PDA

View Full Version : What young offensive player will have a breakout season

connecticutsteel
06-10-2011, 10:46 AM
I think E. Sanders will be the next big thing on the Steelers offense this coming season. He's got such an upside and all the physical tools to explode into the next level.

K Train
06-10-2011, 11:02 AM
i think brown is and ultimately will be better than sanders.

watch out for my dude sweed to compete though

connecticutsteel
06-10-2011, 11:08 AM
It was tough to choose between brown & sanders i think sanders is a better route runner a this point as where brown has the edge in the return game

K Train
06-10-2011, 11:34 AM
brown is quicker and much more fearless, i just think hes overall gonna be the better player

andyg1984
06-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I think they are both #3 WR's ..imo in the long run we need only one of them, Wallace and we need to draft another legit WR to play outside (Fuller, Sanu) .. i am all about going big on a WR if one is there ..

Phenomenal TJ
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Brown seems to come up with the bigger catches as well.

connecticutsteel
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I think brown gets the clutch catches cause he's usually the 4th or 5th wr and gets the worst corner

Rampage
06-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Sweed. I think he is going to come out of nowhere and surprise a lot of folks.

K Train
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM
I think brown gets the clutch catches cause he's usually the 4th or 5th wr and gets the worst corner

what is your point? sanders was usually the 4th too

BlitzburghRockCity
06-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Brown made all the circus catches but Sanders got more looks in passing game overall. Brown is going to be even better in the return game, but I look for Sanders to really step up. He feels like he's got something to prove after getting injured in the Super Bowl, he's definitely motivated.

I look for Pouncey to solidify himself as a top 3 Center (atleast)in the game this year. As good as he was in 2010 he's going to beast it up in 2011.

Rampage
06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Brown made all the circus catches but Sanders got more looks in passing game overall. Brown is going to be even better in the return game, but I look for Sanders to really step up. He feels like he's got something to prove after getting injured in the Super Bowl, he's definitely motivated.

I look for Pouncey to solidify himself as a top 3 Center (atleast)in the game this year. As good as he was in 2010 he's going to beast it up in 2011.

I completely forgot about Pouncey. Not because he isn't good (I love the guy), but because he is so good. I usually correlate young with a lot of room for improvement, and Pouncey looks like a 20 year old that's been in the NFL for five years.

connecticutsteel
06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
my point is sanders has less big plays called for him

DanRooney
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I've seen Sanders covered by Revis.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I completely forgot about Pouncey. Not because he isn't good (I love the guy), but because he is so good. I usually correlate young with a lot of room for improvement, and Pouncey looks like a 20 year old that's been in the NFL for five years.

Yeah you're right about Pouncey, it's not often you see a rookie come in and play so well. The fact that he played like a seasoned veteran and made the pro bowl just affirms all the more how great of a draft pick he was. He lead the line and made all the calls for them on day 1 when he started the regular season. He'll only get better and better, and with a year under his belt now he'll be even more confident. I could easily see him make the pro bowl again.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I think they are both #3 WR's ..imo in the long run we need only one of them, Wallace and we need to draft another legit WR to play outside (Fuller, Sanu) .. i am all about going big on a WR if one is there ..

We've only begun to tap the potential of these two. Both of the rookies and both made huge contributions on offense. Brown helped spark the return game and made those circus, clutch catches in the playoffs. Sanders was gaining confidence and playing better all year long in 2010.

Wallace will still be the main big play threat, and Ward will be the rugged, reliable, old veteran that still gets it done. As the year goes on it wouldn't surprise me to see either Sanders or Brown get reps at the starting spot opposite Wallace.

Callax
06-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I have really busted on Sweed, I hope that he has a BREAKOUT year and proves he IS Worthy of being an NFL WR playing for the Steelers!

jnes1216
06-10-2011, 10:41 PM
I would love to see Redman or Dwyer have a breakout year and take some of the load off Mendenhall. I still think Rashard can carry the load, but it'd be nice to see some options in the run game. If anything, just to give the defense something to think about.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Redman will be a key for the offense this year. His short yardage conversions are a must. I'd like to see him get additional work too spelling Mendenhall.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-11-2011, 02:12 PM
It will be Sanders or Sweed........I also like Brown but I just see him getting the balls thrown his way to be able to break out........If Sweed can put it together mentally the sky is the limit for him......I think Sanders catches 60 balls this year and scores 5-7 TD's......Wallace will get his but I do see Sanders taking on a bigger role this year which will lead to Ward's numbers declining some....Of course I still see Hines having a role on this team no doubt.....

Phdboy2020
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
While it will be hard to argue with Sanders and Brown, I'm goin to go with our rookie OT Marcus Gilbert. He has a lot of potential and wih our hisory of injuries on the O-Line in recent years, he should get plenty of game time at as a Guard or Tackle. Also doesn't hurt that he and Pouncey are best friends. Lets go Steeler Nation!!!!!!

Steel Trap86
06-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Brown needs to work on his route running for this upcoming season, but overall he is better then Sanders imo. Absolute robbery that we got him in the 6th round. Can't wait to see more of this this dude.

coldrolled
06-13-2011, 03:04 PM
I hope it is Crezdon Butler that is in the pro bowl this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-14-2011, 09:57 AM
The great thing about both Sanders and Brown is that they are good friends, coming out in the same draft class. The way that Tomlin put them in competition against each other last year was a brilliant move and they both bought into it. Neither of them complained, they worked their tails off and as the season went on it paid off in a big way for the team. I really look for both of these guys to take it to the next level.

Arians runs enough 4 WR sets that both of them will see the field a lot on offense.