PDA

View Full Version : Players to keep an eye on for 2012

K Train
05-02-2011, 04:19 PM
All my hardwork over the last year is now over...i got to see some of my favorite players go to teams i hate, got to see players i think will fail go to teams i think they will certainly fail with (Dalton) and overall im extremely happy with the steelers 2011 draft. Not flashy by any means but 3 starters down the road at the very least and 3 of my favorite players in the draft to see in a steelers uniform.

I do this every year, and yes...Cameron Heyward was on my last years one...check out this thread for some awesome posts from 2010 about 2011

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24682

Not in any particular order, just some names to let sink in for the upcoming year

Mike Brewster C/G OSU - would be the final chapter to a monumental change from below average to elite oline

Jayron Hosely CB Va Tech - Not the biggest guy but is simply terrific in coverage...dont need big, physical corners if the ball never gets close to them

Don'ta hightower MLB Bama - A hammer in the middle...imo a better physical prospect than rolando mcclain, not quite the football player though

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson - I think TE is going to be a need soon, hes one of the better ones available in the 2012 draft...good pass catcher

Ray Ray Armstrong FS Miami - Huge FS, but is going to be a special player...been on teams radars since high school

Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington- Probably a mid round guy but will likely be one of the better NT prospect next year (not looking like a great year for them)

Kenny Tate FS Maryland - Pretty much the same size as Armstrong, next years safety class will liekly put this years to shame

David Paulson TE Oregon - Same idea as Allen

Blair Walsh K Georgia - Gonna put the best college kicker on the steelers radar until further notice

Feel free to add guys

Phenomenal TJ
05-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I love me some Ray Ray.

andyg1984
05-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I look at the WR position .. not that I think we have a shot at Jeffery or Blackmon, but maybe Floyd ... i think we look to upgrade this spot in '12

janoris jenkins ... who knows how good of a fit he is or how much his recent otf activities will hurt him, but he can play for sure ...

Sean Spence is the best player on Miami's D next year imo .. not a fit for us prolly, but he is a human highlight reel ..

connecticutsteel
05-02-2011, 11:00 PM
what about minifield s kid

Black@Gold Forever32
05-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Michael Floyd is a baller.......

K Train
05-03-2011, 08:55 AM
I look at the WR position .. not that I think we have a shot at Jeffery or Blackmon, but maybe Floyd ... i think we look to upgrade this spot in '12

janoris jenkins ... who knows how good of a fit he is or how much his recent otf activities will hurt him, but he can play for sure ...

Sean Spence is the best player on Miami's D next year imo .. not a fit for us prolly, but he is a human highlight reel ..

floyd with his 2 DUIs now and Jenkins being kicked off florida because of his 3rd arrest for weed makes them no possibilities for the steelers imo. and i love both of them btw...both will grade out as top 10 picks talent wise

andyg1984
05-03-2011, 12:04 PM
yeah, i know, it sux ..

How do you rank Jeffery, Blackmon and Floyd? Blackmon is such a beast, i really really like him ..

What do you think of Kirkpatrick?

--- Added 5/3/2011 at 11:04 AM ---

i think blackmon is better than floyd, but i am not sure about jeffery

--- Added 5/3/2011 at 11:04 AM ---

is Kalil all he is cracked up to be?

K Train
05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
I like blackmon slightly more than jeffrey, i think blackmon would have been a top 15 pick this year and he will likely be the first guy taken next year.

dre kirkpatrick is real nice physically but i dont really see the hype on him, although i would expect him to be the top CB next year at this point.

kalil is really good. ryan kalil is an awesome center and was a good prospect, but matt shames him as a prospect and not just based on being a LT but being way more skilled at the same point in their careers

Black@Gold Forever32
05-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Notre Dame should have put me on their pay roll I would have been Floyd's designated driver....I'm only 30 minutes from South Bend....lol

emansanders88
05-08-2011, 10:56 PM
I think Ray Ray is a SS otherwise I'd love to get him. People to potentially add to the list:
Manti Te'o/ILB-Notre Dame
Vontaze Burfict/ILB-Arizona State
Luke Kuechly/ILB-Boston College
Courney Upshaw/ILB-Alabama
Robert Lester/FS-Alabama
TJ McDonald/FS-USC
Janzen Jackson/FS-Tennessee

Phenomenal TJ
05-09-2011, 03:13 AM

Another I love.

K Train
05-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I think Ray Ray is a SS otherwise I'd love to get him. People to potentially add to the list:
Manti Te'o/ILB-Notre Dame
Luke Kuechly/ILB-Boston College
Courney Upshaw/ILB-Alabama
Robert Lester/FS-Alabama
TJ McDonald/FS-USC
Janzen Jackson/FS-Tennessee

love teo and kuechly....burfict will probbaly be a top 10 guy though

also add cordy glenn...monster guard from UGA

K Train
05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
i think my actual favorite player right now might be alfonzo dennard the "other" CB at nebraska. he would look pretty great as a steeler

andyg1984
05-09-2011, 12:30 PM
yea, burfict is a name we will hear often

connecticutsteel
05-13-2011, 07:44 PM
My Favorites for next year for the steelers are Jesse Williams NT alabama (a definate beast) chase minnifield had six picks in 2011 in dowlings absence Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa st fits our scheme :cope:

K Train
05-14-2011, 02:13 AM
chase minnifield will be better than both chris cook and rasi dowling...and dowling was my dude all along

connecticutsteel
05-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Ktrain what do you think of Jesse Williams for NT next year 6'4" 330 from a solid school like nebraska:banana::cope::banana:

andyg1984
05-16-2011, 11:28 PM
i want to go big on another WR so bad .. Mohammed Sanu .. outside of Wallace I think we need a guy that is relatively difficult to guard .. i just went back and watched some of the '09 tape .. imo we really do miss holmes, bad

it just burns me every day knowing that greg little is a brown ..

connecticutsteel
05-17-2011, 05:07 AM
i want to go big on another WR so bad .. Mohammed Sanu .. outside of Wallace I think we need a guy that is relatively difficult to guard .. i just went back and watched some of the '09 tape .. imo we really do miss holmes, bad

it just burns me every day knowing that greg little is a brown ..

greg little has serious character issues he is permanenetly suspended by the ncaa and was disiplined on numerous occasions so he never had a chance to be a steeler Here is a name of a receiver we have a chance to draft next year that is a big guy Jeff Fuller Texas A&M 6'4" 209LBS 4.5 40 Juron criner 6'4" 215 had an eye popping 82 catches and 11 td's may also fall to us

K Train
05-17-2011, 10:35 AM
greg little is going to be a stud....an absoulte monster for the browns. his character concerns arent really that big of a concern, it was NCAA violations that the NFL arent interested in

connecticutsteel
05-17-2011, 11:42 AM
greg little is going to be a stud....an absoulte monster for the browns. his character concerns arent really that big of a concern, it was NCAA violations that the NFL arent interested in maybe so but a reciever often is only as good as his qb and mccoy isnt quite there yet so he wont show for a couple of seasons

K Train
05-17-2011, 11:48 AM
i woulda done the same thing as a college student...no questions

connecticutsteel
05-17-2011, 12:00 PM
i changed that post i didnt want to stir things up its really only hearsay anyway

--- Added 5/17/2011 at 11:00 AM ---

What do u think of Fuller and Criner?

andyg1984
05-17-2011, 12:47 PM
greg little has serious character issues he is permanenetly suspended by the ncaa and was disiplined on numerous occasions so he never had a chance to be a steeler Here is a name of a receiver we have a chance to draft next year that is a big guy Jeff Fuller Texas A&M 6'4" 209LBS 4.5 40 Juron criner 6'4" 215 had an eye popping 82 catches and 11 td's may also fall to us

greg little visited the steelers btw so i dont see how we never had a chance ..

Mohammed Sanu is a freak .. not sure if he will declare etc, but i love me some sanu

connecticutsteel
05-17-2011, 08:53 PM
He came to visit and then he spoke and it was all over

K Train
05-02-2012, 10:27 AM
All my hardwork over the last year is now over...i got to see some of my favorite players go to teams i hate, got to see players i think will fail go to teams i think they will certainly fail with (Dalton) and overall im extremely happy with the steelers 2011 draft. Not flashy by any means but 3 starters down the road at the very least and 3 of my favorite players in the draft to see in a steelers uniform.

I do this every year, and yes...Cameron Heyward was on my last years one...check out this thread for some awesome posts from 2010 about 2011

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24682

Not in any particular order, just some names to let sink in for the upcoming year

Jayron Hosely CB Va Tech - Not the biggest guy but is simply terrific in coverage...dont need big, physical corners if the ball never gets close to them

Don'ta hightower MLB Bama - A hammer in the middle...imo a better physical prospect than rolando mcclain, not quite the football player though

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson - I think TE is going to be a need soon, hes one of the better ones available in the 2012 draft...good pass catcher

Ray Ray Armstrong FS Miami - Huge FS, but is going to be a special player...been on teams radars since high school

Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington- Probably a mid round guy but will likely be one of the better NT prospect next year (not looking like a great year for them)

Kenny Tate FS Maryland - Pretty much the same size as Armstrong, next years safety class will liekly put this years to shame

David Paulson TE Oregon - Same idea as Allen

Blair Walsh K Georgia - Gonna put the best college kicker on the steelers radar until further notice

Feel free to add guys

Funny to look back on these, last year i had a few too....paulson and taamu this year on my initial watch list...kinda funny

real surprised i didnt have cordy glenn at this point, i was very high on him all year

ChucktownSteeler
05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow, major kudos go to andyg1984. he mentions Sean Spence.

C-town

Phenomenal TJ
05-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Still hate thinking of Burfict in Cincy, lol.