PDA

View Full Version : Should the steelers pursue Le'Ron Mc'lain

connecticutsteel
05-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Keeping in mind the recent Twitter bombs by Rashard Mendenhall could the steelers trade Mendenhall and sign Mc'lain who is a free agent he's only 26 he may be a better fit for the Steelers in the mold of the Bus he is fresh too having only 314 carries IN 4 seasons Mendenhall has 585 in 3

Zachintosh66
05-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Mendy is way more explosive...

connecticutsteel
05-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Mendy is way more explosive...

Explosive yes however his fumbleitus has returned and i don't know if he will be able to take a pounding Mc'lain is stocky and runs with a low center of gravity

Rampage
05-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Definitely not. Mendenhall had a couple costly fumbles in the playoffs; however, I still don't place all the blame on him for the one in the Super Bowl. If your blockers let you get stood up by a nose tackle and linebacker, there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

I think McClain is a good runner, but I would not be interested in getting rid of Mendenhall to pursue him. Mendenhall has shown that he's a very capable RB and I liked how soft his hands looked towards the end of the season. Bolster than o-line and I think he'll do very well.

K Train
05-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Explosive yes however his fumbleitus has returned and i don't know if he will be able to take a pounding Mc'lain is stocky and runs with a low center of gravity

yeah lets trade him cause hes religeous and commented on bin laden on twitter....thats gonna equal success.

mcclain is ok but hes not great. that would be an irrational plan.

and lol at fumblitis....give me a break

andyg1984
05-19-2011, 01:38 PM
im usually pretty respectful, but this is one of the most retarted things i have ever read in my life

Phenomenal TJ
05-19-2011, 03:00 PM
He has like 3 fumbles in his career..lol

Zachintosh66
05-19-2011, 03:17 PM
We wouldnt trade inside our own div either

connecticutsteel
05-19-2011, 04:13 PM
we aren't trading with the ravens he's a free agent

--- Added 5/19/2011 at 02:13 PM ---

look im just trying to generate debate if you think its is stupid dont reply

K Train
05-19-2011, 04:19 PM
only ravens i truly want in a steeler uniform are gaither (or ngata lol)

JollyRob68
05-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Remember that Mendenhall was just a kid when 911 happened. So his view shouldn't shock anyone. He was a kid that didn't understand how a plane could take down a tower. Thats not so irrational. NOT TRADING MENDENHALL

connecticutsteel
05-19-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't want to trade mendenhall either just because i started a thread that suggests a trade doesn't mean i want to and the comment about twitter was a response to the Rooney's strong reaction to the remarks they don't like bad press and considering the Roethlisberger stuff the year prior makes them them even more intolerent

Blazedby92
05-19-2011, 05:58 PM
He had a good year two seasons ago, no way you trade him or replace Mendy with McClain.
Mendy doesn't fumble much anymore but he has had more then 3 fumbles though and at the wrong time too, NO WAY

Callax
05-19-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd like to get McClain here
but not in lieu of Mendy that would be a step backward

ALL OF US have said something DUMB in our life, but as the starting running back of The Pittsburgh Steelers your opinion will be heard by ALOT more people than anyone of us will ever know... Twitter is something these athletes should use WITH discretion!!!

I would not have a twitter account if I was a football player, It is WAY TOO EASY to get in hot water
ex: Mendy chad ocho stinko tony sanchez of the AA Altoona Curve (MLB) got a 1 game suspension for tweeting about the umpiring of a game which they lost
Twitter is too damn easy to get in trouble with

andyg1984
05-20-2011, 12:22 AM
only ravens i truly want in a steeler uniform are gaither (or ngata lol)

i will take cody ..

connecticutsteel
05-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Mc'lain and Mendenhall dump redman keep dwyer and batch

Phenomenal TJ
05-20-2011, 02:20 AM
You know what I'd prefer? If the Steelers had selected Chris Johnson instead.

K Train
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
You know what I'd prefer? If the Steelers had selected Chris Johnson instead.
its like "they should have drafted revis" in that he wants to be the clearly highest paid at his position (imo hes not even close to the talent of peterson) and im not sure they would be willing to do that.

also its very easy to say they should have drafted him, but out of ECU he was not a great prospect and was a massive reach in the first round, many had him as a late second/early third poor mans reggie bush. he went to an ideal situation and that 40 time blasted him to the first round, but he wasnt farrrrrrrrrrr from a cant miss back. that year i liked stewart, mendenhall, rice, mcfadden, and charles more by a wide margin (sick class though right?)