PDA

View Full Version : Steelers have eye for coaches

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2007, 01:19 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_487841.html

The process the Steelers are following is "fundamentally similar" to how the organization approached replacing Chuck Noll as head coach 15 years ago, team president Art Rooney II has said.

This time, it shouldn't take as long to complete.

Industry insiders expect the Steelers to come to a consensus on Bill Cowher's successor Friday or Monday. Cowher stepped down this past Friday.

Almost a month passed between the last game of Noll's 23-year run Dec. 27, 1991, and the introduction of Cowher on Jan. 21, 1992.

The Steelers will conduct their fourth interview in as many days today when they host Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin. Their search party landed in Chicago on Sunday and interviewed Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, then returned home and met with Steelers assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm on Monday and Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt on Tuesday at Heinz Field.

I cant wait to see who they decide on, but you gotta be glad we have owners like we do who know how to work the system and find people who fit with us.

BlitzburghNation
01-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Amen Brother,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm not worried either,i'm just curious of who he's gonna be !

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2007, 01:51 AM
That article is interesting to read who all they interviewed the first time. I had forgotten about some of those names in the past.

House of Steel
01-10-2007, 01:54 AM
I am not worried now, I have totally confidence in the Rooneys.

AZ_Steeler
01-10-2007, 11:10 AM
It's hard not be confident with the Rooney's decision considering the have had 2 head coaches since 1969! The suspense is killing me because this decision can have a major impact on the Steelers season next year!