PDA

View Full Version : Colon To Start Next Year?

PITT23
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2724078

(The link only works for people who have an ESPN Insider subscription)

The way we hear it, Steelers ORT Willie Colon showed enough in starting the final two games of the season to be considered a contender for that starting job, as well as the ORG spot should the team look to replace Kendall Simmons.

AZ_Steeler
01-09-2007, 05:57 PM
I would imagine that decision will be made by the new HC :dunno: I'm all for it though!

PITT23
01-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Yeah but if it's Grimm who becomes the next HC then I can definitely see it happening.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Well something needs to happen with the right side of the Oline. It seems to me that Kendall Simmons has never been right since his illness and tearing his ACL. Maybe a move to center for Simmons in the future is in the cards. As for Max Starks he just stinks. So I hope Willie Colon can will the RT spot and Big Chris Kemoeatu can win the RG spot.

Koopa
01-09-2007, 06:33 PM
i hope max starks signs else where so we can get a 3 round pick for him lol...i didn't see colon play this season so i know nothing about him, i just know starks kinda sucks and it shouldn't be to hard to take his job

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2007, 06:44 PM
i hope max starks signs else where so we can get a 3 round pick for him lol...i didn't see colon play this season so i know nothing about him, i just know starks kinda sucks and it shouldn't be to hard to take his job

Well I was at the game vs the Ravens when Colon made his first start. He did alright but it was his first start. Against the Bengals I thought Willie Colon played well.

Agree Max Starks sucks. But he is still young though so I wouldn't count him out yet. I'm not holding my breath but he might turn out to be a solid player.

Koopa
01-09-2007, 07:11 PM
i wouldn't judge how colon played against the ravens even if it was his 80th start, the ravens owned our linemen this year, so the fact that you say he did ok kind of says a lot lol

and you're right about starks.....i guess it would be better if we can sign him, just for depth and healthy competition in training camp

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2007, 07:17 PM
i wouldn't judge how colon played against the ravens even if it was his 80th start, the ravens owned our linemen this year, so the fact that you say he did ok kind of says a lot lol

and you're right about starks.....i guess it would be better if we can sign him, just for depth and healthy competition in training camp

Good point on the Ravens Koop. They treated our Olineman like they were their bitches this year.

About Starks yea depth is important but I just wish this guy could dominate more. He has the size but he plays to soft at times.

House of Steel
01-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Ravens were damn lucky this year, they won't be next season. It will be our turn to bulldoze over their damn lines. TO HELL WITH BALTIMORE. They are washed up has been, they are getting old and time for them to retire to nursing homes.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Ravens were damn lucky this year, they won't be next season. It will be our turn to bulldoze over their damn lines. TO HELL WITH BALTIMORE. They are washed up has been, they are getting old and time for them to retire to nursing homes.

I agree House. Even the sun shines on a dog's *** from time to time. This year the sun shined on the Rat Birds.

Koopa
lucky??? they straight up owned us in 2 games, we were lucky to even get 7 points, they could've easily shut us out again.......but i agree, i think their aging will show next year, and we'll beat them at least once...for some reason no matter how much they suck they still give us fits

K Train
**** starks, colon and phillips both might start next year....there both animals

House of Steel
01-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree House. Even the sun shines on a dog's *** from time to time. This year the sun shined on the Rat Birds.

I hate their asses to the core. THEY MAKE SICK TO LOOK AT EM in the eyes. I am sick of Billick, I am sick of Ray Ray and that FAGGOT DANCE of his, I am sick of Jamal and his femine looks, I am sick of both Reed and McAllister acting like they are rookies when they are washed up hasbeens, and most of all, I am sick of McNair taking the glory of the Ravens and making them look like a one year wonder. TRUST ME, THEY ARE ONE AND OUT THIS WEEKEND. WE WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH. ****ING BROWNS V1. GO TO HELL YOU PURPLE *** FANNIES.

K Train
01-09-2007, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7guum8gimMw

DIESELMAN
01-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I haven't seen Colon play but from what I've read and heard he should be starting next season. Time will only make him better. As far as Starks goes.....:dunno:One more thing **** the Ratbirds!!!!! :helmet:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2007, 08:44 PM
I like what Colon brings to our OL. He's got a mean streak in him and doesn't take any crap for any defense. He'll give Max a run for his money next year for sure.

Koopa
01-09-2007, 08:54 PM
so colon has a mean streak

that dude from utah chris keamuto or wtfever, why can't they have easier last names to say?? has a mean streak

so that right side if **** changes could be very mean lol

now who is this phillips dude train brought up, i know we drafted him last year, but what does he play on the oline??

K Train
01-09-2007, 08:56 PM
he can play center and guard, hes a nasty guy, didnt take **** from no one in preseason...he was gonna fight everyone lol

K Train
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
i kinda think essex is a bitch

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Phillips might be competing for the starting spot next year. If Hartings calls it quits

House of Steel
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM
YEP, Your right Philly. Training Camp is going to be a whole new can of Whoop ***!!!! I can't wait.

SteelersWoman
01-10-2007, 03:52 AM
.... He's got a mean streak in him and doesn't take any crap for any defense....

Willie Colon is from the Bronx--I think that's where the "attitude" and mean streak comes from.

But he needs to play smart, and let his talkin be done through "legal" play on the field--we don't want any more 15 yard penalties in '07 :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I agree, he lost his cool a couple times in the games he played in at the end of the season so he'll need to keep that under control cuz that earful he got from BC was nothing pretty that's for sure ;)

I like our OL's to have some attitude and be that tough mean guy who stands up for his teammates come hell or high water and lets that opposing DT or LB know he's not going to take anything from them. He'll learn that in time..

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I agree, he lost his cool a couple times in the games he played in at the end of the season so he'll need to keep that under control cuz that earful he got from BC was nothing pretty that's for sure ;)

I like our OL's to have some attitude and be that tough mean guy who stands up for his teammates come hell or high water and lets that opposing DT or LB know he's not going to take anything from them. He'll learn that in
time..

I agree the Oline has to have attitude and has to be tough. Thats my beef with Max Starks. For a guy that size he plays soft.:cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2007, 01:40 PM
He's a RFA this year if I remember right, so he should be back but Colon and also don't forget about Essex, should put together a great training camp battle this summer.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2007, 01:43 PM
He's a RFA this year if I remember right, so he should be back but Colon and also don't forget about Essex, should put together a great training camp battle this summer.

I like Max Starks I just wish he would be alittle nastier. I remember before the 2004 draft the knock on Starks was he was to nice.lol

I know Essex is still there but he seems like the forgotten man. But you're right its going to be interesting in training camp with some of the position battles.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Competition breeds excellence so if Max knows that Willie is nipping at his heels to take his job, hopefully he'll step it up a notch. The guy is just a monster and strong as an ox; if he steps up his game this should be one of the better battles to watch that we've seen in a long time.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Competition breeds excellence so if Max knows that Willie is nipping at his heels to take his job, hopefully he'll step it up a notch. The guy is just a monster and strong as an ox; if he steps up his game this should be one of the better battles to watch that we've seen in a long time.

Yes Starks has the size to be a beast I guess thats why I'm so hard on the guy. I see how big this dude is and I expect him to dominate every Dlineman he faces.lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
As big as his damn feet are he could just stomp on everybody :lol: I saw an "In their own words" about Max, and he really is a downhome, family oriented nice guy. I think he made alot of progress going into 2006 but then kind of fell into the trap that our entire team did for 2/3 of the year by stinking up the joint. He's due to make alot of money in his next extension if he gets back to basics and does his job the way we know he can.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Yea I'm not ready to give up on Max Starks he is only entering his fourth year. I do think to that Kendall Simmons struggles didn't help Max out either. Kendall just hasn't been the same since his illness and tearing his ACL in 2004.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree about Kendall as well. He started out playing really well then the diabetes set on, then his knee and he's just not the same guy. When 1 player on the OL struggles, everybody does so Im hoping Chris K gets a serious look this summer and pushes Simmons for that RG job. He and Colon would be a force on the right side for sure.

K Train
01-10-2007, 04:12 PM
i wouldnt mind drafting blalock this year, Chris K didnt do much this year, blalcock is dominating

Koopa
01-10-2007, 04:27 PM
blalock is the only lineman i wouldn't mind in the first round, other then that, we really need to work on our bread and butter and that's the defense

TEEMONT
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't think I would say Starks sucks, but he IS soft. He needs to get that mean streak that Colon has. I would rather see Colon play RG, personally.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2007, 05:26 PM
kemoeatu didn't play that much this year, only spot duty but he showed alot of promise last year.

The battle on the offensive line and LB spots should be awesome to watch.

SteelersWoman
01-12-2007, 12:32 AM
I would rather see Colon play RG, personally.

Me too Stillers :yesnod: