PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our starting secondary in 5 years?

Phdboy2020
06-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I say Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen at CB and Mundy and Cromartie-Smith at Safety. Of course, all of these players are currently on our roster so we are all familiar with most of these players. I really do think we will get a premiere Safety though. What do you guys think? I know it is hard to say.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Assuming Ike does resign it will most likely be a 4-5 year deal so that would mean he'd be gone. I could definitely see Curtis Brown as a starter but by then the Safeties will be all new. I would love to see Cortez Allen develop into a quality CB. You never know what could happen. The Steelers will most definitely use one of their premium picks on a Safety at some point in the next 5 years IMO.

connecticutsteel
06-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Brown,Butler,Allen,CRO-Smith,mundy

BlitzburghRockCity
06-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I have nothing against Cromartie-Smith right now butI"m not sure I'd say it's a high probability that he'll be a starter in 5 years. Even though it's fun to think about now, it's virtually impossible to call your secondary by name 5 years in the future..LOL. I will say though that I would be highly disappointed if Brown and Allen aren't still on the roster at that time.

Rampage
06-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I think Butler and Brown are the two that have the best chances due to the fact that they can both play CB and either could possibly make the move to FS/SS if needed.

Callax
06-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I hope polamalu can play and be still very good 5 years from now...
The other safety will be someone we have not drafted yet, he will be aquired in 2 or 3 drafts from now....
Butler and Brown are corners for Pitt, but one will be a NB and we draft another starting CB in 4 years

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm hoping Butler, Brown, Allen are the top three corners on the roster 5 years from now unless the Steelers added a supreme talent at the position.....As for safety I think Mundy is a fine role player and spot starter.....But don't think he is a full 16 game starter in the NFL on a regular basis....Of course time will tell with him........

K Train
06-13-2011, 01:38 PM
it will be completely different....if guys like mundy and crosmith cant do something soon they wont do something ever.

curtis brown and crezdon butler have the most potential to latch on and stick around, but i could still see an entirely new group by then if neither do.

a lot of love for cortez allen after knowing next to nothing about him at all, esepcially since theres no OTAs, he played at the citadel, and was probably a 7th round prospect at best

LatrobePA
06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
5 years?? I'm wondering this for the 11' season...

Farrior Fan
06-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Crezdon is going to start this year. In 5 years he will be one of the best in the league. Hopefully Brown will be really good also. As for the safetys????????