PDA

View Full Version : Suggs fires back at Steelers Lamarr Woodley

BlitzburghRockCity
06-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Suggs: Woodley likes to talk out of wrong end (http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/06/22/suggs-woodley-likes-to-talks-out-of-wrong-end/)

Part of what makes the rivalry between the Ravens and Steelers one of the best in football — other than the games, of course — is the amount of talk that goes on between players, mostly through the media. And with no football to talk about, we’ll take whatever material we can get.

The latest volley started a couple of weeks ago when Steelers LB LaMarr Woodley told NFL Network that the Ravens wouldn’t win a Super Bowl “in this lifetime” with Joe Flacco at quarterback. Flacco was expectedly ticked off, telling WBAL (courtesy of BaltimoreRavens.com (http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/06/20/late-for-work-620-flacco-ticked-off-by-woodley-comments/)) that Woodley “doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

But we know it was only a matter of time before Terrell Suggs got in the mix. He offered his own assessment of Woodley’s comments during an interview with “Sports with Coleman” on Fox 1370 Sports Radio.

“Well, you know, LaMarr Woodley is one of the guys who likes to talk out of his ***,” Suggs said. “So I’m not too much concerned what people say about my quarterback. We know what our quarterback can do. He’s just going to have to prove his naysayers wrong.”

Flacco has led the Ravens to the playoffs in each of his first three seasons, but two campaigns ended in playoff losses to the Steelers.

“I like that Joe is maturing,” Suggs recently told NFL.com (http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/04/15/a-few-minutes-with-terrell-suggs/). “He was expected to do that because of his success in the first year anyways. I just love that he’s been winning some playoff games, won more than he’s lost. He’s at the head of it, but as a team we just need to get over that rivalry hump to compete for a Lombardi.”
By “rivalry hump,” we’re guessing Suggs meant the Steelers. Flacco will have his next chance at M&T Bank Stadium in Week 1

BlitzburghRockCity
06-23-2011, 10:39 AM
We knew it was only a matter of time before somebody from the Ratbirds fired back after Woodley's comments. I'm just surprised it took this long, but not surprised that it was Suggs that said it. You can bet this will be part of the banter and media hype during Ratbird week when the Steelers play them.

LatrobePA
06-23-2011, 11:08 AM
IMO Wood should of kept his pie hole shut...But he is becoming a vocal leader same as Porter was..

LarryNJ
06-23-2011, 11:19 AM
IMO Wood should of kept his pie hole shut...

I agree, I've never been a fan of trash talking although I do find it entertaining. It really is harmless and meaningless. This rivalry has become so big that I think every member of both teams play every game like it's the SB. Suggs doesn't need any motivation to try and kill Ben, it comes naturally to him. :)

Rampage
06-23-2011, 11:50 AM
At first, I thought that Thuggs literally fired at Woodley. He is a Raven after all. But I guess this isn't an Atlanta nightclub. And yeah, I wish players would just shut the hell up and not trash talk; there's really no benefit in doing so, it just gives the other team(s) a rallying point.

Farrior Fan
06-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Personally, I like the trash talking. Think about it, we do NOT lose to the Ravens when Ben plays and everybody knows it. Woodley just stated what we all knew. Now we get to see if the Ravens can step up and beat us at full strength. If they can then so be it...but if it is late in the game and Flacco loses the game for them again then it gets so engrained in his brain that he may never beat us again. I don't see how it could be bad for us. The only trash talking that I cannot stand is when a team that loses talks trash. In the ESPN era of showing the flashy plays sometimes players forget that an 80 yard int return doesn't mean jack squat if your team loses 35-10. Woodley can talk all the trash he wants in my book because he is a winner.

Callax
06-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I have only 2 statements:

1)NO ONE CARES WHAT TERRELL THUGGS THINKS OR SAYS!!!!!!!!!

2) HOW MANY SUPERBOWLS HAVE YOU ATTENDED, OR EVEN WON????

ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCREW YOU LOSER NOT A SB WIN IN YOUR LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Trap86
06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
lol loving the hate between the linebackers. also liking that we play the ravens the first game of the season. such a huge game

connecticutsteel
06-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Woodley has naysayers?

LatrobePA
06-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Wasn't it Suggs that Ben threw to the ground like a bitch while throwing the ball away avoiding a neg loss on a key drive??

connecticutsteel
06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
suggs is a loud mouth who should accept that he plays for a team that can't beat the Steelers when it matters

SteelDad
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Not a huge trash-talk guy, but considering the lockout I'll take any football I can get.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Personally, I like the trash talking. Think about it, we do NOT lose to the Ravens when Ben plays and everybody knows it. Woodley just stated what we all knew. Now we get to see if the Ravens can step up and beat us at full strength. If they can then so be it...but if it is late in the game and Flacco loses the game for them again then it gets so engrained in his brain that he may never beat us again. I don't see how it could be bad for us. The only trash talking that I cannot stand is when a team that loses talks trash. In the ESPN era of showing the flashy plays sometimes players forget that an 80 yard int return doesn't mean jack squat if your team loses 35-10. Woodley can talk all the trash he wants in my book because he is a winner.

I don't mind it either, this offseason is boring enough as it is. Why not throw a little gasoline on the Ravens / Steelers fire to spice things up while we wait for the lockout to end. It's nothing new in this rivalry, the only difference is since Joey Porter left, the Ravens are usually the ones to start it. If Wood hadn't said something now, Suggs or someone else would have opened their mouth in Baltimore the week before the game and more than likely still will.

Sent from BRC's Droid X

MattyVfromCT
06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Personally I love trash talk between hated rivals. Imo, politically correct, lovey dovey talk doesn't belong in a rivalry like this. One of the main reasons I miss the days of peezy. And quite frankly, I don't want to hear it from the rats or their worthless fans crying about woodley's comments. After all the **** that's been from that trashy city about the steelers? Please. Suggs sure knows a lot about talking out of one's ***. Admitting on a radio program that they had bounties out on mendy and Hines back in 08. Pretty stupid thing for that mr ed looking sack of garbage to do. Oh what else? Ray ray celebrating that he ended mendenhall's rookie season, the franchise crying to the nfl that they don't want to play in Pitt for primetime games, crying about officiating, harbaugh subtly claiming we don't follow the hitting rules, only to have his team hit ben in the nose and give heath a concussion with a helmet first hit, all the crying over the years about how Hines hits, all the trash they talked in the early 2000s, ray ray and Sharpe especially, I could go on and on. For a franchise and fanbase that loves to portray themselves as "badass" they whine and cry an awful lot, more than most teams for that matter. Bunch of clowns, but then again what do you expect from the true cleveland clowns? Did I mention I despise that city, franchise and fanbase? Lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
06-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I was wondering when the Ravens would start the retaliation..here it is.

Real Deal Steel
06-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Trash talk is fine. It's been in football forever and keeps the NFL's best rivalry spicy.

chisteeler
06-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Maybe Suggs can make a shirt this year that has a Purple Care Bear on it with Flacco's face on it's tummy.

Moondog
06-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Maybe Suggs can make a shirt this year that has a Purple Care Bear on it with Flacco's face on it's tummy.

LOL! That's great.

Raleigh Steel
06-25-2011, 11:24 AM
suggs says that woodley talks out of his ***...

hello mr. pot, this is mr. kettle there is something i need to tell you...you are black.

the difference between the steelers and ravens talking trash is that one team can and will back it up...which side do you think woodley is on?

Callax
06-25-2011, 12:15 PM
suggs says that woodley talks out of his ***...

hello mr. pot, this is mr. kettle there is something i need to tell you...you are black.

the difference between the steelers and ravens talking trash is that one team can and will back it up...which side do you think woodley is on?

excellent rebuttal

Thuggs calling kettle black

Steelers go and (usually) win SB's ratbirds attend Divisional Games and go home like beaten BITCHES (USUALLY BY STEELERS) AGREED?????

steeldoc
06-25-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm not a fan of the trash talking either...but I am a fan of the depression that hits Bmore after the Ravens choke against the Steelers. They know that Flacco is Ben's bitch, and Flacco seems to be the reason they lose those tight games. He just folds when he could be making a play to win the game...like Ben often does. You can't coach that, regardless of what the Raven's say. A few more Flacco chokes and he will be in the Boller zone. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2011, 05:03 PM
I think the pressure is starting to get to Flacco. He was this quiet, reserved, type of guy when he first entered the league. He didn't stir up controversy and deflected most of the trash talk. Now that the Steelers have had his number for several years in a row he's just got to feel the pressure of trying to be Pittsburgh when it really counts.

MattyVfromCT
06-29-2011, 09:48 AM
I think the pressure is starting to get to Flacco. He was this quiet, reserved, type of guy when he first entered the league. He didn't stir up controversy and deflected most of the trash talk. Now that the Steelers have had his number for several years in a row he's just got to feel the pressure of trying to be Pittsburgh when it really counts.

Pressure is also building since he's fresh out of excuses. Nobody can say he's just a rookie or he has no weapons to throw to anymore. Flacco just isn't anywhere near as good as rat fans think he is or will be. He always gets the deer in the headlights look and happy feet when the pressure is in his face. Sure, any qb struggles under pressure but the great ones don't panic in the pocket like flacco does.

P.S. don't say flacco isn't that good or else loser rat fans will make 15 and a half minute videos whining about where flacco is ranked among all qb's lmao. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42ojGGMrH10&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

coach
06-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Woodley's comments about Sacco aren't so different from those of Suggs. What is interesting is that this is the best this loud mouth and opinionated clown could say about what was supposed to be a franchise QB (18th overall) going to a playoff caliber team:

I like that Joe is maturing, Suggs recently told NFL.com. He was expected to do that because of his success in the first year anyways. I just love that hes been winning some playoff games, won more than hes lost. Hes at the head of it, but as a team we just need to get over that rivalry hump to compete for a Lombardi.

He may as well of referred to Sacco as Ben's bitch, himself--just like Steeler fans do.

Can't wait for game 1 with both teams being 100% healthy.

MDSteel15
06-29-2011, 02:15 PM
This is so like the Steelers/Raiders rivalry from the 70's!!!

connecticutsteel
06-29-2011, 02:19 PM
I think we will tear them up with Ben completely healed up and focused with sweed or burress to throw too our offense is gonna suprise everyone this year

LatrobePA
06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I think we will tear them up with Ben completely healed up and focused with sweed or burress to throw too our offense is gonna suprise everyone this year

Did we forget who's sending in the plays?? BABABABABABABABABABABA, joking (kinda)!!lol

BlitzburghRockCity
06-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Woodley's comments about Sacco aren't so different from those of Suggs. What is interesting is that this is the best this loud mouth and opinionated clown could say about what was supposed to be a franchise QB (18th overall) going to a playoff caliber team:

I like that Joe is maturing, Suggs recently told NFL.com. He was expected to do that because of his success in the first year anyways. I just love that hes been winning some playoff games, won more than hes lost. Hes at the head of it, but as a team we just need to get over that rivalry hump to compete for a Lombardi.

He may as well of referred to Sacco as Ben's bitch, himself--just like Steeler fans do.

Suggs has always been a trash talker, since Porter has gone the Steelers haven't really had one. Harrison does here and there but not to the level that Porter did. Now Woodley has kinda taken over that role. It wouldn't be an AFCN matchup without some good ole smack.

I still love that "rivalry hump" comment..u might as well just say "we have to beat the Steelers somehow" LOL

Can't wait for game 1 with both teams being 100% healthy.

This is so like the Steelers/Raiders rivalry from the 70's!!!

That was a good one, so was the Steelers Cowboys of the 70's.

steelerschick1220
07-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Since when is speaking the truth considered trash talking?

Flacco cannot beat us when Ben is playing. Pure and simple. Suggs is just pissy cause he knows asa long as he has him as his starting QB the odds of him getting a ring aren't that great.

tuggysteel822
07-08-2011, 12:10 AM
I find it funny that Suggs fired back. It's just going to be bulletin board material for the steelers come week one. Good job goon.