PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall Twitter about Bin Laden... 5/4, Mendenhall explains intentions.

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Thoughts??

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-rashard-mendenhall-questions-on-twitter-reaction-to-bin-laden-news-and-911-events-050211

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2011, 09:57 AM
I saw his tweets as soon as the news started breaking, the #steelers timeline that I normally follow was blowing up with everyone excited and rejoicing about what happened. All the usual peeps that I tweet with thought it was a bit odd too.

Obviously he's entitled to his opinion, and it sounds to be that he is really into the conspiracy theorist line of thinking. That's fine, I'm not judging him for that, but I do think it's a bit odd that he would stand up for a dude like Bin Laden.

I also saw a lot of tweets about those concerned that so many were celebrating the death of another human being. Regardless of what side of the fence you are on, I'll agree that it seemed odd what Mendy tweeted up.

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 10:04 AM
You're right it's a to each their own thing, I'm just not a huge fan of posting on twitter....

StlersGuy
05-03-2011, 10:30 AM
You're right it's a to each their own thing, I'm just not a huge fan of posting on twitter....

I'm with you to each there own. I too not a twitter fan I do have an account but dont use it that much.

Sent from my Droid on the now network!

DanRooney
05-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm not a fan of celebrating anyone's death. The guy was a terrorist and killed many innocent people, but us parading in the streets after the fact just makes us look as foolish as the radical Muslims who did the same thing on 9/11.

Mike Tomlin
05-03-2011, 10:34 AM
In a way I feel like Rashard because I just couldn't see myself celebrating the fact that a human was killed. Even though he was the mastermind behind a lot of deaths him being killed brings no one back and I don't feel it calls for me to celebrate. His life was not equal to all those he killed and he didn't die as horible as they did so where is the victory?

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I have no problems with how he feels, and he (you all) make very good points, I guess my beef is with twitter and how the media will twist it (or anything for that matter).

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2011, 10:54 AM
At it's peak, there were over 5,100 tweets going off every second about Bin Ladens death. Most were happy Osama was dead, many posting up jokes about it, others were posting up photo's of him, pretty much everything you can think of.

Twitter can't possibly monitor their traffic so pretty much whatever you can think of can be tweeted out to the world instantly. Especially for celebrities like Mendenhall who have hundreds of thousands of followers, if not millions, you can just imagine how quickly the word spreads all over the world.

I think some people are probably taking it out of context in thinking that is he is some radical, terrorist, supporter because of what he tweeted up. None of us know him personally but I'd be willing to bet he just wanted to try and make people think about what happened. Celebrating death is a touchy subject. Perhaps he feels that things like 9/11 and the Bin Laden terrorist attacks are government cover ups. Who knows ( and let's not turn this into a political thing ).

Either way if he wanted to stir the pot, he certainly accomplished that. LOL

SteelCityKid5
05-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Twitter is where everyone can see it and now hes is going to be judged solely on these comments as a human being. He is currently a trending topic on Twitter. People are saying Rashard should be deported and should die. Some even went as far as calling Rashard himself a terrorist. I can see what he means by celebrating death but I think he should have just kept that to himself because it paints another bad image on the Steelers whether we as fans like it or not.

coldrolled
05-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Statement by Steelers President Art Rooney II on Rashard Mendenhall Tweets

“I have not spoken with Rashard so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments. The entire Steelers’ organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon.”

Raleigh Steel
05-03-2011, 11:04 AM
first the "i'm a slave because i play in the nfl" and now this? sorry, but i'm done with him. wouldn't care one bit if the steelers cut ties with him, even though they won't. i'm all for freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean i have to like what he said either...that's my right as well.

what these statements that he's made during the off-season says to me is that he's a mental midget. and i'd rather not have to cheer for somebody like him. those are my thoughts and feelings on it. you can disagree with me on them and that's fine too.

K Train
05-03-2011, 11:08 AM
everyone can have their own opinion, keep in mind a lot of these guys are pretty uneducated for former college students and if he wants to believe conspiracy theories brought to light by guys like michael moore and other documentaries i really dont care.

cant hate on a guy for having his own opinion about what really happened

K Train
05-03-2011, 11:10 AM
first the "i'm a slave because i play in the nfl" and now this? sorry, but i'm done with him.

lol this is insane reasoning to be done with a player

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Rooney says Mendenhall's comments hard to comprehend

Tuesday, May 03, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers president Art Rooney II said this morning that halfback Rashard Mendenhall's comments about 9/11 and Osama bin Laden's death were hard to comprehend.

"I have not spoken with Rashard so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments," Rooney said in a statement released by the Steelers this morning. "The entire Steelers' organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon."

Among Mendenhall's series of Tweets about 9/11 Monday evening:

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style"

"I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."

"Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves."

"For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn in hell . . . I ask how would God feel about your heart?"

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11123/1143779-100.stm#ixzz1LIc44gEt

SteelDad
05-03-2011, 11:23 AM
The most important free speech in our country is the speech we like least and we cannot take this for granted. We have the right to disagree with our president, our government, our judges, etc. without fear of penalty and this is something that very few people in the world have. I do not agree with what Mendy is saying, but I will always fight for his right to say it.

coldrolled
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM
lol this is insane reasoning to be done with a player

i still read mendy as meaning to say.. you put each black guy on the block, check his teeth, bones, muscles, speed., size and is sold to the highest bidder.

he is right it parallels slavery... in the purchasing process, not the work for free issue... thats obvious their millionaires.. ... think a bit logically it makes sense.

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Certainly don't want this thread getting out of control (which it could very easily), he has said some things via twitter that I personally think he should of avoided..

The slave thing is a weird one that I don't even want to touch.

JensK
05-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I couldn't care less about what he thinks about the world. He is entitled to that just as everyone else. Its not even all that outrageous what he is stating. The world is kinda off when you feel like celebrating death. The 9/11 thing is just dumb though.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Don't forget too, Ryan Clark started the whole NFL & Slavery thing. The fact that Mendenhall adds fuel to that fire just makes it all the worse.

He has every right to feel any way he chooses, and to some degree I see where the players might feel like "slaves" so to speak in these labor talks. However, it's not like the players have to stay anywhere or take a certain amount of money. They are free to sign with whoever they want once their initial contract is up. It's hardly poverty wages or otherwise a case where they can't leave if they want too.

I'd hate to be the Steelers PR department that's for sure.

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 12:53 PM
With all due respect to you twitter diehards, I personally think it's gay, times were much better without this high tech way to make an *** of yourself!

DIESELMAN
05-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I personally celebrated and made a toast to all the people who died on 9/11 when Bin Ladens death was announced. I seriously doubt anyone considers Osama a human being, everyone was celebrating the death of a monster and I am sure it brought some closure to some people. Granted his death will not bring anyones loved ones back but this can only help with the healing process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Tomlin
05-03-2011, 01:32 PM
With all due respect to you twitter diehards, I personally think it's gay, times were much better without this high tech way to make an *** of yourself! Yeah I never had or wanted a tweeter account. I could care less what a celebrities do with their free time. Just like facebook people put there whole life out there.

I do consider Osama a human being, I don't like the human he became but that doesn't make him any less human. I'm a strong believer in what you do will always come back to you in this life or the next. Believe me he will get his and I feel no one can make him pay more than God. Me personally I feel like celebrating his death falls right into his hands , because instead of raising the name of the people he hurt all you hear is his name.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-03-2011, 01:35 PM
When Mendenhall scores his first TD this year (if there is a season) most upset with him will forget that he made these foolish comments....

I agree with Latrobe that twitter sucks.....I have a twitter account but I think I used it for one day.....lol Never went on there again......lol

The slavery comments by far are the most stupid....White players also are up there in their underwear being poked and prodded to.....Plus the African American players are not being whipped, lynched or having to go through any of the other terrible things their ancestors who were slaves had to go through......Plus they're making millions.......

As for 9/11 he is entitled to his opinion and if he thinks its wrong for people to celebrate death even if its somebody evil like Osama Bin Laden then he has that right.......But he also should be prepared to deal with some kind of back lash from some fans.....

The lock out is causing me to be done with the NFL not stupid comments by NFL players.....lol

Rampage
05-03-2011, 01:49 PM
9/11 conspiracy, huh? Does this mean that Mendenhall has his helmet lined with tin foil?

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 02:36 PM
9/11 conspiracy, huh? Does this mean that Mendenhall has his helmet lined with tin foil?

No but his hands are lined with Vasoline at times, hahahahahahha!!

Joking here, I actually like him a lot!! Just would rather he kept off Twitter!!

K Train
05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
twitter is stupid, but whats even more stupid is how butt-hurt people get about other peoples tweets. like this is causing a legit uproar for no reason

tburg68
05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
If Mendenhall truly believes what he posted on Twitter, then he's an idiot.

That being said, the Steelers need to get him the ball 25 times a game.

I don't care about players personal lives. Perform on the field, that is all I care about.

Carry on.

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 02:54 PM
If Mendenhall truly believes what he posted on Twitter, then he's an idiot.

That being said, the Steelers need to get him the ball 25 times a game.

I don't care about players personal lives. Perform on the field, that is all I care about.

Carry on.

LOL, it's the same with celebs, I could care a less Justin Bieber is sitting at an airport waiting on a plane...

Like you said do your damn job and if you must tweet use a fake name!!

SteelDad
05-03-2011, 02:56 PM
With all due respect to you twitter diehards, I personally think it's gay, times were much better without this high tech way to make an *** of yourself!

I take no offense Latrobe, I just think comments like these would have gotten out one way or the other.

HUNT4SEVEN
05-03-2011, 03:09 PM
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free...

andyg1984
05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
mendenhall may be entitled to his own opinion even if it is retarted, i just wish he would keep it off his twitter stuff because what he says people associate with the Steelers, whether its logical or not ..

Mike Tomlin
05-03-2011, 03:47 PM
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free... Well put!

RIVERS OF STEEL
05-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Functional illiteracy at its' best. Play ball.

Oh, by the way, every nfl player (white, black and in between) is a commodity to bought traded or sold (or tossed aside like rotted cabbage) to the highest bidder. If you want to be a player in the EN EFF ELL and don't like this in the year 2011 go get a fukn job at miky d's place.

Rampage
05-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Functional illiteracy at its' best. Play ball.

Oh, by the way, every nfl player (white, black and in between) is a commodity to bought traded or sold (or tossed aside like rotted cabbage) to the highest bidder. If you want to be a player in the EN EFF ELL and don't like this in the year 2011 go get a fukn job at miky d's place.

Yeah, I don't recall reading about many plantation slaves reporting annual incomes exceeding poor quality food and shelter. As highly as they regard themselves, football players are not a highly skilled labor force: They exist for entertainment purposes. Wonder how many of these guys would be millionaires without football? :thinking:

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Wonder how many of these guys would be millionaires without football? :thinking:

Zero!:yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
05-03-2011, 05:07 PM
This is funny, because I just read this thread and today in first period I was eavesdropping on a conversation with someone saying the very same thing. "How can you celebrate the death of another human being?" :blah:

First off, I agree with mostly everyone that has already posted. Of course Mendenhall is entitled to his own opinion, this is the USA after all, but in this case he should have just kept his mouth shut, or atleast kept it off the web. Pro athletes should just not say anything about anything political/religious ever. It always does more harm than good. Actually, I don't think it has ever done any good at all.

As for his actual post, completely disagree. Sounds odd to say, but I don't consider Osama bin Laden a human being in an emotional sense. I feel like humans naturally have to have some type of compassion for other humans, even if its just unconciously. Bin Laden obviously had no compassion, therefore I refuse to calm him a member of the human race, because I refuse to associate myself in anyway with him, even if it's just saying we belong to the same species. If it's not ok to celebrate or be happy or relieved the death of another, is it not ok to be happy that Hitler died? God only knows how many more deaths could have been caused if he (Osama) wasn't killed.

Regardless of that ^, I don't think the celebrations outside the White House and what not were celebrations of bin Laden death per se. It was more a celebration of the USA as a country. Just something that brought all Americans together and brought such a blast of patriotism, I don't think anyone really stopped to think about if they should be parading on account of a death.

Clevelandsux
05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I might have to agree with him that it does not make us as a country look good, I mean I see some drunk jagoff at a baseball game jumping up and down. I do believe Mendenhall needs to keep his mouth shut. The steelers have had enough bad PR this past year, Most Steelers fans are red blooded americans including the Rooney family.

So Lets talk about your fumble in the SB? Last chance for any comeback Rashard. This is the 3rd time Mendenhall has put his foot in his mouth. Rookie Year texting Ray Rice smack about Ray lewis. result-broken shoulder. Agreeing with Adrian Peterson. Hey guys come work where I work. And this! Rashard you are in America. Bin Laden is the most evil person in the world. Relive 9/11 again!

airbrake 1
05-03-2011, 06:48 PM
I am so sick and tired of people saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion that i'm ready to vomit...this is how the pieces of shite and cancers to society get away with the terrible things they do to society for so long...drugs dealers invade neighborhoods and the neighbors turn a blind eye to them and when the neighborhood goes to hell they wonder why...child molesters think that having sex with children is OK...so what do i have to accept their argument about pedophilia...NO FREAKING WAY...People break the law and the people who turn them in to the police are called snitches and vilified as if they were in the wrong for turning in a criminal...guess what call me a snitch because if i see you breaking the law i'm going to turn your *** in *******...until people start calling out people when they say absurd things like sticking up for mass murders... you all can stay happy with our cancer ridden society...change starts with you doing whats right not by waiting for someone else do whats right

this is not unexpected behavior by rashard, after the slave comments...but i'm pretty sure he was probably in some public high school when 9/11 happened and some left wing teacher union thug probably told him that ...9/11 was just americas chickens coming home to roost because our our mid east policies...and that america has treated muslims like dirt and that we deserved whatever we got that day

TOO BAD WE DIDN'T DRAFT A RUNNING BACK BECAUSE I"M NOW READY FOR THE ROONEYS TO SELL RASHARDS *** TO DANIEL SNYDER... BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW DAN AND ART ARE SLAVE TRADERS AND MUSLIM JIHADISTS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN MIS-UNDERSTOOD GENTLE SOULS

Phenomenal TJ
05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
i still read mendy as meaning to say.. you put each black guy on the block, check his teeth, bones, muscles, speed., size and is sold to the highest bidder.

he is right it parallels slavery... in the purchasing process, not the work for free issue... thats obvious their millionaires.. ... think a bit logically it makes sense.

It can certainly parallel slavery, especially the part where they're forced to play in the NFL...oh...they're not? They could apply to other jobs like all of us? Well, ****.

I understand the slavery parallel, I really do. These rich guys bidding on the top talent, etc. But...no one forced these young men to play football, no one forced them to sign a contract.

And even then, doesn't every job parallel slavery, then? Employers look over resumes, select the 'best' applicants based on ability and bring them in to inspect them some more (interview).

It was an asinine argument, but both Mendenhall and Peterson have every right to say anything they want, as much as we do.

lloydfan4life
05-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I agree with most all of you in one way or another, and I respect Mendy's right to have an opinion on any topic he so chooses.... however, in the position he's in he should know by now that anything that comes out of his mouth (or off of his fingers as in this case) needs to be politically correct regardless of his own personal feelings. He's a knucklehead for stirring the pot the way he has. At least wait to make these kinds of comments until he's no longer a public figure representing an organization in the public eye.

Big T
05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I can't believe how butt hurt some people are getting. If I wouldve just read the comments on PFT articles about his tweets, and not the actual tweets, I would've thought they said something like.... "F*ck the United States of America. Osama Bin Laden was a pioneer and a humanitarian. His death will be avenged"

I mean seriously. Dude is wondering if the government always tells us the truth and isn't a fan of cheering the death of someone. Come on now. The comments on PFT and the articles themselves are ridiculous. Florio and other posters actually talking about the steelers dumping him? Wow. People wishing injury on him and calling him things like (and I quote) "an anti-American piece of **** scumbag." Come on now. It's all timing. If Mendenhall would've said this a month ago no one would've even given it a second thought.

Sure, maybe his comments were Ill-advised, especially the timing of them, but this is being blown WAY out of proportion.

Mike Tomlin
05-03-2011, 08:06 PM
I can't believe how butt hurt some people are getting. If I wouldve just read the comments on PFT articles about his tweets, and not the actual tweets, I would've thought they said something like.... "F*ck the United States of America. Osama Bin Laden was a pioneer and a humanitarian. His death will be avenged"

I mean seriously. Dude is wondering if the government always tells us the truth and isn't a fan of cheering the death of someone. Come on now. The comments on PFT and the articles themselves are ridiculous. Florio and other posters actually talking about the steelers dumping him? Wow. People wishing injury on him and calling him things like (and I quote) "an anti-American piece of **** scumbag." Come on now. It's all timing. If Mendenhall would've said this a month ago no one would've even given it a second thought.

Sure, maybe his comments were Ill-advised, especially the timing of them, but this is being blown WAY out of proportion.
I agree you know how it is now days, if you say you don't eat macaroni the people will say you want to bomb all kraft facilities lol! Like I said I don't agree with what Osama did but I couldn't bring myself to jump up an down cause he's dead. I am glad that people got some closure out of it but he's only one man. There's a whole movement out there thats against us, hate is being bred in some of these kids and we're happy about one guy. I feel like we're giving him what he wants his name is spoke more than any of the people he killed. That's where I don't agree I feel like as a country we're bigger than that just let Osama be a bug on the windshield of the USA.

steelersbabex25
05-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I am so sick and tired of people saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion that i'm ready to vomit...

That's kinda the basis of our entire country..

--- Added 5/3/2011 at 06:51 PM ---

The fact that people are butt hurt it the reason why people are butt hurt..if that makes sense. If it's upsetting people at all then he probably shouldn't have posted anything in the first place. A football player talking about the government? Come on bro. Stick to your area of expertise. That being said, I am in no way asking for him to be kicked off the Steelers because of this.

airbrake 1
05-03-2011, 09:18 PM
That's kinda the basis of our entire country..

When someone makes a statement of their opinion, they are making an argument for why their opinion is valid...so when a guy from NAMBLA (if your not familiar who these sick perverts are its the national man boy love association they advocate for the legalization of pedophilia) says that it's his opinion that he should be allowed to have sex with children ...I should have to accept that that's his opinion and he should be able to live out his sick fantasy without the rest of civil society looking down our noses at him...but i guess in your eyes he should be allowed to cornhole some young boys because it his opinion that it's ok to do so ...HUH

people don't tolerate it when someone says something about blacks or gays...so why should we just have to chalk something up as some ones opinion when they advocate for the killer of thousands of innocent americans...I guess you advocate for the KKK when they take to the streets...EH'

I have the opinion that we shouldn't have to tolerate this bullshit...but i guess that just my opinion right...

steelersbabex25
05-03-2011, 09:29 PM
When someone makes a statement of their opinion, they are making an argument for why their opinion is valid...so when a guy from NAMBLA (if your not familiar who these sick perverts are its the national man boy love association they advocate for the legalization of pedophilia) says that it's his opinion that he should be allowed to have sex with children ...I should have to accept that that's his opinion and he should be able to live out his sick fantasy without the rest of civil society looking down our noses at him...but i guess in your eyes he should be allowed to cornhole some young boys because it his opinion that it's ok to do so ...HUH

people don't tolerate it when someone says something about blacks or gays...so why should we just have to chalk something up as some ones opinion when they advocate for the killer of thousands of innocent americans...I guess you advocate for the KKK when they take to the streets...EH'

I have the opinion that we shouldn't have to tolerate this bullshit...but i guess that just my opinion right...

There's a huge jump between endorsing pedophilia (which is illegal) and posting something about Osama bin Laden on your twitter (which is not illegal.) He also wasn't "advocating for the killer of thousands of innocent Americans." I didn't see anything on his twitter that said it isn't good that they got Osama bin Laden.

Also, I would appreciate if you wouldn't draw conclusions such as that I advocate for the KKK or it's ok for someone to rape little boys, because I didn't say that and I obviously don't. I'm not an idiot, so don't talk to me or treat me like one.

You know, for someone who doesn't think anyone should have to put up with anyone elses opinions, you sure like to voice yours a lot.

PS. Freedom of speech, yeah, right there, First Amendment, US Constitution. So regardless of what you think, it is one of the rights that we base our country on, and I don't think the government is ever going to ask you how you feel about it.

LarryNJ
05-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm not surprised he feels that way. There are many people who think the same thing about what happened on 911. The government bombed the towers, ect. ect. There are also many who wouldn't celebrate a death of anyone or anything.
As far as people overeacting, it is to be expected. It's a subject that is very emotional to most people. Almost as emotional as they get when someone chooses a different cell phone service than they have. :lol:

My thoughts are there's nothing he is going to say that I have control over. I try not to care about things I have no control over. So say what you want, just run for 1800 yards and 15 td's next year.

airbrake 1
05-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm not trying to take anyones right of free speech away...They can say whatever they please...but it's a civil society's duty to treat these bomb throwers as pariahs after the fact...and therein lies the problem these people aren't treated as pariahs...and i do believe that rashard said that we didn't get to hear Bin Ladens side of the argument which would conclude that he believes there is a chance that bin laden could have been justified to kill all those americans...The only time when people voice their opinions on race or sexual preference do we treat people as pariahs...Rashard can say whatever he likes but after he says it he should be put in the same boat as david duke and louis farakhan as social pariahs and shunned by civilized people

Nolrog
05-03-2011, 09:47 PM
These were the words of a horribly ignorant man. I pity someone with so little knowledge and information.

He has a right to say what he wants, but he also must know that with his words come repercussions.

airbrake 1
05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
"What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side," Mendenhall wrote, before adding his view on the Twin Towers attack.

I have heard Bin Laden speak and i know what his message is HATE...I guess rashard thinks he is a man of peace like ghandi...if that isn't advocating for bin laden i don't know what is...steelerbabex25 you silly little girl get back to your debutante ball and leave the real issues to those who can truly comprehend them...

Prosdo
05-03-2011, 10:15 PM
What kills me about this tweet is how utterly stupid he sounds. First off if he said its not a time to celebrate. I could see his point. It's a time to reflect and pray for those lost on 9/11. Maybe be thankful that they got some justice. But the whole we never heard him speak and there's only one side to the story. Come on now....

steeldoc
05-03-2011, 10:23 PM
One, Mendenhall is a numnuts, two, how can I sigh up for the NFL slavery gig?:lol:

LatrobePA
05-03-2011, 10:35 PM
My whole point, tweeting on twitter about when you last had a bowel movement or about how you think the gov. set 911 up it's all GAY!

Sorry folks that's how I feel!!

Rampage
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
My whole point, tweeting on twitter about when you last had a bowel movement or about how you think the gov. set 911 up it's all GAY!

Sorry folks that's how I feel!!

I believe you use Shi**er for that.

steelersbabex25
05-03-2011, 11:07 PM
I have heard Bin Laden speak and i know what his message is HATE...I guess rashard thinks he is a man of peace like ghandi...if that isn't advocating for bin laden i don't know what is...steelerbabex25 you silly little girl get back to your debutante ball and leave the real issues to those who can truly comprehend them...

:rofl::lol::rofl: Is this supposed to upset me? Because it doesn't. It just cracks me up. Maybe the US should take the right to free speech away, it might prevent people like you from sitting behind their computer and attacking people with a different viewpoint.

Also, if you're including yourself in the group that can "truly comprehend" the issues, than I actually fear for the future of this country.

connecticutsteel
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
i am in the field of demolition and there is some substance to what he said about demolition style no one thinks its odd that the building collaped in a neat pile no before yall call me a kook too my cousin perished in tower 2 and i am in no way soiling his memory by questioning the governments version i dont think rashad was sticking up for bin laden his point was that he doesnt belive in celebrating anyones death and the news was about bin laden so he used his name i dont have to agree with him to like him as a player im sure there are plenty of douche bags in the nfl GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

airbrake 1
05-03-2011, 11:20 PM
:rofl::lol::rofl: Is this supposed to upset me? Because it doesn't. It just cracks me up. Maybe the US should take the right to free speech away, it might prevent people like you from sitting behind their computer and attacking people with a different viewpoint.

Also, if you're including yourself in the group that can "truly comprehend" the issues, than I actually fear for the future of this country.

I guess you and rashard can will now just have to listen to Bin Ladens messages of peace on tape now that he's fish food...your depths naivete are truly bottomless...be sure to message back in 10-15 years when you finally learn how the real world works and tell us how rashards quote didn't leave some doubt in peoples minds on whether he thinks bin laden is a nice guy...perhaps you and he can advocate for hitler next time and open up a few cans of ZYKLON B for all us haters of free speech..BREATHE THAT FRESH AIR IT WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR CARES

connecticutsteel
05-03-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm not trying to take anyones right of free speech away...They can say whatever they please...but it's a civil society's duty to treat these bomb throwers as pariahs after the fact...and therein lies the problem these people aren't treated as pariahs...and i do believe that rashard said that we didn't get to hear Bin Ladens side of the argument which would conclude that he believes there is a chance that bin laden could have been justified to kill all those americans...The only time when people voice their opinions on race or sexual preference do we treat people as pariahs...Rashard can say whatever he likes but after he says it he should be put in the same boat as david duke and louis farakhan as social pariahs and shunned by civilized people

this is a joke post...........right? i mean you're not seriously saying people should be shunned for there beliefs or what they say

airbrake 1
05-03-2011, 11:32 PM
this is a joke post...........right? i mean you're not seriously saying people should be shunned for there beliefs or what they say

anyone still hear of michael richards...his career is basically over because he used some racial comment...i guess you people's outrage only comes out when it involves race or sexual preference...when people give the benefit of the doubt to killers of innocent americans, no biggie eh'

Zachintosh66
05-03-2011, 11:35 PM
reguardless if it was morally right or wrong...

how did we draft this guy?

- this is second "twitter offense"
- there was the talk before he was drafted, that he almost quit football while in college
- he has stated he is just a guy who plays football... not a football player

i get the freedom of speech, i get what he was saying about the excess HATE but it was insensitive towards those American families who did lose someone...

does this sound like a guy we usually have represent our team? I mean, i like him as a RB, but there a some weird personality red flags... i wonder where he is leading us

airbrake 1
05-03-2011, 11:41 PM
i am in the field of demolition and there is some substance to what he said about demolition style no one thinks its odd that the building collaped in a neat pile no before yall call me a kook too my cousin perished in tower 2 and i am in no way soiling his memory by questioning the governments version i dont think rashad was sticking up for bin laden his point was that he doesnt belive in celebrating anyones death and the news was about bin laden so he used his name i dont have to agree with him to like him as a player im sure there are plenty of douche bags in the nfl GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

5,000 gallons of jet fuel in a steel reinforced building started fire...fire melts steel...steel loses structural integrity...building pancakes in on it's own weight....i can't believe there are still people who can even fathom this conspiracy theory crap...

i guess the goverment blew the levees in new orleans, and the moon landing was shot on a movie set...who knew the drug PCP was making such a big comeback in this country

Farrior Fan
05-03-2011, 11:43 PM
wow Rashard, I will cheer for you as long as you wear the Black and Gold but Keep your damn mouth shut. If you score a 23 on the Wonderlic your opinion really doesn't matter. Yes I believe 100% in the freedom of speech but can we please just focus on the Ravens? I could care less about your political views, as a matter of fact if you want to equate your situation to slavery then your are a flat out moron. If you want out of your slavery then go to work like the rest of us, make 50 grand a year and smile. Please Rashard just focus on what you do best...not on the real issues of the world.

steelersbabex25
05-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I guess you and rashard can will now just have to listen to Bin Ladens messages of peace on tape now that he's fish food...your depths naivete are truly bottomless...be sure to message back in 10-15 years when you finally learn how the real world works and tell us how rashards quote didn't leave some doubt in peoples minds on whether he thinks bin laden is a nice guy...perhaps you and he can advocate for hitler next time and open up a few cans of ZYKLON B for all us haters of free speech..BREATHE THAT FRESH AIR IT WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR CARES

Good idea! I'll totally do that! Wow I totally look up to you as my elder because you respect others so well and don't have a completely backwards point of view. Can't wait to learn how the real world works because I'm 11 years old and don't understand anything about anything! Yay so excited!

Real Deal Steel
05-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Mendenhall is an idiot. It's okay for him to feel that way because this is a free country but to not understand the sensitivity of the subject to the majority of the nation is another thing all together.

Mendy, your not in everyone good graces anyway for the fumble that cost us a shot to win the Super Bowl so shut up or suddenly Ricky Williams will be signed, Dwyer will get 10 carries a game and suddenly your of no use to this team. Or the league. Being blackballed has been done before.

Dobre Shunka
05-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Wonder if Bin Laden screamed "Oh, sh*t" before they busted a cap in his head?

The SEALS honoring free speech to the very end!

Danger DANJ
05-04-2011, 05:11 AM
Just another reason why Twatter is garbage and I will never have an account there.

I get the part Mendy is talking about with people celebrating over Bin Laden's death but the rest should have never been twatted. I'm glad Bin Laden finally got what was coming to him, but there is just way too much excessive celebration going on in my opinion. I feel like there really isn't anything to celebrate. All the lives lost on 9/11 will not be brought back and Al Qaeda isn't any less of a threat because one person of the group is dead.

connecticutsteel
05-04-2011, 09:01 AM
5,000 gallons of jet fuel in a steel reinforced building started fire...fire melts steel...steel loses structural integrity...building pancakes in on it's own weight....i can't believe there are still people who can even fathom this conspiracy theory crap...

i guess the goverment blew the levees in new orleans, and the moon landing was shot on a movie set...who knew the drug PCP was making such a big comeback in this country

diesel fuel cant burn hot enough to melt high tensil steel no matter what the delivery system is there is only one thing that can liquify steel and that is thermate google prof steve jones

--- Added 5/4/2011 at 07:01 AM ---

btw no steel building in HISTORY has ever fell do to fire and there have been building almost as high as wtc hit by jets and the building never fell fyi jet fuel is basically diesel fuel it's max tempature is 2500 f it takes 3500f minamun to melt steel im not saying the government was responsible for 911 but they havent told the truth about it either just the science alone debunks thier version but this is steeleraddicts so im done commenting on 911 only the steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2011, 09:41 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201105/20110504steelers_330.jpg

Steelers halfback Rashard Mendenhall removed one of his controversial comments from his Twitter feed but has not talked publicly since his series of tweets on the social media site about the death of Osama bin Laden and the 9/11 terrorist attacks prompted an uproar around the country.

Mendenhall, Profootballtalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/03/mendenhall-deletes-his-truther-tweet/related) first discovered, removed the comment he made Monday evening that "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."
He has not posted a tweet since Monday evening.

The distaste with some of his comments on Twitter reached the president's office of his employer. Art Rooney II issued a statement Tuesday that Mendenhall's comments about 9/11 and bin Laden's death were hard to comprehend.

"I have not spoken with Rashard so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments. The entire Steelers' organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon."

The @R_Mendenhall (http://twitter.com/#%21/R_Mendenhall) name was among the top 10 most read on Twitter for a time Tuesday.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, asked in March if he had a policy on his players use of social media, replied, "As long as they don't specifically discuss our business I'm not against it. I'm not a proponent of it. I think it's a generational thing. I think I missed that window."

Read more: (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11124/1143870-66.stm#ixzz1LO3Doe7e)

Rampage
05-04-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm just going to leave this here for Mendy

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li4ywuZlW41qgm6edo1_400.jpg

wowwowwow
05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
what a dirt bag

--- Added 5/4/2011 at 09:28 AM ---

he should stfu or move to the mid east with the other whack jobs

ItalianSteel
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Don't know who's dumber? Mendenhall or the people that actually come on and support his views. I'm all for free speech but some people just dont have the brains to have such a forum. Obviously, the guy is not a rocket scientist.

Love the debate about melting steel. Real interesting. Keep that stuff coming LOL.

Please God end this lockout so we can talk football again.

86WARD
05-04-2011, 12:48 PM
He's an idiot on twitter. I'm not done with him... He's a good back minus his fumbling issues...

Hrs also a pussy for taking down his tweet about the twin towers. If that's the way he feels, so be it.

SteelDad
05-04-2011, 01:24 PM
He's an idiot on twitter. I'm not done with him... He's a good back minus his fumbling issues...

Hrs also a pussy for taking down his tweet about the twin towers. If that's the way he feels, so be it.

I don't really understand him taking the post down either. What's done is done.

JensK
05-04-2011, 02:07 PM

I bet that someone with "strong" relations to Rooney "hinted" to Mendenhall that taking the tweets down would be a wise career move.

SteelDad
05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Looks as though someone definitely got to him because he has tweeted a link to an apology he wrote on what I believe is his blog or website.

LatrobePA
05-04-2011, 03:53 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/rashard-mendenhall-osama-bin-laden-tweets-make-him-easy-target-for-talking-heads-050411

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
From his blog http://r34mendenhall.blogspot.com/ (http://www.r34mendenhall.blogspot.com)

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I appreciate those of you who have decided to read this letter and attain a greater understanding of my recent twitter posts. I see how they have gotten misconstrued, and wanted to use this outlet as a way to clear up all things that do not truthfully represent myself, what I stand for personally, and any organization that I am a part of.

First, I want people to understand that I am not in support of Bin Laden, or against the USA. I understand how devastating 9/11 was to this country and to the people whose families were affected. Not just in the US, but families all over the world who had relatives in the World Trade Centers. My heart goes out to the troops who fight for our freedoms everyday, not being certain if they will have the opportunity to return home, and the families who watch their loved ones bravely go off to war. Last year, I was grateful enough to have the opportunity to travel over seas and participate in a football camp put on for the children of US troops stationed in Germany. It was a special experience. These events have had a significant impact in my life.

“What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...”

This controversial statement was something I said in response to the amount of joy I saw in the event of a murder. I don’t believe that this is an issue of politics or American pride; but one of religion, morality, and human ethics. In the bible, Ezekiel 33:11 states, “Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!...”. I wasn’t questioning Bin Laden’s evil acts. I believe that he will have to face God for what he has done. I was reflecting on our own hypocrisy. During 9/11 we watched in horror as parts of the world celebrated death on our soil. Earlier this week, parts of the world watched us in horror celebrating a man’s death.

Nothing I said was meant to stir up controversy. It was my way to generate conversation. In looking at my timeline in its entirety, everything that I’ve said is with the intent of expressing a wide array of ideas and generating open and honest discussions, something I believe we as American citizens should be able to do. Most opinions will not be fully agreed upon and are not meant to be. However, I believe every opinion should be respected or at least given some thought. I apologize for the timing as such a sensitive matter, but it was not meant to do harm. I apologize to anyone I unintentionally harmed with anything that I said, or any hurtful interpretation that was made and put in my name.

It was only meant to encourage anyone reading it to think.

steelspikes
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Mendy is right on target. In addition to 911, Bin Laden death is a hoax. Reputable sources know he's been on ice since 2001, after dying of kidney failure. Go to infowars.com. Sadly, he will likely be censored. NFL gets a boatload of cash for military advertising. And NFL.com will brook no dissent from the "offical story." I know, I got censored for disagreeing with Vic Carucci for buying into the hoax. Go Steelers, go Mendy!

LarryNJ
05-04-2011, 05:09 PM
That's a well written response and something you kind of figured was coming. Although I don't think he needed to quote the bible and I kind of doubt that he wrote it. If he really did know and believe in that verse he probably never would have said what he did in the first place. I'd guess that his teammate number 43 sort of has a similar feeling about celebrating a death and could quote many verses from the bible. But did he feel the need to tell the world?

acero
05-04-2011, 05:23 PM
he's a young guy that made a mistake, dont we all make mistakes?

he will learn, give him a chance

JensK
05-04-2011, 05:53 PM
That's a well written response and something you kind of figured was coming. Although I don't think he needed to quote the bible and I kind of doubt that he wrote it. If he really did know and believe in that verse he probably never would have said what he did in the first place. I'd guess that his teammate number 43 sort of has a similar feeling about celebrating a death and could quote many verses from the bible. But did he feel the need to tell the world?

Who knows.. I'm pretty sure that Rashard is really religious so the quote could be real. I'm not going to say that this obviously is a written statement made by someone else than Rashard, but that is to be expected. Players rarely do those things them self (see: James Harrison).

airbrake 1
05-04-2011, 06:10 PM
peoples selective moral outrage is almost reaching absurd levels...i could just imagine if ben roethlisberger tweeted that he thought that the confederacy had some valid points on slavery, but americans just were too dumb to listen...or that hitler had some justification for trying to exterminate the jews...we would not be having a discussion on free speech....we would be talking about his career with the steelers being over

JensK
05-04-2011, 06:32 PM
peoples selective moral outrage is almost reaching absurd levels...i could just imagine if ben roethlisberger tweeted that he thought that the confederacy had some valid points on slavery, but americans just were too dumb to listen...or that hitler had some justification for trying to exterminate the jews...we would not be having a discussion on free speech....we would be talking about his career with the steelers being over

First of all, all moral is selective like it or not. It is not like Mendenhall is preaching the Islam ways of life and justify terrorism, he is merely making a point regarding celebrating the death of another human being. This you can agree with or not, but that is hardly the same example of, for instance, the killing of over a million Jews such as Hitler did. If there ever were a selective thing in this threads it would be that kind of juxtaposition.

I think most people thought that the comment on the 9/11 thing was rather stupid, including myself. As Train said, these are often undereducated kids who may or may not understand physics or construction-work. Does that justify him, as a role-model or athlete, to question it? Not really and for this he said he was sorry.

airbrake 1
05-04-2011, 09:18 PM
First of all, all moral is selective like it or not. It is not like Mendenhall is preaching the Islam ways of life and justify terrorism, he is merely making a point regarding celebrating the death of another human being. This you can agree with or not, but that is hardly the same example of, for instance, the killing of over a million Jews such as Hitler did. If there ever were a selective thing in this threads it would be that kind of juxtaposition.

I think most people thought that the comment on the 9/11 thing was rather stupid, including myself. As Train said, these are often undereducated kids who may or may not understand physics or construction-work. Does that justify him, as a role-model or athlete, to question it? Not really and for this he said he was sorry.

my problem isn't with what mendenhall said about the dancing in the streets , i wish that stuff didn't happen ...it was the part about listening to bin ladens side of the story...bin ladens side of the story is hate i don't care about the confederacy's hatred or,hitler's or bin ladens's reasonings for why they kill... my selective morality scenario is about hate... if one would say something hateful about someones race or sexual preference people would be all up in arms... but when it's just about america well take your shots...because we don't care about that just about race and sexual preference

Real Deal Steel
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
I think Mendenhall should be practicing how to hold on to the ball. All that energy he's using to tweet messages should be channeled to his forarms and hands.

Dobre Shunka
05-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Seriously, this is no joking matter and I for one respect Mendy's viewpoints and right to say.

Hey, check out his last FB entry!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/robbiam/a3b1646f.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
05-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Wow talk about something being way over blown....At first I was like WTF but really he said something foolish on his twitter account......Lets just move on and get over it....If people don't like Mendenhall for saying stupid things then ok and if people still like Mendenhall then cool.......

Lock out just end so us fans can enjoy the season.......

BlitzburghRockCity
05-05-2011, 05:25 PM
It's already in the past, nobody's talking about it anymore now that Hines went and got arrested for stealing a car today :lol: (insert sarcasm here).

Never a dull moment these days with our Steelers that's for sure.

On a serious note though, the Steelers aren't suddenly going to trade Mendenhall or otherwise alienate him for this. If they can put up with everything that happened to Ben in the last couple years I'm quite sure they can hang with Mendenhall over this misunderstanding.

Clevelandsux
05-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Mendy needs to stfu! We've had enough bad PR this past year. Don't fumble in the SB!

lloydfan4life
05-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Seriously, this is no joking matter and I for one respect Mendy's viewpoints and right to say.

:coffeecough:

IMAGE POST OF THE YEAR!!! IMO. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love it! :rofl:

Rampage
05-06-2011, 03:00 PM

:lol:

Here's a few more I saw on a different forum:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/guitarzan1143/224650_2069924832660_1381021956_32558535_6417435_n .jpg

http://i.imgur.com/42biF.png

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt53/dtboos/binladencomplain.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/maliciousteve/funny.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bn9sn.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/Dramius1/chatroulette-trolling-osama-bin-trolling.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkof4v0Yi11qgtlpfo1_500.jpg