PDA

View Full Version : If Ben Roethisberger is found lible in court is he subject to further dicipline?

connecticutsteel
05-15-2011, 03:55 PM
I really hope not if he is suspended again he won't be a Steeler he'll be a Cardinal LORD FORBID!:evilshake::banging::nono:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Let's squash any rumors before they get started. The Steelers are not going to discipline Ben again for this, he's already paid his dues in that regard. This is not a new case, it's an existing one from a couple years ago. If anything even comes of it, which is unlikely according to most at this point.

Phenomenal TJ
05-15-2011, 06:21 PM
NFL double jeopardy?

Farrior Fan
05-15-2011, 07:55 PM
I would not be suprised if Goodell threw another 4 game suspension at him if he was found guilty of anything major.

The good news is that their case looks very weak. Only reason they are bringing it is because Ben has big $$$

lloydfan4life
05-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Let's squash any rumors before they get started. The Steelers are not going to discipline Ben again for this, he's already paid his dues in that regard. This is not a new case, it's an existing one from a couple years ago. If anything even comes of it, which is unlikely according to most at this point.

:yesnod: This.

This is a civil case, not a criminal one. It's only because this woman is trying to get some $$ from Ben.

Phenomenal TJ
05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
It doesn't have to be a criminal case for Goodell to do something about it though.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-16-2011, 12:14 AM
I would hope that Goodell would realize that Ben has served his punishment for past issues. Bringing another one down on him would be in very poor judgment...not that that every stopped him before though.

connecticutsteel
05-16-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm not starting rumors i just think that even though Ben didn't put him self in good situation by suspending him for four games and then refusing to reduce it after he complied to all stipulations put on him makes me trust Goodell even less their are players that have done far worse things and been convicted of crimes that have been let off the hook completely. the Patriots weren't even really punished for cheating but Ben gets a hard four games.Bill Belichick should have been ban for at least a year if not for life for directly affecting the outcomes of games. I'm tired of the disproportionate justice doled out by the commissioner.