PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Targeting Vinatieri?

SteelDad
05-11-2011, 01:24 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/283330-steelers-may-target-vinatieri?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a4

A. Why would a future hall of famer want to come kick in the toughest place in the league to kick at?

B. His price tag would be way too much for us to consider paying a kicker.

Just IMO of course.

K Train
05-11-2011, 01:30 PM
interesting. id be for it

and his price tag wouldnt be that extreme...maybe high for a kicker but they franchised jeff reed for christ sake, kickers make pennies compared to other positions and even the franchise tag shows that

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2011, 01:33 PM
He might not be as expensive as he once was. I'd definitely like to see him come here. He's as clutch as it gets.

Sent from BRC's Droid X

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I would honestly be surprised if he wanted to leave the Colts. I'm sure he likes kicking in a dome as often as possible. If he did leave for whatever reason though, I'd be all for him coming here. The Steelers will pay kickers if they think they are good enough.

Zachintosh66
05-11-2011, 02:46 PM
no thanks

acero
05-11-2011, 02:47 PM
dont bring an ex patriot to the steelers please

SteelDad
05-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I would honestly be surprised if he wanted to leave the Colts. I'm sure he likes kicking in a dome as often as possible. If he did leave for whatever reason though, I'd be all for him coming here. The Steelers will pay kickers if they think they are good enough.

Agreed. Not sure why he would want to leave Indy and the friendly confines of domed comfort.

I see what ktrain is saying about paying kickers, but my argument would simply be his age compared to what he might ask for money-wise.

K Train
05-11-2011, 02:58 PM
kickers are ageless wonders.....hes been banged up the last 2 years which could be a concern but hes made a hell of alot of kicks at heinz field when the patriots were continually slaying the steelers in january and hes used to kicking in foxboro. you never really appreciate a reliable kicker until you dont have one

connecticutsteel
05-11-2011, 03:22 PM
He might be worth a shot but i don't think it will happen for whatever reason

Big T
05-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Out of all the kicks he's made in his career, every time I think of Vinatieri, the one burned into my head is his 29-yard shank under 2 min when the colts were down 23-21 in 07 against San Diego. That was the same game Peyton Manning through 6 picks, 3 to Antonio Cromartie...Dont ask why that's the I've I think of lol.

Real Deal Steel
05-11-2011, 10:57 PM
NO. The kicker we have is good enough.