PDA

View Full Version : Will the steeler defense finish higher than 13th overall in pass defense this season

connecticutsteel
05-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Will they finish in the top 3 in the league next year on defense
I say they will be better than last year overall which means #1

Phenomenal TJ
05-23-2011, 04:07 AM
Depends on who the starting corners are.

Raleigh Steel
05-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Depends on who the starting corners are.

this is partly true. i think lebeau needs to change his scheme a little as well. since the league is "pass first" now,lebeau should change his scheme to stop the pass first.

we need to be more aggressive with our pass coverage, instead of relying on the pass rush to get there. too many soft coverages...if a team was patient enough (like GB) they could "8 yard out" us all day.

LatrobePA
05-23-2011, 09:48 AM
You already started a thread for this (pretty much):

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30990

connecticutsteel
05-23-2011, 10:14 AM
You already started a thread for this (pretty much):

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30990

no one is secondary and one is defensive rank

K Train
05-23-2011, 11:02 AM
i think the passrush is going to be brutally good this year, especially given the lockout, such a veteran team is gonna have an advantage of shaking off rust, so that should make even a poor secondary look solid

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
It's all about the pass rush, if that's good then it makes up for a sub par secondary as others have mentioned. Honestly we're going to have the same group returning this year as last year for the most part. The infusion of Heyward and the improved Ziggy Hood will definitely help that cause in the rotation. The starting 4 LB's should prove to be as good if not better than 2010. The 34 is about the front 7 getting to the QB, if they can do that you'll be successful.

Assuming Ike comes back and if Troy can stay healthy and Clark can not always go for the big hit and end up missing sometimes and...well you get the idea. It's all a question mark right now with that group but if they do stay middle of the pack it will be because of the secondary.

Rampage
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
This hinges on Taylor's contract, the starting corner opposite him and Polamalu's health. If Taylor is back, McFadden gets back healthy or Butler/Brown is good enough to start, and Polamalu can stay healthy, I like their odds.

connecticutsteel
05-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Imagine if we signed Ike and Asomugha with butler brown and b mac we might go 16- 0

steelersbabex25
05-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Let's just make this answer quick and easy: no.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Imagine if we signed Ike and Asomugha with butler brown and b mac we might go 16- 0

It would be a check with more zero's than the Rooney's would be willing to dish out to bring in Asomugha. Although it's a nice dream to think about, it's only a pipe dream for us Steeler fans.

connecticutsteel
05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Know doubt it was just a comment i really don't think it even is considered an option heck for all we know Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen will be the best ever nobody knows