PDA

View Full Version : Best QB/Backup Combo in the NFL?

Phenomenal TJ
05-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Who's got the best 1-2 punch at QB?

connecticutsteel
05-22-2011, 03:40 AM
the Texans have Shaub/Orlavsky combo
Tennessee WITH YOUNG/COLLINS
New England Brady/Mallett
this isnt in any order but i will say that Brady/Mallett seems pretty good

Phenomenal TJ
05-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Vince Young's out in Tennessee, though. And Ryan Mallett hasn't played a snap at the NFL level.

Eli Manning's got David Carr backing him up in NY still, doesn't he? Unless he gets traded, Vick still has Kolb, uh...can't brainstorm anymore lol.

$teelersRule
05-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Rivers and Volek are pretty good

Callax
05-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Rivers and Volek are pretty good

I'd agree that this combo seems the better of the available choices...

K Train
05-22-2011, 01:05 PM
ben and leftwich is pretty good lol

shaun hill did pretty good for stafford

Steel Trap86
05-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Ya I'd say Ben and Leftwich might even be the best lol

Vick and Kolb are good, Kolb not really though

Rivers and Volek

lol @ Mallet

Phenomenal TJ
05-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Volek's a free agent apparently.

Same n Baltimore with Flacco/Bulger.

Kinda glad I didn't start writing something up about this yet lmao. Though, Brady's actual backup Hoyer isn't terrible.

LatrobePA
05-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Philly at the moment...

Vick, Kolb...

connecticutsteel
05-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Seattle Whitehurst, Hasselbeck combo

Callax
05-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Seattle Whitehurst, Hasselbeck combo

Hasselbeck is a FA and seattle wants to bring him back.... not sure he wants to return. He might try to head for a team needing short term starter cleveland?

K Train
05-22-2011, 03:44 PM
having kolb as a backup isnt any better than having stanton or trent edwards, the dude has played in a few games and really the only reason vick got the job was because kolb was pretty terrible and then got hurt. i dont know where kolb always picks up this momentum as the future of some team and having such great trade value and i just dont see it.

anyway mcnabb/grossman is pretty good too

Phenomenal TJ
05-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Kolb got his momentum two years ago, when he played two games and threw for 600 some yards between them. I don't see it either, but I understand how flashes of brilliance can entice teams seeking a starter.

Orton/Tebow? lol.

Rampage
05-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Cardinals. Derek Anderson, Max Hall and John Skelton. That there is a HoF lineup.

Steel Trap86
05-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Shaub, Leinhart & Orlovski is okay too. I'm pretty sure Detroit had 2nd and 3rd stringers playing last season and I thought both of them did fairly well.

Cardinals. Derek Anderson, Max Hall and John Skelton. That there is a HoF lineup.

just awful...I hope Fitz leaves.

Zachintosh66
05-22-2011, 07:41 PM
no clear cut winner here

cambell/gradkowski in oak... niether is a barn burner, but not bad
sanchez/brunell... even tho sanchez is one of the most overrated players in the league IMO (Flaco too)
what about alex smith/troy smith
orton/tebow :stirpot:
last year farve/t jack, but brett is gone, finally
rodgers/flynn perhaps

honestly 2 leading canidates would have to be:
vick/kolb - although kolb will be gone asap
ben/leftwich

LatrobePA
05-22-2011, 08:39 PM

I just pissed myself!lol

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2011, 12:22 AM
I think the Steelers have honestly had one of the best Starter/Backup combos for a long time now. They've had Ben there for 7 seasons now and Batch has been there all along the way. Now recently Byron Leftwich has been able to step in and we're lucky to have him. Nobody can replace the starter on an NFL team (unless you're somebody like the Cardinals or Browns) but generally speaking..LOL..the Steelers are fortunate to have solid reserves available.