PDA

View Full Version : Latest Rumor: Capers to Miami in 2007..Cowher in 2008

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Just watching Stan Savaran on sportsbeat, and the latest rumor is that the dolphins are considering hiringformer Steelers defensive coordinator Dom Capers as an interim head coach for 2007, then going after Cowher in 2008 !

You heard it here first, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Blitzburgh55
01-08-2007, 06:43 PM
already heard it but there will be 1000 rumors wit Bill in them

AZ_Steeler
01-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I will believe it when I see it!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Normally I dont pay much attention to rumors but if Stan says it, then I'll tend to pay more attention than if many other media outlets come out with it.

K Train
01-08-2007, 07:27 PM
cowher is gonna make a TON of money whenevr he decides to come back...i hope him the best, but i want him to remember that when you play my steelers....I HATE YOU

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Just watching Stan Savaran on sportsbeat, and the latest rumor is that the dolphins are considering hiringformer Steelers defensive coordinator Dom Capers as an interim head coach for 2007, then going after Cowher in 2008 !

I heard that on Sportsbeat also. Man I don't know what I would do without Directv. I get to see the Steelers and Fox sports Pittsburgh. :tt02:

As for the rumors I don't know if I can see Cowher with the Dolphins. But you know the saying money talks and bull#### walks.

DIESELMAN
01-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Huizenga has got some deep pockets so I wouldn't doubt that as a possibility. IMO the Dolphins need a offensive minded coach, the past 3 they've had have been defensive and we see where that got them.

PITT23
01-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah they are saying that Cowher could he a "consultant" this year and then be HC in 2008.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2007, 08:06 PM
If BC is smart, he stays away from football in 2007 entirely. He's already stated he wants to be with his family more, etc. If goes and starts being a consultant or something to do with football this coming season people will start to questions his movtives and his word in general.

Aunkster
01-08-2007, 09:12 PM
If BC is smart, he stays away from football in 2007 entirely. He's already stated he wants to be with his family more, etc. If goes and starts being a consultant or something to do with football this coming season people will start to questions his movtives and his word in general.

Amen brother

Ambridge
01-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Being that Bill is still under contract or considered property of the Steelers I believe that would also exclude from being a Consultant or having anything to do with football for another team.

The disturbing situation that I've read in at least two articles is that the Browns will be going hot and heavy after Bill Cowher if Romeo Crennel doesn't start to straigthten things out in Cleveland next year.

If Bill Cowher went to Cleveland in 2008 something tells me his Iconic image in Pittsburgh gets blown out of the water and a lot of fans would end up hating him.