PDA

View Full Version : Time Zones and Sports Programing

Hawk Believer
01-08-2007, 08:31 PM
I have always lived on the west coast. One thing that always seems odd to me when I am on the east coast is how different it is to have games starting so late. I would be a much less productive person if I had to stay up till 12 or later to see the end of each prime time game I wanted to watch.

West coast baseball and basketball games would be even worse. To think of a baseball game starting after 10 at night?

Anyway, I was thinking about this as I get home from work and start watching the championship game at 5:30. Its almost 9:00 out East! I guess little kids don't get to see the end of primetime games out there.

But it probably seems crazy to someone from the east to have NFL games starting at 9:30 in the morning. But personally I like having the games on earlier. Otherwise I probably would not have stayed up to watch a game like the Fiesta Bowl last week.

Steelersfan
01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Theres not a whole lot they can do about it with the time zones. If I didn't work until 11pm or later each night I probably wouldn't watch any of these late games either.

Blitzburgh55
01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I know i stayed up to 1am watching that game didnt go to sleep till 2 and had to wake up at 6am to go to school

But i would hate games at 930 am i missed half the psu bowl game since it started at 11:30am

I was in Cali n august its very weird living on the other side

But we get to see shows before you

Hawk Believer
01-08-2007, 08:44 PM
But we get to see shows before you

That is a bummer when someone screws up on live TV. Most of the time if there is a screw up on the national news or SNL they sanitize it before it gets shown in our time zone.

The other thing is that sometimes shows that the press breaks results from some shows before they are on the West coast. So it yo want to see who won American Idol or Survivor, you might accidentally see the result before watching the show. Not a problem for me since I hate most reality TV.

But they used to tape delay MNF so more people out west could watch it when they got home. It took a lot of restraint not to turn on the radio or internet to find out the score. But it totally ruined a good game if you did seek out the score before watching it.

PITT23
01-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I'd love to be out on the west coast. Watching sports during breakfast would be great.

Steelerlyn
01-08-2007, 09:26 PM
I know when we were in Vegas the games came on at such a much earlier time than if we were at home in the EST. I love having a game on earlier, then you have the rest of the day to do other stuff.

House of Steel
01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
actually I voted wrong, I rather voted Pacific than Eastern.

steelcurtain09
01-08-2007, 10:43 PM
it seems tht for me mountain time would be best for me

since im catholic id already be back from Mass and be able to watch the game at 11

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Im not sure I could get used to watching NFL games at 10am :lol: I need that time sunday mornings to get ready.

Hawk Believer
01-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Im not sure I could get used to watching NFL games at 10am :lol: I need that time sunday mornings to get ready.
Waffles and the NFL go well together. :bigthumb:

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-09-2007, 12:51 AM
10 am at my favorite watering hole. Watching NFL football. Geez I might as well sleep in the bar saturday night. :lol:

AZ_Steeler
01-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Living out West has it's advantages and disadvantages... one of them is the NFL games starting early in the morning rather than in the afternoon :bigthumb: I like this because then I have the afternoon to do things with the family and if we decide to watch the SNF game then it's still over before 9 so I'm in bed early :D