PDA

View Full Version : Sweed & Wallace a classic thunder and lightning tandem

connecticutsteel
06-15-2011, 09:49 PM
They will be great this year, I was watching some of Sweed's college film he was impressive. I'm really hoping he can turn it around so we can have" molten" mike & Steeltrap Sweed.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-15-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't know if I'd call them a classic Thunder and Lightening combination just yet. I don't think of Sweed as much of a "thunder" type player, more like a spring shower at this point ;) .

We're all hoping Sweed can make the roster, it would be such a shame to see a 2nd round pick not pan out. The Steelers don't usually have that happen; it's all on him this year. This is his last shot.

Wallace though, he is the lightening and then some. The dude has been money since he first hit the field 2 years ago. If he keeps up this pace he'll be a top 5 WR in the game by the end of this year.

Farrior Fan
06-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Amen to Wallace. When we drafted him I honestly wondered why. Now I love the guy. He is tough, he is ultra fast, he has absoluetly great hands. He is a hard worker, he is smart, and most of all-he wants to win. Ben absolutely loves throwing to him. BA thinks he is Jerry Rice. He will get even better and with his skill set I would not be surprised to see a reeeedonculous statistical season out of him. Put your best CB and S on him and you still get burned because it just isn't fair with his speed and nose for the ball. Forget Limas - we have a very old but great slot receiver in 86, we have more speed with Manny and Brown. I really think a lot of teams will underestimate our WRs for the 1st half of the season. Ben could seriously be in the top 3 in passing yards this year. This is THE year for us to win the SB.

connecticutsteel
06-16-2011, 08:57 AM
this is more of a if things go as planned combo Sweed is a big man and has the thunder potential

K Train
06-16-2011, 11:05 AM
on paper those two look spectacular....sweed really needs to step his **** up to not only make the roster but to get any playing time at all

BlitzburghRockCity
06-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Good point, Sweed could very well make the roster. His main competition will be guys like Randle El and Arnaz Battle. ARE is projected as probably not coming back, so now it comes down to the Steelers keeping 5 or 6 WR's. My guess is they will keep 6 and if they do then Sweed will most likely make the roster. However, getting on the field is another story. The first 4 spots are set so those 5 WR sets will be a crucial time for him to make the most of his abilities. If injuries happen he'll have a bigger chance to make an impact.

Real Deal Steel
06-17-2011, 12:32 AM
I fully expect Sweed to make the roster because Arnez Battle won't be on the team any more. And Randle El will probably be gone too. I"ve heard the wishpers of how hard Sweed has been working and if true, he could cut Hines time in half.

Sweed on one side, Wallace on the other and Brown and Sanders working the slots?? Wow.

Rampage
06-17-2011, 02:17 PM
If Sweed can come in and start catching the ball, I think this team is going to be ridiculous when it comes to the receiving corps. So much young talent.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2011, 11:42 PM
If Sweed can come in and start catching the ball, I think this team is going to be ridiculous when it comes to the receiving corps. So much young talent.

It would be nice to have the problem of too many targets for Ben to throw too..lol. I think we're just about there now as it is, we have 4 legit WR options plus Heath Miller at Tight End. Throw in another quality WR and the depth would be just sick.