucky win the buffalo game was the season shaper if we lose that game we don't make the playoffs again

It was pure luck that we won that game, if they make that catch in the endzone in overtime it's all over. The football gods were smiling down on the black n gold that day. I still remember my heart stopping when I saw how wide open Stevie Johnson was in the endzone.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2011, 03:09 PM
The season opener, even though it was the first game, it was a important game: first game without Ben against a good team with an unproven QB. It set a mind-set that helped them get of to a fast start WITHOUT BEN

The season opener was a big game, it set the tone for the next 3 weeks. It answered a lot of questions about how well this team would do without Roethlisberger. Going 3-1 in that stretch was vital to the season ahead. Tomlin instilled in them a mindset that Ben would not be there, there's no way around it, and they bought into it hook, line, and sinker. They rallied knowing that they had the talent to win without their starting signal caller. You could probably pick any of those 3 wins in the first month of the season and call them big.