PDA

View Full Version : Member spotlight: callax

steelersgal86
06-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:

Callax

How long have you been a Steeler fan? since I was about 6 years old

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? They were on locally, my father would watch them and this got me interested in football, plus I enjoyed watching them when they started to win! (early 70's)

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Hines Ward

Why are they your favorite player? He's not the biggest, strongest, fastest player, everything he has accomplished is due to hard work, perserverence, film study. He's gotten the most out of his talent.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? Rod Woodson

What is your favorite Steelers memory? The Bus running over Chi LB Uhrlacker

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Baseball

How did you find Steeler Addicts? Fiance's sister referred me to the site.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? A great place to voice your opinion about all things Steeler related, can socially network to help find old Steeler games and memorabila

What do you do for a living? I work on wind turbines

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? Dunno...very loyal to friends???

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? I'm a decent semi fastpitch softball player

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Jeep Grand Cherokee

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? more disciplined

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? fantasy football, softball (semi-fastpitch) But we lost our field, THANK YOU ALTOONA CITY COUNCIL!

Favorite TV show(s)? Big Bang Theory

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? Wii baseball

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? We watch it together, we are all Steeler fans!

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Have my Hines Ward Jersey on!!

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? popcorn if anything and coke cola

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? regrettably, ZERO, but that will change this year, we hope

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? I think Heinz Field

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? Immaculate Drive

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? Could be this year, But I believe that our team could return and win 2 or 3 more in the next 6 years

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? Better CB play and have them stop playing off WR'S so far. Need some improvement in OL talent, another good CB to play across from Ike, limit mistakes.

steelersgal86
06-21-2011, 07:46 AM
:clap: great interview..thank you for taking the time...I love wii baseball also...but you forgot to put the SA arcade :lol:

connecticutsteel
06-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Great profile

Callax
06-21-2011, 03:04 PM
yes......sorry I am on it so much, I simply forgot to put it on here!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Good stuff Callax, thanks for doing the spotlight! If you make it to a game this season hopefully some of us can hook up with you and do some tailgating.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Great interview !! wind turbines...does that mean you climb those things??

Callax
06-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Yes, climb on the inside.... not as bad as you think. Not like climbing a lattice tower, that is something I won't do!
Great job, I reallly love my job!!

Scorp
06-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Nice interview. So popcorn and a drink is all you need for the game? Interesting. Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-24-2011, 04:08 PM
I always like seeing the wind turbine farm (atleast I call it that, LOL) on the way up the turnpike to Pittsburgh near Somerset I think it is there's about a half dozen of them that you can see while you're driving.

So how does one come into a job working on wind turbines?