PDA

View Full Version : Interview With Cortez Allen

Phenomenal TJ
05-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I recently had the pleasure of calling the Pittsburgh Steelers fourth round selection, Cortez Allen, who played his college football at The Citadel. It was definitely a pleasure to speak with him, and I’d like to not only thank him, but thank his agent Shawn, and the company that represents him – XAM Sports. They’ve quickly become friends of mine with their ‘Steelers fans first’ attitude and the general accessibility of their personnel and clients.

Read the rest here. (http://www.steelerschronicle.com/2011/05/pittsburgh-steelers-rookie-cortez-allen-goes-one-on-one-with-steelers-chronicle.html/)

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Great stuff TJ, thanks for posting it up for us. Shawn at XAM is very cool and very willing to help the fans get to know their clients.

I'm currently working with them on one for Cortez and also hoping for Baron Batch.

Phenomenal TJ
05-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Shawn's a girl. ;)

Black@Gold Forever32
05-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Cortez seems like a grounded individual and I'm rooting for him to be great......Steelers need help in the secondary......

jpele
05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Shawn's a girl. ;)

OOPS ! Nice article TJ ,keep up the good work.

Phenomenal TJ
05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks y'all. It was a lot of fun talking with him. He's a pretty funny guy as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Shawn's a girl. ;)

LOL really? I've exchanged many emails but her and apparently never knew..not that I was asking either. LOL

Phenomenal TJ
05-05-2011, 05:26 PM
lol as far as I can tell from the Twitter handle/picture ;)

connecticutsteel
05-07-2011, 08:09 PM
i know that if you are immature or have any issues at all you wont make it at the citidel or any military academy for that matter so the fact that he chose citidel without a commitment shows his maturity also if u watch the video of c lake at the press conference he is raving about him

Farrior Fan
05-08-2011, 03:12 PM
He is really raw for a 4th round pick and CB is one of those positions that takes huge amounts of film study. Being a disciplined guy from the Citadel will help him greatly in this regard. I hope we see him starting in a couple of years, he certainly has the size to be a stud.

Real Deal Steel
05-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Cortez seems like a grounded individual and I'm rooting for him to be great......Steelers need help in the secondary......

And we need it now!

coldrolled
05-09-2011, 12:03 PM
He is really raw for a 4th round pick and CB is one of those positions that takes huge amounts of film study. Being a disciplined guy from the Citadel will help him greatly in this regard. I hope we see him starting in a couple of years, he certainly has the size to be a stud.

couple of years to be better than gay, lewis, mcfadden... a couple of pre season games sounds better.

K Train
05-09-2011, 12:09 PM
he could end up being better than lewis but i doubt it as far as mcfadden and gay go...to me hes a madison replacement, his CB future is probably pretty limited

coldrolled
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
he could end up being better than lewis but i doubt it as far as mcfadden and gay go...to me hes a madison replacement, his CB future is probably pretty limited

i hope your wrong because the AFCN is loading up to air it out.

then we really need NA or Joseph

K Train
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
andy dalton to aj green and jerome simpson just doesnt scare me

colt mccoy to greg little and a bunch of #3 guys doesnt scare me

flacco to boldin and torrey smith is nice...but harldy world beaters

the guys we have are solid contributors and have played against tougher opponenets than the AFC norths new guys....the superbowl has everyone really worried about the defense and i dont really get it. great pass rusher got better, NB got upgraded with a potential starter in curtis brown. dalton and mccoy are career backups though, thats what the ohio teams are banking on...backup QBs. steelers will be fine

coldrolled
05-09-2011, 01:35 PM
andy dalton to aj green and jerome simpson just doesnt scare me

colt mccoy to greg little and a bunch of #3 guys doesnt scare me

flacco to boldin and torrey smith is nice...but harldy world beaters

the guys we have are solid contributors and have played against tougher opponenets than the AFC norths new guys....the superbowl has everyone really worried about the defense and i dont really get it. great pass rusher got better, NB got upgraded with a potential starter in curtis brown. dalton and mccoy are career backups though, thats what the ohio teams are banking on...backup QBs. steelers will be fine

we know theres tougher passing teams out there, they kicked our butts last year, but the AFCN is not getting worse. plus if palmer is replaced by anyone the bengals will be better. we need to be sure we have the CB's ready to go this year.

i can see heyward opening holes for sylvester but will either play?... faster ILB blitzes would help out the CB's for sure. the future looks bright.

Real Deal Steel
05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Look..

You can't underestimate what Torrey Smith will bring to the Ravens. Because when you do that's when it bites you in the ***. The Ravens are trying to attack our secondary and we have to answer. We need to bring in an experienced CB from free agency. Period. This is a copy cat league and you can bet that after what happened to us in the Super Bowl, every team is going to try and go 3-4 wide on us more then we've seen in a long time.

connecticutsteel
05-09-2011, 11:12 PM
flacco isnt all that the ravens reached the playoffs because of there defense lets not get it twisted he has shown flashes but not steady greatness im not worried about the ratbirds i think clevland will be markedly better than last year

--- Added 5/9/2011 at 09:12 PM ---

cortez allen will play corner not all special teams maybe not corner this year but eventually he will be a nickel or dime guy special teams to start with