PDA

View Full Version : Should the Steelers players be organizing more continous practices?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Ed Bouchette mentioned in one of his tweets recently and also in this article (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11142/1148046-66.stm), that Ben has organized a few workouts with some players this offseason. These though have not been ongoing that we know of for sure. Ben is getting married this summer so those plans I'm sure take up a lot of his time. We also know that guys like James Farrior have been holding workouts for the players too. None of us knows for sure how many players have been to these practices but we've heard participation has been good.

We are still only in May so right now there would be OTA's to go to but they aren't mandatory and the veterans are more than capable of staying in football shape during this time. I personally though would like to see as many players as possible continuing to work out together. It's a nice sign of unity and commitment to see them all sticking together and moving forward for when the lockout ends. I would think if the lockout extends into June and July we'll see more playes starting to get serious about getting together.

Rampage
05-22-2011, 11:54 AM
As long as they stay if football shape, I'll be happy. Just keep Hampton away from pizza and we're golden.

Callax
05-22-2011, 12:28 PM
The Steeler veterans know,how and what to do to get ready, in football condition for the approaching season
I believe that the taste of getting to the SB and losing the BIG GAME left it foul....
They will NOT leave the younger players out on thier own to "get in football shape" by theirselves (themselves??)....
I believe they will police their own to be ready and get ready for the hopefully upcoming season.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I would hope the big snack learned his lesson a couple years ago after that training camp debacle (as Cowher would say) LOL. You make a good point Rampage, and if you follow the players on Facebook and Twitter you can see posts where they talk about staying in shape and grinding to stay ready for when they can report. I guess just part of me would like to see more organized events for multiple members all together but in the end as long as they are ready it doesn't much matter how they get ready. LOL.