PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers have three of the top 25 touchdown plays in nfl history

connecticutsteel
05-18-2011, 03:10 PM
#1 The immaculate reception
#6 Harrison's 100yrd pick
#8 Santonio Holmes' catch to cap the drive in SB 43

according to Bleacher reports 25 most ridiculous touchdown plays list.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2011, 04:20 PM
The immaculate reception will be forever remembered as one of the best if not the best play. It's iconic and to date really hasn't been topped.

Harrison touchdown run and Holmes' super bowl catch are definitely up there as well. I still get chills thinking about those plays, and always will.

LatrobePA
05-18-2011, 04:27 PM
The immaculate reception will be forever remembered as one of the best if not the best play. It's iconic and to date really hasn't been topped.

Harrison touchdown run and Holmes' super bowl catch are definitely up there as well. I still get chills thinking about those plays, and always will.

Yes sir!:cope:

Callax
05-18-2011, 04:55 PM
There should have been ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT THE IMMACULATE RECEPTION IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE NUMBER ~1!!!!!!!

Harrison's return was also incredible and extremely pleased it is in the top ten!!!

Same with Holmes' catch!!!
It was great to see both these plays come in the SB THAT WE WON!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Isn't it interesting that most of the Steelers key plays in playoffs or Super Bowls are called either "the immaculate" something or the "the" something. ;)

The immaculate reception
The immaculate interception
The immaculate drive (Super Bowl XLIII final TD drive)
The Tackle (Roethlisberger's tackle in the Colts playoff game heading into Super Bowl XL)

There will always be one Immaculate Reception though, bar none!

steelersgal86
05-19-2011, 11:52 AM

:iagree: We need another Superbowl win :woot:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2011, 11:10 PM
I would venture a guess that the next Super Bowl that the Steelers do win there will be a defining play at some point in the post season or that Super Bowl that will go down in history.