PDA

View Full Version : STEELER NATION SUPPORT OF LESS POPULAR PLAYERS??

Callax
05-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I was talking to SteelCurtainGirl2 and she asked an excellent question:

If a less popular Steeler was on Dancing With The Stars, would that player get support as great as Hines got from STEELER NATION or not???

I used the example of Larry Foote, a backup middle LB....
Since I believe that we, Steeler Nation, Love our players and team, I said YES
Any player would get great support!!!:imho:

Give me your thoughts and opinions!!!!!!!!!!

Phenomenal TJ
05-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Foote would, but he's always been pretty 'popular'.

What if it was someone like Legursky?

scpc
05-25-2011, 10:37 PM
I'd still vote for him.:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2011, 11:11 PM
There are some players that are more popular than others, that's for sure. If a player such as Legursky, or Nick Eason, or Arnaz Battle for example were in it I would say that the Steeler Nation would still vote for them. We support our team and our players no matter what.

I agree, Foote is a pretty popular player so I have little doubt he would do well on the show. I think maybe a different way to ask the question though, is if the Steeler player actually sucked at dancing would the nation still vote for them?

LarryNJ
05-26-2011, 05:21 AM
The show is all about getting ratings, they wouldn't put a player that wasn't popular on. :)

I think maybe a different way to ask the question though, is if the Steeler player actually sucked at dancing would the nation still vote for them?

Yes, I'd guess most people didn't watch Hines and have no idea if he did good or not. They voted for him because of being FB fans or twitter followers with him or one of the players. It's easy to vote especially with texting. Pittsburgh fans in general are very passionate and support their players. Look what happened with the Penguins this year for the NHL Allstar game. :)

connecticutsteel
05-26-2011, 09:56 AM
I would support any player

SteelDad
05-26-2011, 10:23 AM
The Nation would support any Steeler, but Larry is correct. No way was Kemo or Spaeth going to be picked for a show that relies on ratings like DWTS does.

OK, everyone picture Kemo ballroom dancing.... :lol:

Cricker24
05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
would Steeler fans vote for William Gay? or better yet, what about Bruce Arians? Hmmm... :thinking:

igor0190
05-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Definately support any player... but you gotta figure that a less popular player is unlikely to ever be asked to be on a show like this.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2011, 09:47 AM
would Steeler fans vote for William Gay? or better yet, what about Bruce Arians? Hmmm... :thinking:

I would venture a guess that if Arians went on Dancing with the Stars he might not make it past the first week :lol: