PDA

View Full Version : Louisville running back Bush to enter NFL draft

AZ_Steeler
01-10-2007, 10:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ApaADrPFolusExU20WQSp8c5nYcB?slug=ap-t25-louisville-bush&prov=ap&type=lgns)

By WILL GRAVES, AP Sports Writer
January 9, 2007

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Louisville running back Michael Bush will enter the NFL draft in April rather than return to the Cardinals next season.

Bush, who announced his decision on Tuesday, broke his right leg in Louisville's season-opener against Kentucky on Sept. 3 and hasn't played since. A senior, Bush applied for a medical redshirt in case he decided to come back, but opted for the NFL instead.

"I loved my time here at U of L, but I think it's time for me to move on," Bush told reporters.

Bush said coach Bobby Petrino's decision to leave the team was a factor in his decision. Petrino resigned Sunday to become head coach of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons.

"When coach Petrino signed that deal, I didn't really want to play with nobody else," he said.

House of Steel
01-10-2007, 10:26 AM
WE REALLY NEED TO LOOK DEEP INTO THIS KID and would be an a hell of a pick up with the 15th pick. Boy, we got ourselves a real tempting problem here.

AZ_Steeler
01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
The dude is coming off an injury and basically didn't play at all last season, I doubt he goes in the first round!

House of Steel
01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Maybe a steal in the second, we'll see.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I find it kind of odd that since he didn't play at all that he's not coming back for 1 more year to try and improve his status in the draft. he's a helluva player though but he won't go as high as he could have I dont think.

AZ_Steeler
01-10-2007, 11:00 AM
That's a good point TG... I think had his coached stayed like he had said he was going too then Bush probably would have returned for one more year. Since his coach left though it means he'' have to learn a whole new system and he could have a bad year and hurt his stock even more :dunno: I think when it comes down to he's just trying to cash in on an NFL deal before he gets hurt again... IMO

Blitzburgh55
01-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I was suripsed he came he was looking to be a mid to late 1st rounder before he got injuried but now i dont know where he will go

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
We have other more immediate needs. Do not need Bush.

K Train
01-10-2007, 04:46 PM
the guy is a stud and would be great in black and gold, someone better draft him early, who carse if he cant work out right away...he is gonna be great....best rb in the draft imo

SteelerDan43
01-10-2007, 05:58 PM
If he is there in the 2nd you have to take him, its like McGahee part 2 only twice the size

Koopa
01-10-2007, 06:12 PM
he is not worth no no mid first rounder, yeah he could be really good, but we have way more other needs then a back up running back for willie

DIESELMAN
01-11-2007, 12:55 AM
He scored 23 TD's his junior year. Hes a bruising back who has the speed and size to make an impact in the NFL. I hope hes 100% when the combine rolls around, he'll help someone out right away.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Hey the Steelers need more then 1 RB. I think Dookie is a solid player but I think Michael Bush has the potential to be a very good NFL RB. Noway in the first round. But if he falls to the Steelers in the second round then he should be considered.

Steelerlyn
01-11-2007, 01:03 AM
YesTom, I agree he will be a real asset for some NFL team.

Prosdo
01-11-2007, 03:57 AM
I would love to see this guy wearing a Steelers uniform. I'm hoping we snag him up.