PDA

View Full Version : Nfl.com ranks Roethlisberger 7th best out of 25

connecticutsteel
05-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Right on the front page of nfl.com is the list Philip rivers and Eli Manning are ahead of him we just might win the super bowl after all

Callax
05-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Eli ahead of Ben.......
Nope don't think so.....
I'd take Ben EASILY!!!!!!!

Phenomenal TJ
05-24-2011, 10:46 PM
LOL Eli.

Callax
05-24-2011, 11:05 PM
LOL Eli.

refresh my memory, how many interceptions did he throw last year???? 25 (he didn't have 2 concussion, lose a game of chicken with a car and get a appendectomy...
Ben's better PERIOD

steelersbabex25
05-24-2011, 11:08 PM
WHO CARES?!

Phenomenal TJ
05-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I care. There's nothing else going on lmao.

steelersbabex25
05-24-2011, 11:52 PM
I care. There's nothing else going on lmao.

Any other conversation in the world, football or otherwise, would appeal to me more than how the NFL ranks Ben.

Phenomenal TJ
05-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Hmm.

How do you feel about the socioeconomic implications of the four major sports in America?

lol

steelersbabex25
05-25-2011, 12:15 AM
Hmm.

How do you feel about the socioeconomic implications of the four major sports in America?

lol

I don't :lol:

steeldoc
05-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Yeah, who cares. Eli? please, New Yorkers boo him as much as they cheer him. He's not even the best athlete in his family. With Ben we always have a chance, especially in clutch situations. I really think the "experts" think he's a bit of a doofus, who has a great organization behind him so he gets little props for the body of work he has accomplished. I guess he gets little credit for pulling games out of his butt when most others would fail.:dontgetit:

LatrobePA
05-25-2011, 10:13 AM
WHO CARES?!

If he didn't get accused of RAPE (twice) he'd be right up there I bet! Let's face it, people love to hate Ben....

Rampage
05-25-2011, 01:39 PM
I think Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning and Rodgers all belong in the top 5, but Rivers hasn't done ****, so I wouldn't say he should crack the top five.

Eli "Of Mice and" Manning is ahead of Roethlisberger? There's the token New York vote. He doesn't belong there. Romo the Homo is at 8? Again, what has he ever done outside of the first two thirds of any season?

Another grab *** list by the NFL.

DBR96A
05-27-2011, 06:14 PM
If he didn't get accused of RAPE (twice) he'd be right up there I bet! Let's face it, people love to hate Ben....

People loved to hate him even before the allegations. The allegations simply provided a lightning rod through which people could more easily channel their already-existing hatred of him.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Ranking Eli Manning over Ben Roethlisberger is about as intelligent as saying that the Browns are going to make the super bowl this season.

We've talked about who the best Quarterbacks in the league are many times, most of us agree that it's all about in what perspective you talk about the best. Roethlisberger is beyond a doubt a top 5 QB in the league. The only ones that should come before him are Manning and Brady, and MAYBE Rivers. I'll take Ben's experience in big game play making ability over all of them though. The only one I might consider putting ahead of him would be Brady in that regard.

Phenomenal TJ
05-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't think Rivers is above him, if it's anyone other than Brady and Manning it'd better be Rodgers or Brees, both put up top notch stats and have won a Super Bowl.

Rivers has great stats, but he's been working with so many weapons since he took over in SD and still can't do anything in the post-season.

LarryNJ
05-27-2011, 09:09 PM
I didn't see the list nor can I find it. Just because I'm bored I was wondering. Who was rated higher Flacco or Sanchez?

DanRooney
05-27-2011, 09:17 PM
There is no argument for putting Eli ahead of Ben. Ben has better stats all around plus 1 more SB ring.

connecticutsteel
05-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Flacco is 12 and Sanchez is 20 larry

steelersbabex25
05-27-2011, 10:08 PM
There is no argument for putting Eli ahead of Ben.

Yeah there is. Ben has "raped" 2 girls. That's all the argument that the "experts" at the NFL need.

jpele
05-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Ranking Eli Manning over Ben Roethlisberger is about as intelligent as saying that the Browns are going to make the super bowl this season.

Browns fans say it every year.

LarryNJ
05-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Flacco is 12 and Sanchez is 20 larry

Thanks! :)

Personally I would turn them around simply because of the post season. Although they both have won playoff games on the road, Flacco wins have come pretty much just like Bens 1st Super bowl. They won even though he sucked. Sanchez has been very impressive under the playoff pressure.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I like Sanchez's future much better than Flacco. I just don't see why the media keeps riding his jock so much. Is he above average? Sure! Putting him in the top QB's of the league like so many media experts seem to do every year just makes no sense.

Phenomenal TJ
06-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I think Sanchez and Flacco are pretty comparable. They're average, not terrible, not great, but kind of in the middle. And they're sitting there with guys like Romo, Eli, etc.

I think out of all the young QB's we saw this past year that Josh Freeman and Bradford re the ones to watch.

LarryNJ
06-03-2011, 04:00 PM
I think out of all the young QB's we saw this past year that Josh Freeman and Bradford re the ones to watch.

I only saw Freeman against the Steelers. I think Bradford is the real deal, they have him firing the ball all over the place. If and when he gets some weapons he'll be scary and miles ahead of Flacco.

andyg1984
06-03-2011, 04:04 PM
pretty obvious to me that Eli should be behind Ben .. but i'd put Rivers ahead of Ben as a pure QB ..

1. Brady/A-Rod
2. Peyton/Rivers
3. Brees/Ben
4. Vick

i'd rank them roughly in that order ..

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2011, 02:14 PM
I think Sanchez and Flacco are pretty comparable. They're average, not terrible, not great, but kind of in the middle. And they're sitting there with guys like Romo, Eli, etc.

I would put Sanchez over Flacco, I think his big game presence, even being so young just shows so much potential. So far in Flacco's career he's crumbled under the pressure.

Bradford is going to be good that's for sure. Freeman seems to still be up in the air for me, not sure how's he's going to turn out in the long run.