PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most hated Steeler

connecticutsteel
05-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I think for me its a tie between Kordell Stewart and Neil O'Donnell

steelersbabex25
05-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Kordell Stewart? Kordell Stewart was awesome.

Phenomenal TJ
05-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I can't really say I hated any of them. O'Donnell had a pretty good career, barring that Super Bowl INT, but how many people thought he was getting to a Super Bowl anyway?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-29-2011, 02:50 PM
There's no Steeler that I actually "hate". I would think that would go against my "fandom". LOL.

Kordell was good when he was here, his ego just got in the way of what could have been a very good if not great career.

O'donnell was as solid, yet unspectacular as they come. He got us to a Super Bowl but those 2 INT's just really put a damper on the rest of his days in the NFL

steeldoc
05-29-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't hate any of them...however a few numnuts come to mind who could of had it all but were just too stoopid to "get it". Tim Worley, Plaxico and his spiking of the ball while still in play, Barry Foster who bolted because he was basically lazy, That massive TE Green who ate himself out of the league come to mind.

Phenomenal TJ
05-29-2011, 04:45 PM
To be fair to Burress, that was his rookie year, and I can imagine it's fairly common, because in college once you go down, the play's done. He just wasn't used to the NFL game. DeSean Jackson's dropping the ball at the one his rookie year was WAAAAY worse imo.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-29-2011, 05:46 PM
The one that Burress did, now looking back I can laugh at it. At the time I was like, "are you kidding me?"!!!!!!

Eric Greene, man he was such a talent, it's too bad he didn't last longer. He was a target nobody could cover.

Callax
05-29-2011, 07:20 PM
The one that Burress did, now looking back I can laugh at it. At the time I was like, "are you kidding me?"!!!!!!

Eric Greene, man he was such a talent, it's too bad he didn't last longer. He was a target nobody could cover.

He was just greedy, saying 2 million a year was chump change and he could have been great here.. He had 1 good year in miami and he knew that when he got FAT he was going to tackle... Noll did that to older TE's

Steel Trap86
05-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Not that big of a selection, but for me I guess it would be Carey Davis

for any non steeler fans its Ben, no question lol

Prosdo
05-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Mine is Willie Parker. I really disliked the dude after I went to a home opener game. He had a big run and was near the endzone and ducked out of bounds with one defender in his way. I don't know if I would say I hated him, but I always felt he was so extremely overrated that it was ridiculous.

DBR96A
05-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Mine is Willie Parker. I really disliked the dude after I went to a home opener game. He had a big run and was near the endzone and ducked out of bounds with one defender in his way. I don't know if I would say I hated him, but I always felt he was so extremely overrated that it was ridiculous.

I always felt that Plaxico Burress, Antwaan Randle El and Santonio Holmes were all overrated. None of them were consistent, and while all three made us say "WOW!" from time to time, they all made us say "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!" just as often. The only reliable WR the Steelers have had in the last 10 years is Hines Ward.

JensK
05-29-2011, 08:54 PM
I always felt that Plaxico Burress, Antwaan Randle El and Santonio Holmes were all overrated. None of them were consistent, and while all three made us say "WOW!" from time to time, they all made us say "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!" just as often. The only reliable WR the Steelers have had in the last 10 years is Hines Ward.

I have to disagree about Holmes. He had a rough rookie season, and it took him a couple of years to get used to the NFL, which is to be expected by WRs really. When he got used to the tempo, he was very reliable. I don't care to look it up now (maybe tomorrow), but I'm pretty sure that Hines dropped more balls over the last two years of Holmes stay with the Steelers, than Holmes did.

Also, I don't really know why you'd mention Randle El in the same category as Holmes and Burress. Even when he was here the first time, Randle El was mediocre at best imo.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Randle El and Holmes were both very good during their time here. Santonio was money in his final year. Antwaan was solid, not spectacular A very good slot receiver.

Phenomenal TJ
05-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Holmes had the added return potential as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Yeah Santonio was a beast at returns. Randle El was good for a time on punt returns but he always danced too much for my liking. Both of those guys served us well during their time here, especially Holmes. He was big all year long on the way to our 6th super bowl win.

Phenomenal TJ
05-30-2011, 03:39 AM
It was kinda cool having a pair of Super Bowl MVP's catching passes, too.

Ultrameyda
05-30-2011, 04:37 PM
William Gay. Forever. Absolutely kills the defense with his terrible coverage.
I'd rather have Rudy Gay, or even Ben-Gay.

airbrake 1
05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
I never really hate anyone...but if i had to pick it would probably be Jamaine Stephens it seems this tub of lard figured he would be able to live comfortably off the salary be bilked the steelers out of for the few years he took up space here...I hope his fat *** is living out of the back of his car somewhere these days...rarely do the steelers make the kind of mistake they did when drafting this shameless bastard...let's hope they never do again...I will never get the picture out of my mind of the other players having to carry his fat *** during the running drills in training camp

mos07
05-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Same as everyone else, don't really hate anyone but............

Troy Edwards comes to mind.......

And I like Beltin' Delton Hall but his two personal fouls against Cleveland on their game winning drive still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth....................

Zachintosh66
05-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Current = Gay... All Time = Kent Grahmn or O donnell

aaronsmith91
05-30-2011, 10:36 PM

Was that the 08' Houston game?

Zachintosh66
05-30-2011, 11:21 PM
My former used to be... Stapelton. But we finally got rid of him so my hatred subsided.

Didnt really hate... more of hated him a a steelers uni... shoulda been wearing a pizza hut uni

Farrior Fan
05-31-2011, 12:04 AM
I still hate Tommy Maddox, anytime we had the ball I just felt like he wanted to give it to the other team.

For non Steeler fans I think everyone hates James Harrison. Although my cousin who is a huge Skins fan has told me that he loves to watch him because he is a beast with a motor that never stops...even though he is a dirty player. Maybe after he is done playing Daniel Snyder will pay him 10 mill for 1 season???

connecticutsteel
05-31-2011, 02:36 AM
Yes hate is a strong word so how about dislike

andyg1984
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Justin-Hartwig.jpg

RIVERS OF STEEL
05-31-2011, 04:58 PM
o'donnell. why we are 6 and not 7.

steeldoc
05-31-2011, 06:06 PM
I remember that Cleveland game and Hall...what a moron. Santonio is a moron as well, but a tremendous talent, like him or not.

Steel Trap86
06-01-2011, 04:15 AM

Holmes is overrated....Some Steeler fans are just too full of **** lol no offense, but that is one of the dumbest things I've read on here. I mean the guy is a SUPERBOWL MVP and he still doesn't measure up lol. What else did you want? An olympic medal? more TD dances?. His Superbowl catch by itself puts him in the Steelers Hall of Fame. When you think of Holmes and his Steeler days, you're going to remember that catch, not the weed

86WARD
06-01-2011, 11:33 AM
None of these guys (maybe Stephens) is worthy of "hate." If you are Stewart and O'Donnell were far better QBs than Mark Malone. Merriweather is worthy of more hate than the guys listed so far in this thread.

steeldoc
06-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Bubby was a few bricks short of a load as well, boy was he dumb.:steelerssign:

connecticutsteel
06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Bubby was a few bricks short of a load as well, boy was he dumb.:steelerssign:

Of course his name was Bubby after all

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I'll never forget those shots of his mom in the stands, that the camera guys always focused on whenever he got sacked or tossed an interception...LOL

Callax
06-02-2011, 05:29 PM
One of the biggest wastes of a pickup was sean mahan (Suppost to be ) center....
he was a textbook example of a turnstile, letting DL go right by him, and TB gave us a 7th rd pick to take him back!!!!!