PDA

View Full Version : Will Bill Cowher coach in the NFL again?

connecticutsteel
07-04-2011, 02:19 AM
We have all heard the rumblings about Coach Cowher but the question still remains if he coaches where will it be he was the logical choice in Carolina but they couldn't work things out. In my opinion Coach Cowher will end up with (drumroll...........) The Cleveland Browns he has coached there before. I don't think Mike Holmgren is going to last if they don't win soon and this will pave the way for Cowher to take the reigns as a Steelers fan this pains me but i think it will be a reality. He should be at the top of the available to rebuild a franchise list.He has a better record than the ledgendary Chuck Noll for the regular season

DIESELMAN
07-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Shurmur is the HC in Cleveland. Holmgren as president of ops has a really long leash to get it done in Cleveland. No matter where Cowherd does go, I wish him good luck. If he lands in Cleveland, he better find a way to win 2 games elsewhere, he won't find them against the Steelers.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

MattyVfromCT
07-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Anything is possible but I don't think he's going to coach again. For years we've been hearing rumors about him going to cleveland, dallas, Carolina, buffalo or the giants. Every one of those teams had fired their head coaches over the past few season other than the giants and even they had interviewed Cowher despite coughlin being under contract. Or so the ny media said anyways. If he was going to it would be Carolina since its close to home and after his wife's passing I think now more than ever he's going to want to be there for his kids. Also, I've heard guys he works with like boomer esiason say that off the air Cowher has said he loves what he's doing at cbs and he doesn't have to log in the hours he did as a head coach. Imo he's not coming back

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Rampage
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
For him to coach, I think it is going to have to be with a team that has some potential and that is willing to give him as much control as he wants. I was surprised when he didn't go to Carolina, but again, they are in pretty bad shape and perhaps he wants to be thrust into an organization that is likely to win now and doesn't have to rebuild.