PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison #21 on the top 100 players list

connecticutsteel
06-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Harrison getting some props from Damien Woody of the Jets. He is our highest rated player on the list I think.

andyg1984
06-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Troy will be the highest ..

BlitzburghRockCity
06-20-2011, 03:49 PM
These top 100 lists are becoming quite the talk of the offseason. I guess with very little real football news they have to come up with something. As far as Harrison goes, I could certainly agree that he's a top 20 player in the NFL overall. He's a dominant force that can take over a game and completely get in the head of an offensive tackle and disrupt everything.

K Train
06-20-2011, 03:53 PM
at this point it doesnt even matter what the ranking is...its all opinions on what players are more important to their team and the higher importance positions.

its useless to go "omg _____ needs to be higher" or "omg so and so totally got snubbed"

no way in hell youd ever make everyone happy

connecticutsteel
06-20-2011, 04:06 PM
I think the lock out will be lifted by the owners tommorrow i get the feeling for some reason

andyg1984
06-20-2011, 05:18 PM
at this point it doesnt even matter what the ranking is...its all opinions on what players are more important to their team and the higher importance positions.

its useless to go "omg _____ needs to be higher" or "omg so and so totally got snubbed"

let me guess .. that is your way of saying troy should be lower? JK ..

but on a serious note, i think next time they do this they need to outline the criteria much more specifically

MattyVfromCT
06-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Agree. They are only doing this top 100 nonsense because there's nothing else to talk about besides speculating when the lockout ends over and over again. I don't care about these lame rankings anyways. Its always politics and popularity contests. Pointless to argue about

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Rampage
06-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Donovan McNabb being on the list voided it for me. Anyone putting him in the top 100 based purely on last season's performance is a chode. Tony Romo being on the list is like a giant sign saying "Nothing but bullshit contained herein."

K Train
06-21-2011, 08:51 PM
mcnabb can still warrant a high 90 spot in a list of 100.

if hes a viking, they could easily contend for a superbowl. hes not a scrub by any means, not sure how being what? 99 on a list can void the entire list? players from 1-10 are interchangable, 20-50 are probably interchangable and there can be a TON of players from the 50-150 range

BlitzburghRockCity
06-22-2011, 09:13 AM
He could be considered for that list for his past accomplishments but he's done next to nothing the last 2 years. That's the problem with these types of lists and with the pro bowl too. Way too many people are on them for their reputation alone.

andyg1984
06-22-2011, 11:18 AM
if Mcnabb played in AZ, MIN or maybe MIA last year he in there without debate

Rampage
06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
mcnabb can still warrant a high 90 spot in a list of 100.

if hes a viking, they could easily contend for a superbowl. hes not a scrub by any means, not sure how being what? 99 on a list can void the entire list? players from 1-10 are interchangable, 20-50 are probably interchangable and there can be a TON of players from the 50-150 range

He blew based solely on last year's performance. The list just looks like a bunch of player-to-player nut huggery to me: Veterans that have been around for a while make the list at higher positions than younger players that out performed them and were more important to their teams last season. If it was a list built upon the accomplishments of players throughout their careers, yes, McNabb definitely deserves to be on the list. It is a list based on last season and McNabb (and the Redskins as a whole) sucked.

If he was on a team like the Vikings as you said, yeah, he more than likely would have had a more successful season and would have deserved a spot on the list. Last year, I considered him to be a poor to mediocre QB based on the team he was with, which is supposedly how this list was created. Had he been the one bright spot on that team, then I would have supported him being on the list. He wasn't.

/meaningless bitching about meaningless list

Farrior Fan
06-23-2011, 01:11 PM
If I had to build a team from scratch to compete for a SB next year then Harrison would be my first choice on D. The man is relentless, he gets held at least 50% of the time and still gets to the QB as often as anyone in the league. Add in that he can drop back and cover a TE in coverage and you have IMHO the most dangerous D player today. I think a lot of the players out there that didn't want to vote for him in the top10 may be a little jealous of his 2 rings.