PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Starter At Right Guard for 2011

Phenomenal TJ
05-25-2011, 12:26 AM
So...looking at our potential starters, I've come to realize that...well, this is a horrible position for us.

We've essentially got a lineup of Essex, Legursky, Foster and possibly Gilbert, though he's a long shot, I think if I'm going to watch a player get beat at that position, I want it to be a rookie gaining valuable experience. ,

igor0190
05-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Foster is only getting better... This is his 3rd year I believe?
He should take the RG position with authority this year. Unless of course Gilbert impresses and can play guard.

Phenomenal TJ
05-25-2011, 12:31 AM
I think Gilbert's got the versatility to play guard, but I don't know for sure what Tomlin and Kuglar want to do with him, either throw him into the mix and possibly slow his progression at tackle down by making him learn two positions, or just straight out groom him at tackle and put Foster, Legursky or Essex at guard.

Another reason the lockout needs lifted, this position truly needs a heated battle to get a legitimate starter in there.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm totally down with Foster as the Right Guard of the Steelers. He was solid, consistent, and capable all year long. He's tough and has a mean streak that you love to see in lineman. He worked great between Pouncey and Adams. I think he's got a great shot of retaining that job. The RG position is going to be a lot of fun to follow once camp and preseason gets under way.

connecticutsteel
05-25-2011, 03:13 AM
I would say legs at lft Guard at this point

K Train
05-25-2011, 10:08 AM
gilbert may get worked in, it would get his feet wet but thats not where his long term future is.

right now id say the battle is going to be a 3 way one between colon, foster, and gilbert