PDA

View Full Version : should the Steelers go after Nick Toon next year?

connecticutsteel
06-13-2011, 02:05 AM
He's a mid round prospect with solid skills and good size 6'3" 225 4.4 40 right now he's rated in the high second rd or third rd depending on his senior season he would be a solid replacement for Hines or Sweed

K Train
06-13-2011, 11:57 AM
the "bloodline" factor could be big for him....this kind of reciever relies on sweeds future and i suggest we dont count sweed out just yet.

i like toon and mcnutt as far as these big bodied guys in the midrounds go

andyg1984
06-13-2011, 09:33 PM
I like Toon ... I am all about going big on a WR if one is there... I REALLY like Sanu ... i think jeffery, blackmon and fuller come off the board before we pick

imo with the exception of Wallace our WR's are pretty easy to cover ..

connecticutsteel
06-14-2011, 09:30 PM
75% of Hines's catches he is wide open so i wouldn't say easy plus ben factors in cause most db's can't cover the scramble

andyg1984
06-15-2011, 01:38 PM
wide open in zone coverage you mean .. no way he can beat DB's consistently ..

fun to watch the scrambling and all, but he would be better with more than one WR that a DC cares about ..

connecticutsteel
06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey as long as they play us in zone ward will be effective

steelchamp204
08-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I think we are good for receivers for a little while. I think we need to foucs on DB's and Ol next years draft. Bigtime.

Rampage
08-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I think we are good for receivers for a little while. I think we need to foucs on DB's and Ol next years draft. Bigtime.

I agree. I'd love to see a 1st rounder go to the OL or secondary next year, so long as the talent is there, but there's always room for talent, regardless of position, later on.

SteelerCountry58
08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
I agree. I'd love to see a 1st rounder go to the OL or secondary next year, so long as the talent is there, but there's always room for talent, regardless of position, later on.
Some big corn fed Nebraska type bulldozer's is what we need.
Enough of this messing around with the scrap we currently have on O Line.
I can't believe this wasn't addressed this year,yet again. Gilbert will be solid
for years to come but we all know you win games on the line more times
then not.

connecticutsteel
08-16-2011, 04:13 PM
I can't believe this wasn't addressed this year,yet again. Gilbert will be solid
then not.I agree with what your saying unfortunately the Steelers will always pick in the bottom of the first round so all the road graters are gone

Zachintosh66
08-23-2011, 10:50 AM
then not.

:plus1: