PDA

View Full Version : Fair To Say That...

PITT23
01-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Is it a given that we can't keep both Grimm and Whiz? If we hire one then the other will go to another HC job? And if we hire someone totally out of the organization will they both leave?

Or is there actually some reason to think they could both stay?

Blitzburgh55
01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Only one interviewing Grimm is the cards right but Whiz is def HC or gone

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
It's completely possible to see both of them back here with us in 2007.

Just because Grimm and Whiz are getting interviews doesn't mean that they will be offered jobs. Remember they both have interviewed for HC jobs the last 3 years and weren't offered any of them or if they were they turned them down.

If Grimm gets hired on, don't be surprised to see Whiz back with us in 2007. If Whiz gets hired on, Grimm could be back with us too.

AZ_Steeler
01-08-2007, 07:43 PM
IMO, the likely scenario to get them both back is if Whiz becomes the HC only because he is getting far too many interview right now and someone will likely want to snag him up.

PITT23
01-08-2007, 07:46 PM
I figured Whiz was definitely going to Atl. but now that that opening is done then I guess it leaves a bigger chance that he'll stay here.

Steelerlyn
01-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I would say Whiz has the edge.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Whiz got several interviews over the last couple years and right after our SB win too. Obviously those teams are feeling he's not the right man for the job.

He is liable to be snatched up though but his chances are less this year I would think mainly because we struggled alot for 2/3 of the season. Then again, it's a crazy league so anything can happen.

Koopa
01-08-2007, 11:40 PM
or maybe he's turning them down waiting for the right job :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2007, 12:51 AM
That could very well be. Maybe he's holding out to try and land our job, and he's finding that there just isn't any owners in the league that compare to the Rooneys.

BBG7
01-09-2007, 10:24 AM
That was kindof what I thought he was doing. I think he knew that this job was going to be open when he was interviewing last year. I think the Raiders offered him a job, but who would want to coach there knowing that they probably he would probably only have a year or so there, and I do believe he knew that there was a good possiblitiy that Cowher would resign and he may get the opportunity to coach with a team like the Steelers who don't just fire coaches left and right.

PITT23
01-10-2007, 05:11 PM
This answers my question pretty much:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2726263