PDA

View Full Version : By The Numbers: the Best Steelers To Wear #'s 00-20

Phenomenal TJ
06-04-2011, 05:19 AM
While the NFL is in the midst of meetings so secret that James Bond would be jealous, and the Pittsburgh Steelers are busy working out on their own time, Steelers Chronicle would like to take a step back from all of the serious business that is going on, and look on the lighter side of the team. We池e going to look at the numbers 00-99 and figure out who the best Steelers players to wear those numbers were or are.

Expect some old names, some you may not have heard of unless you study your Pittsburgh Steelers rosters more than your college textbooks (I know I do), and you値l see some current players as well. All in all, I think it値l be fun to write, and I hope that it値l be a joy to read.

Steelers Chronicle (http://www.steelerschronicle.com/2011/06/pittsburgh-steelers-by-the-numbers-00-20.html/)

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Good stuff TJ, some of those names really are a blast from the past! When I started reading this I was just a tad curious to see who'd you pick for #10. I think Holmes is the obvious choice as well for the specific reason of the Super Bowl XLIII season and the TD catch to seal the win.

Phenomenal TJ
06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I was tempted to go with Slash, but the Super Bowl MVP honors kind of sealed the deal for Holmes. I was actually kind of surprised at both how long Bleier played and by his stat line. For some reason, I figured they'd be better lol.

greg1964
06-06-2011, 08:36 AM
The good thing about the names on the list: I'm old enought to have seen most of them play. the bad news is I'm old enought to seen most of them play.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm anxious to see who you list for 36..LOL

When is the next list coming out?

Phenomenal TJ
06-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Probably tonight or tomorrow, I've got classes starting today, but nothing too rough at the moment, lol. 36 is going to be rough.