PDA

View Full Version : Nfl analyst Daryl" Moose" johnston says Cam Heyward is a 3rd rd pick

connecticutsteel
05-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Moose gave the Steelers a C+for their 2011 draft grade and called Cam Heyward a late second round early third round pick but then again is this really surprising coming from a ex Cowboyhttp://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d81fc621f/AFC-North-draft-grades

--- Added 5/11/2011 at 12:49 AM ---

cant get the link to work

K Train
05-11-2011, 10:15 AM
laughable. the dude would have been top 15 if he didnt hurt his elbow

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Because anybody cares what Moose Johnston thinks; I love these "experts" that know everything. The Steelers never get high draft grades from anyone, because they don't go into drafts every year needing to get that much help. They draft for depth and for the best player available that fits their team. Generally speaking if a team gets a high draft grade, it's because they sucked or were at best mediocre the previous year. They needed help in a lot of areas so they draft big name players and all of the sudden they are the best thing since sliced bread.

The only exception to that rule is New England because they are the golden boys of the NFL and can do no wrong, ever.

K Train
05-11-2011, 10:37 AM
The Steelers never get high draft grades from anyone, .

thats just not true...i totally gave them a high grade. lol

its tough to have flashy drafts when you pick in the back 10 every year and dont have any glaring holes that need to be fixed before you can even compete.

as far as the patriots go i agree but i also think its idiotic that the rest of the teams allow them to do the kind of trading and manipulating they do...usually the rich get richer but they actually had a pretty poor draft this year imo outside of dowling who just wont be fair with mcourty on the same field

coldrolled
05-11-2011, 10:53 AM
jamie dukes said right after that, daryl needs to get over his dallas steelers grudge and dukes said he gives the steelers an A all day for the draft....

does it matter? you can watch NFL all day and never see a good overview of anything steelers... we are so far under the radar we are like a UFL team. it is laughable..

3 super bowls in 6 years and we are a non factor every year on any sports station.
rooney must not donate to the right organizations or its just that we have no cheerleaders.

SteelDad
05-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Moose + Cowboys + cocaine use (allegedly:stirpot:) = total idiot.

LatrobePA
05-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Moose + Cowboys + cocaine use (allegedly:stirpot:) = total idiot.

He's a major doucher!! I wouldn't lose sleep over anything he says!

SteelDad
05-11-2011, 02:53 PM
He's a major doucher!! I wouldn't lose sleep over anything he says!

Friend of mine was a special-teamer for the cowgirls during their second SB win over Buffalo. He said Moose was in just as deep as Irvin and some others during the "white house" days.

connecticutsteel
05-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I agree that nobody cares what Moose says it was the fact that he said it and imo made a fool of himself

Black@Gold Forever32
05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Every expert, site, anything related to the pre-draft process had Heyward as a first round prospect.......But Moose thinks otherwise....lol What a D-Bag........lol All I have to say.......

LatrobePA
05-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I agree that nobody cares what Moose says it was the fact that he said it and imo made a fool of himself

Won't be the last...

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2011, 06:57 PM
jamie dukes said right after that, daryl needs to get over his dallas steelers grudge and dukes said he gives the steelers an A all day for the draft....

does it matter? you can watch NFL all day and never see a good overview of anything steelers... we are so far under the radar we are like a UFL team. it is laughable..

3 super bowls in 6 years and we are a non factor every year on any sports station.
rooney must not donate to the right organizations or its just that we have no cheerleaders.

I like being under the radar, the lower the expectations the better we look when we own the AFC and hopefully get back to the Super Bowl.

There's no NFL front office, even the most moronic out there that would mistake a 1st round prospect for a 3rd round. Well maybe the Bengals but :D

Real Deal Steel
05-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Moose Johnson is a boot licking fool and he doesn't deserve to grade anything the Steelers organazation does because he is just like all Cowboy and 49er fans...jelous because we have more rings then them.

I just love how the deadcows implode every year anyway.

ItalianSteel
05-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Media "draft experts" opinions vs. Steelers franchise proven track record of drafting......

I'm going Steelers on this one.

And Moose's opinion is probably less meaningful than the other idiots.

Lunchbucket
05-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Expert ,Smeckspert,..........Who cares what Moose thinks?........I love us being under the radar.

Callax
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
What do you expect from a Phyllas errrr Dallas Cryboy
AKA Steeler hater
He wishes his organization is as well run as ours
in playoffs nearly every year
USUALLY few problem players

Rampage
05-13-2011, 01:02 PM
For someone called Moose, he sure is a horse's ***. Who cares what this guy thinks? Unless he can talk about the Cowboys being the greatest team in the league, he talks negatively about everyone else.

jnes1216
05-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I saw this segment with Moose on nfl network and he stated that "by talking to others, he was getting mixed reviews about Cam Heyward and some speculated that he may be a late 2nd , early 3rd." So basicallly he never watched him and formed his own opinion, he just regurgitated some views that other GM's saw, etc. Some expert, this guy just bought the mel kiper cliff notes and called it good.