PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger joins twitter is this a good move considering his recent troubles?

connecticutsteel
06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Ben has handled his life 100% better since the accusations in Georgia.But joining twitter gets some athletes in trouble

LatrobePA
06-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Twitter IMO is dumb. I know a lot of people swear by it, so I guess when used in the right way can be a cool way to follow your favorite player...I'm sure Ben is going to use it like a pro...

DBR96A
06-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Eventually he'll delete his Twitter account after dumbasses start spamming his page with insults and other ad hominem garbage.

connecticutsteel
06-20-2011, 12:19 PM
That was my concern him lashing out at the comments

BlitzburghRockCity
06-20-2011, 01:01 PM
This is NOT Ben's personal twitter account. It's an account for his website. He does not tweet from this account at all, it's just updates and events for www.bigben7.com (http://www.bigben7.com)

The Steeler Nation will have to wait and see if our star Quarteback will ever hit the social media market. In all honesty I don't see it happening any time soon, if ever while he's still playing. Given Ben's troubles the last few offseasons, and now that things are back on track, I'm sure he's quite happy being under the radar and keeping his life on the DL.

connecticutsteel
06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
ahh ok

BlitzburghRockCity
06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Yeah it was flying around Twitter yesterday when PFT made an article talking about it. The account only has a handful of tweets and no followers as of yesterday.

SteelDad
06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
This is NOT Ben's personal twitter account. It's an account for his website. He does not tweet from this account at all, it's just updates and events for www.bigben7.com (http://www.bigben7.com)

The Steeler Nation will have to wait and see if our star Quarteback will ever hit the social media market. In all honesty I don't see it happening any time soon, if ever while he's still playing. Given Ben's troubles the last few offseasons, and now that things are back on track, I'm sure he's quite happy being under the radar and keeping his life on the DL.

Yup... One step at a time for BR. We saw some maturation last season, sans final drive in SB, and I think we'll continue to see that now. Twitter can be a useful resource but can also bring on a lot of ignorance and irresponsibilty too. I agree with BRC, don't think Ben will have one during his career.