PDA

View Full Version : Cowher will be hot commodity...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Cowher is not going to be hurting for work when he decides to come back to coaching whenever that is.

The Giants retained Coughlin for 1 more year, if he doesnt work out you know they are going to be courting BC for their job; Miami will be in that mix too, the Clowns, perhaps the Raiders, hell at this point there are many teams that will go after him on the college and pro level.

LatrobePA
01-11-2007, 10:54 AM
It'll be fun watching the Steelers blow his socks off with whatever team he decides to drain for millions...

AZ_Steeler
01-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Cowher to the Giants.... that would be funny Cowher reunited with Plexiglass :lol:

I would imagine we will see a lot of coaches get one year contracts just to see what Cowher decides to do next year :dunno:

LatrobePA
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Cowher to the Giants.... that would be funny Cowher reunited with Plexiglass :lol:

I would imagine we will see a lot of coaches get one year contracts just to see what Cowher decides to do next year :dunno:

That cracks me up too, trust me I enjoyed watching him on the sidelines for the years, but he can be out coached and has been a number of times.

The effort he put forth this year has me REAL salty towards him, so sorry if I'm too blunt. Later Billy, the new future will be here any day now...

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok Bill Cowher will coach the Redskins in 2008. Joe Gibbs is getting close to retiring and Daniel Synder has the cash to play Cowher 10 million a year.

Steelersfan
01-11-2007, 01:24 PM
There are a lot of teams that can and will pay Cowher a lot of money. I think he'll go to whatever team has the best shot of winning right off myself.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2007, 01:39 PM
He'll find out the hard way how good the Rooney's are compared to everybody else in the league. He's been spoiled in that respect for the last 15 years.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Yea but at this point Cowher has won a Super Bowl so I think he is going to cash in to the highest bidder and wants to become the highest paid coach in the NFL. So not many owners would be willing to spend that much like a Daniel Synder. Maybe Jerry Jones. Now that would suck Bill Cowher coaching the Cowboys. I don't even want to think about it.

AZ_Steeler
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I can't picture Cowher coaching for the Browns, Bengals, Ratbirds, Cowboys and the Pats! :nono:

TEEMONT
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
He'll find out the hard way how good the Rooney's are compared to everybody else in the league. He's been spoiled in that respect for the last 15 years.

Who's to say we won't find out we good we had it as well?

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Who says Cowher won't stay close to his Carolina home? Washington, Miami, maybe the Panthers.

SteelersWoman
01-12-2007, 02:24 AM

Yeah--on other teams, if he doesn't deliver the goods, they'll just get rid of him pretty quick.

And even though he did pretty good with the Steelers, who's to say that he'll "mesh" right with ANY other team?

Look at Bill Belichick...he's done much better with the Pats than he did with the Browns, so I think it's all in who you click with. Bill Cowher might not ever click again with another team the way he did with ours.

TampaSteelGirl
01-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Does anyone think he might consider coming back to Pittsburgh? I mean, why would he really want to coach with any other NFL team? He has so much history here. It would actually break my heart to see him coach anyone else!! But yes he will definately be offer lots of ching to coach..do you think the Rooneys would offer him more money to keep him with us after this year or let him go to another team? I hope they at least try...:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
It's possible he could come back as a consultant, although as intense a guy that he is I almost think he'd have to be coaching somewhere unless he finds out that nobody really compares to Pittsburgh and that drives him back to us in some capacity.

One thing is for sure, don't look for him to coach any Carolina teams though.. his home in Raleigh and Carolina in general is a safe haven away from football so Im pretty sure he's not going to want to go back to football after he spent so much money investing in his new house in that area.

TampaSteelGirl
01-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Who says Cowher won't stay close to his Carolina home? Washington, Miami, maybe the Panthers.

I also think Panthers as well...I'd hate to see that!

K Train
01-12-2007, 05:47 PM
someone made me this....not cool, blasphemy!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/cowher_boys.gif

TampaSteelGirl
01-12-2007, 05:49 PM
OMG!! that's ghastly!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Heard that rumor already.

TampaSteelGirl
01-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh no...well if they would pay him what he's worth, i'd do it too...Makes me sad.. I miss him already! :tt02:

steelcurtain09
01-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Ok Bill Cowher will coach the Redskins in 2008. Joe Gibbs is getting close to retiring and Daniel Synder has the cash to play Cowher 10 million a year.

i hope not
id live thru hell if tht happened

and i think the skins will promote gregg williams when gibbs retires